Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DOE ANYBODY HERE BARTEND??

Wanted to find out what you people think about bartending. I work for a rescruiting company right now and i am looking to get out of it...it sucks!! Going to go back to school and thinking of tending some bar...anybody here work in that industry and wouldn't mind giving me some advice?? Thanks

How 'bout a job!!

Originally posted by rachely:

Wanted to find out what you people think about bartending. I work for a rescruiting company right now and i am looking to get out of it...it sucks!! Going to go back to school and thinking of tending some bar...anybody here work in that industry and wouldn't mind giving me some advice?? Thanks

How 'bout a job!!

I'm a part-time bartender...I bartend at Calico Jack's once in a while and Tammany Hall too...

I going to start promoting a little Sat. night party at Tammany Hall for around 50-80 people...If you can draw people to the bar then I may be able to fit you into a bartending spot...maybe even as soon as this weekend if you are really serious about it...

PM or AIM me for more info...Steve cwm30.gif

------------------

"Up all night...sleep all day."

AIM - E123NYC

IntroLogoM.jpg

i did it for about 4 years before i started this job i am ay now .. i dont really miss it .. after 4 years i was really sick of it .. except teh $$$ was good prob better than i'm bring home now .. since it was all tax free ... where are u from ..? where do u goto school ..?

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

I am a bartender...here's a little advice for you. When you start to look at places to work at make sure you find a place that you will actually like and that the atmosphere is good. Know your stuff...a lot of the bar owners go for bartenders with experience rather than someone who just got out of a class because they like to see that you can handle people. If you are bartending by yourself make sure that you have a guy there that you can trust to stay with you....Fights will break out over the absolute dumbist shit. On average depending on the bar you should get a shift pay between $30-45. Be aware of what goes on in the bathrooms unless you are bartending at a club then who the hell cares let the bouncer take care of that. Cleavage..sad to say but true show some and give them a little smile and you'd be surprised how much of tip they might leave you. It's easier to work at a sports bar than a club for two reasons..the clean up and more tips. At clubs you have to split your tips usually between you and the other bartenders. Oh and one more thing..have a following..meaning the owners like to know that you will be able to bring people down to the establishment usually between 15-20 people is a good following.

------------------

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://members.tripod.com/~gifs123/tigger.gif" TARGET=_blank&gt;http://members.tripod.com/~gifs123/tigger.gif</A>

Scott pm me and Ill should be able to help you out. also Im doing the TAmmany Hall thing w/ NYC 420 so maybe you can do it too and we can have a sort of Udel night??

-Andy

------------------

And Everything Will Flow....Flow....Flow....

andy.gif

Originally posted by risa06:

too funny...I was just looking through the Village Voice for a bartending job...and then this thread.......

Someone told me that they (owners of the bars/clubs and...) don't really ask for your license...just experience.........is that true???.........

I've never been asked for a liscense, but I'm sure it would help...Owners do look for experience, but it really depends on the bar...if it's a really nice place then you're going to have to know how to make a really good Vodka/Gin Martini...

Owners at most places in the city will let you bartend as long as you get 15-20 people to come and drink during your shift...in that case you just need to know the basics...

------------------

AIM - E123NYC

IntroLogoM.jpg

Originally posted by nyc420:

I've never been asked for a liscense, but I'm sure it would help...Owners do look for experience, but it really depends on the bar...if it's a really nice place then you're going to have to know how to make a really good Vodka/Gin Martini...

Owners at most places in the city will let you bartend as long as you get 15-20 people to come and drink during your shift...in that case you just need to know the basics...

Thanks........... smile.gif .......

------------------

"I don't want you to love me........"

I bartended at Rain...a trendy restaurant on the upper west side for a yr. It was hard work & fun at times... I was makin mad $$$. I wound up quittin cause the other 2 bartenders were sellin yay-o & I didn't wanna be involved.

Bartending isn't all that glamourous...ur serving ppl for g-d's sake...never again..lol cwm9.gif

Yes it is true that many hotels and even some restaurants are unionized and you can earn 12-15 an hour plus tips and benefits. These are not easy jobs to get and are usually reserved for people who have chosen bartending/waitstaff as a profession. Try finding a job at a restaurant as the hours are much easier if you are in school and the money can be very reliable. Otherwise hit the pavement and find a bar willing to give you a chance. Good club jobs are hard to come by and the hours can be very long, the money can be great though if you can get in. Good luck and don't bother with bartending school. Get some books, learn what you can and pick up the rest on the job.

Originally posted by az-tec:

Scott pm me and Ill should be able to help you out. also Im doing the TAmmany Hall thing w/ NYC 420 so maybe you can do it too and we can have a sort of Udel night??

-Andy

Lets turn it out kid!!! cwm29.gifcwm29.gifcwm29.gif

------------------

AIM - E123NYC

IntroLogoM.jpg

too funny...I was just looking through the Village Voice for a bartending job...and then this thread.......

Someone told me that they (owners of the bars/clubs and...) don't really ask for your license...just experience.........is that true???.........

------------------

"I don't want you to love me........"