Clubplanet Nightlife Community

UK clubbing scene

I haven't had any experience in the UK club scene but would *love* to. What I've heard is that in the UK as well as all over Europe especially Berlin, the scene is AMAZING.

Clubs are also much more tollerant and take far better care of their clientelle.

And the DJs?! Damn good!!!! Who wants to go with me??!??!??!?!

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image."

---"You have wings! Why don't I have wings?!"

---"Cause you're a boy, silly."

"For the Greeks, the hidden life demanded invisible ink. They wrote an ordinary letter and in between the lines set out to write another letter, written in milk. The document looked innocent enough until one who knew better sprinkled coal-dust over it. What the letter had been no longer mattered: what mattered was the life flaring up undetected..."

It don't matter where the hell you are from, oakie and cox are like gods to us!! As far as the scene goes I've heard awesome things about it over there. In my opinion I think America lags a couple of years behind the UK scene. My friends went over last summer and clubbed like there was no tommorrow. All good reports! My boyfriend and I are planning a trip there this coming summer, let me know what clubs to hit up!

Originally posted by dirtyslapper:

of course it's infinitely better. there are no bloody glowsticks for a start.

ha ah ahahahhahaha

Hey there may be no glowsticks.. but there is a trend that is infinatly more worrying.. people think they need to make their own cloths really, really badly... paint themselves.... badly, get so messed up on E you think they are on K.

Few pretty good new places i went - Elements by the Hooj boys in N1.

Code in Birmingham.

Passion in Coalville <-- best night out i have had for a while.

Space in Leeds (GU boys run this place).

And whats up with all this Hard House shit?

I have all the respect in the world for the UK club scene.....that is, judging from reviews from friends and just word of mouth......I've seen tons of webcasts from clubs over there and it looks crazy......as far as the DJs, nobody compares to the UK in my opinion........I'll be out there very soon to check it all for myself.....as far as the glowsticks, I don't mind them but I did see the Sasha webcast from Gatecrasher and just about 70% of the crowd seemed to be flinging them around.......?????

Mikey

------------------

"The silent dog is the first to bite..." - me

ah yes, you're right, but thankfully Gatecrasher is about the only place where they can be found. Keep them in Sheffield.

Unfortunatly not anymore, confirmed sitings at Que Club (Birmingham), GlassHouse & Sundaysential (Leeds) & DTPM, Gallery @ Turnmills (London).

It's getting hard to find places that DONT play Hard House... if they do expect all the Gatecrasher parifinallia and 18 year old kids on >8 pills.... and Fergie or Lisa Lashes... Puke.

it seems generally hard to hear techno on a regular basis in the US (well NYC anyway) so if only for that reason i prefer the UK scene. still want to check out club 414 but velvet underground was as good as ever when i went back this last time. let's hope mills gets the limelight residency.

------------------

* i love sex always and forever *

and they tell me that women grow on trees

and if you catch them right they will land upon their knees

Originally posted by filthy_slag:

it seems generally hard to hear techno on a regular basis in the US (well NYC anyway) so if only for that reason i prefer the UK scene. still want to check out club 414 but velvet underground was as good as ever when i went back this last time. let's hope mills gets the limelight residency.

Hey can you remember the SW1 or i think it was Club UK at the time when they played Techno?

Well i know it's a year away, but if i'm still alive and kicking by next xmas i'm going over for a family visit, but as soon as i've done my family "duty" i'm off out to the clubs......maybe i won't come back!!

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a snow bunny!!!

uknj@aol.com

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Hey can you remember the SW1 or i think it was Club UK at the time when they played Techno?

almost went to club UK but kind of wasn't into the scene as much then and didn't make it. when i was in london, my friends took me out to places (as in i knew close to f**k all but they had good taste) - it's taken me a while to get my techno calling - and of course i totally missed the acid techno scene first time round. do you know the song direct disco by so project? poundage, mate. what other london techno clubs do you rate?

------------------

* i love sex always and forever *

and they tell me that women grow on trees

and if you catch them right they will land upon their knees

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Unfortunatly not anymore, confirmed sitings at Que Club (Birmingham), GlassHouse & Sundaysential (Leeds) & DTPM, Gallery @ Turnmills (London).

no glowsticks when I was at turnmills. come on Dave, you know you took in a big bag full of them just to piss me off. at least Fabric didn't have any, and neither did Bedrock. or that pub I went to in the Pennines. mind you that did have a sheep in the toilets.

Yeh everybody will get their Techno calling at some point they just don't know it yet wink.gif

As for London Techno clubs, not sure anymore. I haven't been going out there regularly for about 3 years. Just stopped over this time to see freinds.

I herd Ultimate Base @ VU & Savage @ Mass were the main Techno nights in London (still).

Besides Voodoo and The Orbit are the best places in the UK ( smile.gif) and they are much closer to me.

so do you think I should go to Luke Slater on 26 Jan?

his publicist obviously likes him a lot:

"A prodigious talent, Slater has long been at the forefront of British techno. Coming to prominence in the early '90's, his name became synonymous with a brutal and uncompromising sound. Recording for a variety of labels under a number of guises, Slater refined a unique and challenging style. By 1997 he had put his nomadic existence behind him settling with novamute through whom he released his groundbreaking opus Freek Funk a year later.  An eclectic mix of styles and sounds, Freek Funk was rightly hailed as a break-through piece. The album took Slater far beyond the rigid confines of the techno scene establishing him as an artist capable of creating works of staggering brilliance. Live shows and successful festival appearances throughout 1998 consolidated his growing reputation.  By 1999 Slater had begun work on his follow up album with which he made a decision to return to basics and explore his adolescent love of electro. The resultant LP, Wireless, was the perfect crystallisation of his influences updated and put in a modern day context.  "

no glowsticks when I was at turnmills. come on Dave, you know you took in a big bag full of them just to piss me off. at least Fabric didn't have any, and neither did Bedrock. or that pub I went to in the Pennines. mind you that did have a sheep in the toilets.

LOL, Yeh Fabric didn't have any at all, but there were plenty @ The Gallery. Sheep in the toilets, shounds like a place i know.

Well it's a funny thing... BRitish Airways have this radio station on all flights, Judge Jules & Guests.... lot's of 'Big up the BA massive, nuff respect to the flight attendants, Larg'in it with the co pilot' etc.... so anyway, Luke Slater was one of the guests and he was the highlight of the trip... funky techno.... he was my only escape from 2 mad students.

I know, I was more than a bit out of it on the plane listening to that channel when I flew over (but it was fun to start the weekend by dropping just before driving to the airport - ooooh the lights.... the BA lounge was quite entertaining too.....)

I know, I was more than a bit out of it on the plane listening to that channel when I flew over (but it was fun to start the weekend by dropping just before driving to the airport - ooooh the lights.... the BA lounge was quite entertaining too.....)

He he, did the same we went out in Manchester when my flight was cancelled, it's all a little more tollarable.... the best bit were those walkways... seems like your going at 50MPH on a cussion of air.. loved it.. they should put them in clubs wink.gif