Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ant good Ny club books out there? to READ?>>>

At Virgin Megastore down by Union Square they have a great selection in their downstairs books section.

Too early still, names are failing me.

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image."

---"You have wings! Why don't I have wings?!"

---"Cause you're a boy, silly."

"For the Greeks, the hidden life demanded invisible ink. They wrote an ordinary letter and in between the lines set out to write another letter, written in milk. The document looked innocent enough until one who knew better sprinkled coal-dust over it. What the letter had been no longer mattered: what mattered was the life flaring up undetected..."

I bought, "Tonight a DJ Saved My Life," for my friend for xmas. It goes all the way back to the begining of dance music, through Studio 54 days, hip hop, upto the present day emergence of the electronic underground subculture. There's even a review from DT on the back. cwm38.gif

------------------

"Spontaneity is the key to spice in life"

"Music makes the world go 'round...so keep it spinnin!"

hey hun,

i am sure you read disco bloodbath, the story about the tunnel? wink.gif that one was cute.

there's all the books by irvine welsh, like ecstasy, trainspotting, the acid house, which aren't about clubbing, but i guess more drugs.

if you go to the book section of tower records, they have some pretty interesting books to check out.. have fun! wink.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty_cat.gif

i read a really good book - cant remember the name of it though. it was on the micheal alig story. it had to do with the limelight and clubbing back then. it was really good. i dont read books but i read it in 2 days.

------------------

~As long as you live and high you fly the smiles you give and tears you cry is all your life will ever be~

~Dream as if you will live forever, live like you will die tomorrow~ ~

* Life isn't measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

Originally posted by dreams2:

i read a really good book - cant remember the name of it though. it was on the micheal alig story. it had to do with the limelight and clubbing back then. it was really good. i dont read books but i read it in 2 days.

thats the book i was talkin about too ..

i dont read books ever so maybe i should go pick it up ... and maybe i'll grab the tunnel book too .... although a non-reader buying 2 books at once ... uggg ,, i dunno .. at least i could sit downa nd have a nice long chat with PG afterwards =)

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

disco bloodbath was about michael alig and the limelight not the tunnel. it's def a good book. i rememebr all those days at limelight and it was totally crazy reading about them. those guys were a fucked up bunch.

------------------

cop.gif

Im a little slow today i just switched to sanka so have a heart.

AOL J303J

Originally posted by j303j:

joeydollaz check pm's

ummm okay ...

btw - barnesandnoble.com has disco bloodbath in stock if anyone wanted to know .

and now go check your PM .. or e-mail me at

joe@digitalnoise.com

or check your PM then e-mail me ..

-jd

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

*Generation Ecstasy* is a pretty good book about the rave culture & techno music in NyC & other places....if you want to know about limelight (earlier days) you can see the sick documentary *Party Monster* in vhs video.....

-=*TrancEdkittEn*=-

=^..^=

------------------

white_kitty.gif

::::::Trancin' Is a Way Of Life::::::