Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who is sick of ......

Britney, Christina , Jessica and all other teeny bopping blond singers..

N'SYNC, BSB, 98 degress, LFO and all other boy bands.. made by Lou Pearlmann ?

WHEN WILL THIS TEENY BOPPING PHASE END ?

Oh - Who is sick of Carson Daly, Tara Reid + ALL the other TEENAGE actors ..

Julia Stiles ??? ...Save the Last Dance ? WTF ??

YOU KNOW - the media hires these people because they think they will appeal to American teenagers -but the truth is - I think it's fuckin LAME and It's time REcord/ Movie companies start putting out REAL ARTISTS with REal creativity and ..def. a lot more style.

WHAT do you think will happen in pop music in 2001 ? Will this teeny bopping thing go away ??

The only thing I like on MTV , the radio is ...NELLY !!!

Shimmy Shimmy CoCo Puff !!

Unfortunately it will NEVER go away! cwm31.gif

Everytime one grows up there's another on his/her heels.

Every generation has them, remember Debbie Gibson and Menudo cwm8.gif

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~

Originally posted by cathyo:

And, of course, New Kids on the Block

cwm1.gif

------------------

=)

Originally posted by cathyo:

Amen to that... N'Sync is the New Kids on the Block of today... lol

- Meli -

------------------

bubbles_06b.icobubbles_02.icobubbles_07.icobubbles_04.icobubbles_01.ico

"MeliChaCha -- Saving the world before bedtime... wait... I'm supposed to SLEEP?!"

"I've said it before and I'll say it again: Life moves pretty fast -- if you don't stop and look around every once in a while, you might miss it." - The incomparable Ferris Bueller

... and to all my people, "Peace -- and Humpty-ness forever!"

AIM: MeliChaCha

E-MAIL: MeliChaCha@powerpuff.com <--- new addy!

OR MeliChaCha@aol.com

Yeah that's it! I was trying to think of New Kids On The Block but couldn't remember their name. How about Shaun Cassidy in the 70's! I have to admit to loving him...when I was 5!

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~

I have to admit that I am tired of this round of the teeny bopper crazies. However my two God children are 5 and 7, I bought them the BS and BSB CD's for Xmas and they called me squealing on Xmas morning. If it makes them happy and I do not have to hear it, who really cares. Each generation has teen idols that we all loved, when we were young. smile.gif I used to jam Shaun Cassidy and sing and dance to his music. I used to think he was everything!

------------------

Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward.

There are way too many boy bands...they should take the best lookin & talented 1 from each group & concoct 1 group: Nick Carter from 98*, Kevin from Back Street Boys, AJ & Joey from N'Sync.

As for the young blonde cookie cutter type...britney, christina, jessica, mandy...all annoying & cheesey. The combo of britney's looks & dancing...w/christina's voice...WOW!

Originally posted by twilogoddess:

There are way too many boy bands...they should take the best lookin & talented 1 from each group & concoct 1 group: Nick Carter from 98*, Kevin from Back Street Boys, AJ & Joey from N'Sync.

As for the young blonde cookie cutter type...britney, christina, jessica, mandy...all annoying & cheesey. The combo of britney's looks & dancing...w/christina's voice...WOW!

Okay.. I must interject... Mind you, I base this all on what I've learned musically through the years... AJ has a voice, but Nick Carter is painful to listen to -- his nasal voice is often just under pitch and really annoying to anyone with a good ear or musical training. (BTW - I think you mean Nick Lachey from 98... Nick Carter is from BSB and he's pretty horrid... AJ is from BSB, not N*Sync... Joey you had right.) As far as most talented on N*Sync, dancing-wise I'd have to give it to Justin... vocally Justin's just a bit nasal (not as bad as Nick), and JC isn't bad. Britney I give credit to for her performing and dance skills (and she bought herself a nice set of knockers... lol), but vocally she's rather bad. Christina on the other hand has great vocal ability and potential.

Above all however, I think these people (however corny you may perceive them to be) deserve some miniscule amount of credit. They bust their asses up on stage almost every night, do a lot of rehearsal and whatnot... they do get a lot, but they also put a lot into it. Also remember exactly what they are -- I doubt these groups have much "staying power".. they're just dorky, good-time teeny-bopper music... nothing to be too frustrated about... just a flash in the pan.

We all went through that stage... if it wasn't New Kids or David Cassidy, it was a hair band of the 80's or something else... just be patient... and see that now you understand what your older siblings/ parents thought...

cwm9.gif - Meli - cwm9.gif

------------------

bubbles_06b.icobubbles_02.icobubbles_07.icobubbles_04.icobubbles_01.ico

"MeliChaCha -- Saving the world before bedtime... wait... I'm supposed to SLEEP?!"

"I've said it before and I'll say it again: Life moves pretty fast -- if you don't stop and look around every once in a while, you might miss it." - The incomparable Ferris Bueller

... and to all my people, "Peace -- and Humpty-ness forever!"

AIM: MeliChaCha

E-MAIL: MeliChaCha@powerpuff.com <--- new addy!

OR MeliChaCha@aol.com

pop music is something that is never going to go away. it just changes a little. i remember listening to vanilla ice and tiffany when i was little. all pop stars. i got to admit. i listen to all of that stuff on the radio and watch all the videos. it is catchy stuff which is what pop music is. popular music. btw, if all of the guys in these boy bands are so good looking . then why dont i get anything. all my friends say i look like joey from nsync. its not cool. let me get my fair share. cwm36.gif

peace out

gianni

------------------

AIM: GGFELLA4

EMAIL: iannuzzi4@yahoo.com

0200.gif

HOMER DANCING TO JOINTS!!!

Originally posted by apotheosis:

Its a standard money making cycle that will continue past our life times.

I remember Menudo singing that song on Saturday mornings "Do you like potatos" uck

That's exactly what it is... Who cares if thry have talent or not!?!? If they look good, and "America" loves it... fuck it! make an album that'll go platinum the first weeks and BAM.. ur set... Millionare like that!! *snaps fingers*

just a side effect of a high cunsuming- capitalistic- culture. cwm21.gifcwm10.gif

cwm28.gif

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

De Caracas para el mundo!! estedecaracas.jpg

YAAAAAAAAA, I TELL U WHEN SHIT IZ GONNA GET BETTA(MUSICALLY). EITHER WHEN THE ECONOMY TURNZ BAD OR WAR BREAKZ OUT. I'M MOSDEF FEELING THE TECHNO OUT RIGHT NOW, SO THATZ THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. IT WOULD BE NICE TO BE ABLE TO LISTEN TO THE RADIO THOUGH.

Originally posted by melichacha:

Okay.. I must interject... Mind you, I base this all on what I've learned musically through the years... AJ has a voice, but Nick Carter is painful to listen to -- his nasal voice is often just under pitch and really annoying to anyone with a good ear or musical training. (BTW - I think you mean Nick Lachey from 98... Nick Carter is from BSB and he's pretty horrid... AJ is from BSB, not N*Sync... Joey you had right.) As far as most talented on N*Sync, dancing-wise I'd have to give it to Justin... vocally Justin's just a bit nasal (not as bad as Nick), and JC isn't bad. Britney I give credit to for her performing and dance skills (and she bought herself a nice set of knockers... lol), but vocally she's rather bad. Christina on the other hand has great vocal ability and potential.

Yes I meant Nick Lachey from 98*... he's a hottie. I wrote AJ, I meant JC...he has the best voice of N'Sync & he's a good dancer. The blonde Pubic haired 1..(forgot his name) that's dating britney...he's too winey & nasal. (BTW I used to sing Opera professionally & playin piano for 10 yrs). My concept for 1 boy band is based on looks...it's a joke.

The only boy band I like is N'Sync, they sing & dance well...they have great stage presensence & make good videos...btw I think Joey from N'Sync is very cute!

Britney = great body! great dancer. Thats it.

Christina= great voice. That's it.

jessica/mandy = irritating as hell. That's it.

Boy bands? I have lil cousins that love them, they can stay.

I have to agree with twilogoddess, the only group that I can stomach is N*sync, they're good performers.

------------------

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77