Clubplanet Nightlife Community

no danny t on the 12th, Saeed and Palash playing vinyl

Originally posted by bassboy:

No pOOh! Why does Seb Fontaine suck? I haven't heard him before, but that was to be like my last night out before returning to college! HIs music is not hard enough? Is it too crowded? what is the dilly pOOh?

like shadowchaser said, he's pure cheese. actually, he has his moments within a set, but somehow the rat in him always goes for the cheeze. i cant even believe the h foundation got matched up with him. they play delicious house music. but if you're into oakie and pvd, seb will satisfy you every need...

------------------

chronic is the answer...

Originally posted by p00h:

like shadowchaser said, he's pure cheese. actually, he has his moments within a set, but somehow the rat in him always goes for the cheeze. i cant even believe the h foundation got matched up with him. they play delicious house music. but if you're into oakie and pvd, seb will satisfy you every need...

I'm confused...how can u compare him to PVD and Oakie, and then say he sux? You don't like them?

------------------

"Spontaneity is the key to spice in life"

"Music makes the world go 'round...so keep it spinnin!"

Originally posted by jewel44317:

I'm confused...how can u compare him to PVD and Oakie, and then say he sux? You don't like them?

yeah this is purely my opinion. if you're into pvd and oakie you'll enjoy seb a lot...

------------------

chronic is the answer...

yeah this is purely my opinion. if you're into pvd and oakie you'll enjoy seb a lot...

Wow, foolish me, I assumed everybody liked them. To each his own...but as an aside, I prefer to hear postive comments rather then negative. I mean, for someone who's never heard Seb Fontaine b/f (like that guy who's goin back to college), you could be stealing his thunder without meaning to. I know, I know, you're entitled to your opinions, but as momma used to say, "If u don't have anything nice to say, don't sayanything at all." Hope this doesn't offend u.

------------------

Originally posted by jewel44317:

Wow, foolish me, I assumed everybody liked them. To each his own...but as an aside, I prefer to hear postive comments rather then negative. I mean, for someone who's never heard Seb Fontaine b/f (like that guy who's goin back to college), you could be stealing his thunder without meaning to. I know, I know, you're entitled to your opinions, but as momma used to say, "If u don't have anything nice to say, don't sayanything at all." Hope this doesn't offend u.

no offense taken, but i dont live by that saying either. i like to voice my opinion, so people dont fall into the hype surrounding certain djs. only 1 way to know for yourself though, and thats to go and experience it, so have fun...

------------------

chronic is the answer...

no offense taken, but i dont live by that saying either. i like to voice my opinion, so people dont fall into the hype surrounding certain djs. only 1 way to know for yourself though, and thats to go and experience it, so have fun...

Eh, I don't live by that saying either. I think Seb Fontaine is excellent though, and I just wish everyone was as enthusiastic about seeing him as me...however, as far as difference of opinions, well that's what keeps it interesting, and just b/c your opinion is wrong, i can still appreciate it. (j/k).

cwm38.gifcwm38.gif

------------------

Wear your ear plugs if you go to Vinyl for Saeed & Palash. They're still unfamiliar with the setup. Redlining all the levels.

I'll be at Twilo to see my boys h-foundation dropping some phatt bombs!

IMO, HippE & Halo are top producers of 2000. Sure, along with John Creamer.

Saeed & Palash will open up for Deep Dish @ Twilo in February.

as I said yesterday......

"2) MOTHA! (Danny Tenaglia) has invited his boys back to VINYL!

Friday, January 12th, SAEED+PALASH spins all night long (8 hours)"

"5) Mark your calendar, On Feb. 16, 2001 THE D.C BOYS ARE TAKING OVER  

TWILO for the first time ever.  Our boys SAEED+PALASH are spinning

alongside hometown hero's DEEPDISH.  This will surely be a night to wreak

havoc.  Then Sunday Feb 18th marks the return of DANNY TENAGLIA to TWILO

along with CARL COX.  What a weekend to be in New York City."

You guys never saw S+D then...yea they had the levels bumpin, but Ive heard very few people take over during DT peak hour and keep it goin. DJ Vibe did it well too, but Saeed and Palash BANG it.... They are total DT heads as well. Listen to their music, everything they put out is off da hook... I have their latest two tracks in my latest mix on my web site if you guys wanna hear... Im looking forward to hearing them. In all the DJ's ive heard, they are up there with the best. They're one of the hot ticket remixers right now as well.

-Adam

------------------

House This! http://www.djadamf.com adam@djadamf.com

You guys never saw S+P then...yea they had the levels bumpin, but Ive played at vinyl too and let me say its EXTREMELY difficult to hear whats going on out there... Danny knows that system because he works it all the time, its hard to tell how your outside level is there, and that system has A LOT of power behind it. .......but Ive heard very few people take over during DT peak hour and keep it goin. DJ Vibe did it equally as well too, but Saeed and Palash BANG it.... They are total DT heads as well. Listen to their music, everything they put out is off da hook... I have their latest two tracks in my latest mix on my web site if you guys wanna hear... Im looking forward to hearing them. In all the DJ's ive heard, they are up there with the best. They're one of the hot ticket remixers right now as well.

-Adam

------------------

House This! http://www.djadamf.com adam@djadamf.com

pOOh,..

Thanks for your opinion, I apreciate it. I think that i am still going to check it out though, simply cause there is very little else to do that weekend. DT is not home, and around the rest of toen it is the same ol' shit..

Want to talk about cheese? When I go back to DC I will be forced to go see Micro for the first time at Buzz as soon as I arrive.. I am more concerned about that than this event...

Thanks for the help though. Hey, if you are going to be there earlier that night, is there a possibility that we could have a meet up? I am new to the board(obviously) but I am really curious as to some of the characters that troop this board.. let me know!-peace-eric

1st off, it totally blows that DT isn't at vinyl that night cause I can't go this week and those two other f'ers are there the 12th, so I won't get my fix for like 3 f'n weeks cwm21.gif I'm really not sure if I can make it. I'm shakin' already.

But, B2B, I can't really see any similarities between Oakie and Tong. I've never seen Tong live, but I've got the essential millenium and a few other of Tong's discs and it's almost straight house, a lil progressive I suppose. Maybe with all the vocals he uses maybe I can see a comparison, but I think they're pretty different otherwise. Tong just doesn't seem to fit with those others. What's the f'n diff. anyway though?

------------------

BACSig2.gif

i'm definitely down for h foundation. . . and i wanna see Saeed and Palash, but if they're goin' to be at Twilo with Deep Dish, who i haven't missed in QUITE some time. . . i can wait. . .

i mean, no offense, but after my Vinyl night, my ears were killin' me. . . can't do that too often. . . (in fact, that was the only thing WRONG with Vinyl. . . well, that and no alcohol. . .)

so i guess i'm listenin' to Seb. . . gotta give 'em one chance. . . cwm35.gif

------------------

women are my favorite drug. . . they're the ones that fuck you up the most!!

Originally posted by Nolimit:

Wear your ear plugs if you go to Vinyl for Saeed & Palash. They're still unfamiliar with the setup. Redlining all the levels.

I'll be at Twilo to see my boys h-foundation dropping some phatt bombs!

IMO, HippE & Halo are top producers of 2000. Sure, along with John Creamer.

Saeed & Palash will open up for Deep Dish @ Twilo in February.

H-Foundation is really overrated in my opinion. For me, its been more the quantity or their productions rather than the quality that has impressed me. I don't see what the big fuss is over...John Creamer and Stephane K were great this past year, but hardly anything they did was released. I think this year will be huge for them, they have remixes for Yoshitoshi, Star *69 and Hooj Choons coming soon.

Best producers in 2K for me were Rui DaSilva, 16b and Sander Kleinenberg. D, I KNOW you agree! LOL...lets get 16b and Sander to play in NYC already smile.gif

- Ali

------------------

This weeks gigs:

Friday - Julie Steven's baby shower

Saturday - Sound Factory 5th Floor

PM for guestlist