Clubplanet Nightlife Community

can someone please define the term "hooked up" for me??

Originally posted by ichi_gami:

NO! What do you think I am, some kind of ho?

cwm27.gif

seriously, it looks like more of a personal interpretation thing. Maybe that's why some people have issues with others, because things like this get blown out of proportion (ie one side takes it to mean MUCH more than the other.) That's the point you're trying to make?

where the hell is the dictionary on this one...

weeeelll, i'm not really trying to make any particular point. i just wanted to see if the, ahem, younger people on the board defined it any differently from me. see, obviously sin-sational refers to making out as hooking up. that's what i thought...just making out, maybe a little of fiddling, ha ha, but nothing serious.....i wanted to see how many people incorporate the fucking part into the term "hooking up"...but I also agree with what Divalicous said!!!!

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a snow bunny!!!

uknj@aol.com

Speaking for all the "Ancient ones" I can tell you what it USED to mean from it's origins in slang:

Hooked -- made some sort of connection...any connection. Whether legal,illegal, social, or otherwise.

It was also used in the same way you would use the term "Phat" these days. (That shit was Phat = that shit was Hooked)

Hooked-up -- meant that whatever was being referred to was "complete" or had all the good stuff and amenities of the day, it also meant that one or more people had established contact, and met. (His Ride was Hooked-up! -or- I Hooked-up with Da Man and scored some shit. -or- I Hooked-up with my HomeBoy last night and got ripped!).

Hook-up -- a connection to something (legal, illegal, or otherwise) as in "I got the Hook-up" (see the Movie starring Rapper Master-P <A HREF="http://us.imdb.com/Title?I+Got+the+Hook+Up+(1998)">here</A> )

Anyway, I think you can see how the term morphed into some sexual "connection" of today.

JMO and observation...I'm sure it's not complete. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anthropology-101.

cwm15.gif

One popular phrase is "I hooked up with her at....". This obviously just means to meet someone for a drink, dinner, etc.

With regards to sexual behavior, I think "hooked up" use to mean just making out (like when our parents were younger)....but I think through time it just came to mean "any action at all". Thus, when a person says they "hooked up" with someone (wink wink nudge nudge), we (as onlookers) have to ask for a definition of what they meant.

Make sense?!?!?!?!

cwm25.gifcwm6.gifcwm2.gifcwm29.gif

I'm as old as UKNJx and I have always conceived of 'hooked up' as kittie19 described it. Hell, i have to stop myself from asking if people want to 'hook-up' somewhere, sometime because I know it is very heavily laden with dual-meaning.

Xxlea: *You* are not old. "Granny", heh heh... good one.

------------------

"Buckle up"

-she knows who she is.

AOL IM: petrol01