Clubplanet Nightlife Community

a college student question (gpa)

they put your schedule together in a fucked up way?

or they put your schedule together and it interfered with your partying/free time/sleeping schedule?

HAHA - i'm not laughing at your grades - i feel your pain. i have been in your shoes, my friend. i'm guessing it was your first semester at school - that's when they make your schedule for you, now i'm pretty sure you can schedule all of your classes to start after noon.

good luck.

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

Ill tell you one thing..all it takes is work...put in loads of time and out come the results...i f'ed up my first semester at Georgia Tech with a 3.2....which is really really good for here (avg freshman gpa = 1.8) but still..i wanna do a lot better...its just not being lazy..thats all its about..

------------------

------

AIM:Turbo SC300

------

Well...you've probably realized by now that college isn't like high school, where you can slack off and still get good grades. Your GPA can be brought up though. In most cases it gets better every semester, esp. when some of the "thrill" of being in college & independent wears off. But you're going to have to work for it, no slacking or going out the night before a test wink.gif unless you're SURE you know the material. You might need help w/ your study skills, but I'm sure you'll do better this semester. Studying w/ people always helps.

Trust me I know, I'm in my LAST semester at Tulane! biggrin.gif

------------------

=)

hey im right there with you starscapone i too am on acedemic probation...its my second yr though and i just fucked off unbelievably so i got to get my act back together this semester dont worry aboutit.

------------------

Ravers don't fall...they trip and roll! hehe;)

Kandygirl guestlist for Exit for reduced admission pm me:)

it's ok!!! just make sure you don't get any Fs next semester, or two Ds. it's not that hard if you prioritize. i graduated... and my mom keeps telling me that i graduated from twilo and majored in dancing!!! hee hee. just set goals for yourself and reward yourself when you reach them. when i was writing my thesis, i made a deal with myself that i couldn't go to twilo unless i finished a chapter at the end of the month.

------------------

"There are people talking in sentences that have no punchline and they don't even care."

hey at my first semesterat Univ. of Delaware I got a 1.4 smile.gif then the next semester I got a 3.1 justto get me off Academic probation. After that Iproceeded to get 1.8 and 1.9's for the next 3 semesters.....BUt istill graduated witha 2.3 thanks to my easy ass senior year smile.gif

dont worry about it....just make sure yu pass the classes and get credit for them.

IMO college is notjust to learn from books it is to have fun, meet as many people as possible and learn how to become an adult.

Dont beat yourself up over this. It aint no biggie.

-A

------------------

And Everything Will Flow....Flow....Flow....

andy.gif

3.0 here.But don't really give a shit about school.Just want to pass my classes and get the fuck out already! Just do above a 2.5 and you'll be fine.It can't be that hard...I goof off constantly and still pull in decent grades...unless you're going to an Ivy League school.

i just got my grades i knew i didn't do too well but i think i'm on academic probation now! 1.93 cwm6.gif

i got 3 c's 1 b and a f .... what r my excuses i just slacked off and they put my schedule together so it was really wack, but i have a much better schedule for spring and hope to bring my gpa up to a 2.5 or better. cwm45.gifcwm30.gif

------------------

"your traveling to another dimension a dimension not only in sight and sound but of mind a journey into a wondrous land whos boundaries are that of imagination your next stop the twilight zone." athenalust@hotmail.com

I have a 2.9 and this is my 2nd semester Junior year. I would say I've done the minimal amount of work I have to do just to get by. If I put in those extra hours I'd probably do awesome, but I can never seem to just stay in and study.

Doesn't it always seem like when you start a new semester you set these weird aspirations for yourself and the upcoming semester. Like, I'm gonnna be organized! I'm not going out during the week! I'm going to actually DO the reading and keep up! Sure I am! cwm32.gif