Clubplanet Nightlife Community

****SOUND FACTORY AND EXIT REVIEW****

pglkm

I was just wondering how exit and s.f was last night. How was Exit with all those girls getting in for free? It must of been packed in there. I hope there was no undercover cop in there like last week..because that ruins the vibe of the night. I heard from my boys that Sound Factory was off the hook. JP rocked, and now with johnny V on fridays that place will be insane..when you guys wake up of course we would like to here the reviews of the clubs.....thanks...........

i just heard that sound factory was sick... i still wonder how exit was with all girls getting in free...and regarding the other post about JP not playing enough vocals..alot of people including myself love hard music and i understand alot of people also like vocals...so you can't please everybody..just because JP does not play enough vocals for you don't give us bullshit that he is not what he use to be..if i wanted to hear vocals all night i would take my girl to a whitney houston concert..i want to hear hard banging shit with just alittle vocals to break up..JP fucking rules....peace....

Originally posted by pglkm:

i just heard that sound factory was sick... i still wonder how exit was with all girls getting in free...and regarding the other post about JP not playing enough vocals..alot of people including myself love hard music and i understand alot of people also like vocals...so you can't please everybody..just because JP does not play enough vocals for you don't give us bullshit that he is not what he use to be..if i wanted to hear vocals all night i would take my girl to a whitney houston concert..i want to hear hard banging shit with just alittle vocals to break up..JP fucking rules....peace....

Ym ok, Well if i wanted to hear the same hard house beat FOR A FUCKING HOUR, I WOULD LISTEN TO A BROKEN RECORD! AND NO JP ISNT WHAT HE USE TO BE... and if you were such a jp fan you would agree, that hes not what he use to be.. every year or so he switches up his style.. he goes from hard house, to trancy house, to vocals.. and he just rotates it every year or so..

Maybe i'm wrong, Maybe jp is still the same dude I mean hes still the same dj.. Maybe i can blame this on the producers.. there not making music like they use to?

You say fuk me becasue i Like to hear vocals? What now everyone isn't entitled to there own opinion.. IF EVERYONE LIKE THE SAME EXACT MUSIC. AND HAD THE SAME TASTE IN DJS, THEN THERE WOULD ONLY BE ONE CLUB IN NY, WITH THE SAME DJ SPINNING ALL THE TIME.

When you go to certin places, you expect the music to be a certin way with a certin dj.. just like you said JV plays his hard house, and you expect him to play hard ass sets.. well wouldnt you be a lil mad if all he played were vocals?

Well i feel just the opposite with jp..

Like when i go to Sasha and digweed at twilo, i expect to hear amazing trance.

When i went to Hear DT at vinyl i expected to hear amazing tribaly house.

I go to hear jp in hopes to hear some long amazing VOCAL SETS, and songs with emotion..(and no it dont have to be vocal to have emotion)..

Thats just what i think.....

XOXOXOX MWWWWWWWAHZ

cwm15.gifcwm15.gifcwm13.gifcwm15.gifcwm15.gif

------------------

aim:LikmyLipz

lik.gifhttp://hometown.aol.com/lipzlipzlipz/LIPZ.html

Whatever i guess his style changed...changed for the better for me and the worse for you.. oh well life goes on....the place still cranks it in so he is doing something right...

love in the air no hard feelings just opinions babe....

i think you are being really closed minded "lick." It's silly to say that a DJ should play and stick to what he/she is known for. I went to the factory last night for the first time and I thought the music was really good. Yes I was expecting some vocal trance nonsense but it was refreshing to hear some good music, sans vocals. In the case of DT, yes he plays house the majority of the time but he also says, "I dont care what genre it is, if its good Im going to play it." I totally agree. What Peters was playing last night was good and I think he should keep it like that. If you want to hear vocals you should swing by Exit...Im sure they are still playing the same music I heard the last time I was there in August. Mel C anyone? cwm2.gif LOL

Queen E

------------------

~*Liz*~

~* conformity = disloyalty*~

Alien-05.gif

Well I never thought id live to see the day that I would defend JP, but after a year and a half of hearing him...and swearing never to return to SF after hearing him play the my love is your love acapella for a half hour straight... I went back Saturday and must admit I had a great time. I wish he'd slow down just a little to maybe the high 130's or something, but all in all his mixing was ON... and the drama and big room anthem stuff he seemed to play back in the day has matured somewhat into the more global sound. I mean I left around 6 and he started playing more progressive vocal type stuff, but he was dropping some techy/tribal stuff from hell...reminded me of the 'boots on the run'/'estoril' days... His mixing was first rate and after hearing him work some great acapellas such as the wayne g 'lets get twisted' acapella over some SICK techy/trancey track, i must say I was impressed. For anyone to go to a club and expect to hear a DJ "play his sound" is so wrong in my opinion.... Im a total vinyl head and the one thing i expect from danny every week is the unexpected...danny changes up his style constantly, always playing new different sounds... thats what makes vinyl so special and most people dont understand this. Do I like 145bpm progressive trance??? Its not me, but the vibe in factory works, i.e. the sound, the people, the music, etc... How Rachel found me in there is a wonder of science fiction.... smile.gif Hey!!!

Adam

------------------

House This! http://www.djadamf.com adam@djadamf.com

Well said..You guys hit it right on the nose..I go to vinyl once in awhile and danny is real good..but he is not hard enough for me.. but I still have a great time there...but just because he is not hard enough for me does not mean he sucks..everybody has different styles and diferent taste in music.. for me JP takes me on journy and fucking rocks the house..if you don't like JP don't go to the factory...I also remember awhile ago people on this board were saying that JP plays too much vocals..wow you just can't make everybody happy can you..i'm glad i am not a dj..i just hope JP stays the way he is right now but then again that is what makes a great dj..one that changes it up...

Originally posted by LikmyLipz:

Ym ok, Well if i wanted to hear the same hard house beat FOR A FUCKING HOUR, I WOULD LISTEN TO A BROKEN RECORD! AND NO JP ISNT WHAT HE USE TO BE... and if you were such a jp fan you would agree, that hes not what he use to be.. every year or so he switches up his style.. he goes from hard house, to trancy house, to vocals.. and he just rotates it every year or so..

Maybe i'm wrong, Maybe jp is still the same dude I mean hes still the same dj.. Maybe i can blame this on the producers.. there not making music like they use to?

You say fuk me becasue i Like to hear vocals? What now everyone isn't entitled to there own opinion.. IF EVERYONE LIKE THE SAME EXACT MUSIC. AND HAD THE SAME TASTE IN DJS, THEN THERE WOULD ONLY BE ONE CLUB IN NY, WITH THE SAME DJ SPINNING ALL THE TIME.

When you go to certin places, you expect the music to be a certin way with a certin dj.. just like you said JV plays his hard house, and you expect him to play hard ass sets.. well wouldnt you be a lil mad if all he played were vocals?

Well i feel just the opposite with jp..

Like when i go to Sasha and digweed at twilo, i expect to hear amazing trance.

When i went to Hear DT at vinyl i expected to hear amazing tribaly house.

I go to hear jp in hopes to hear some long amazing VOCAL SETS, and songs with emotion..(and no it dont have to be vocal to have emotion)..

Thats just what i think.....

XOXOXOX MWWWWWWWAHZ

i think i luv you girl, LOL wink.gif . . . you're great!

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Originally posted by brandie:

i think i luv you girl, LOL wink.gif . . . you're great!

luv,

brandie

Thanks sweetie! XOXOXO MWWWWAH.. sorry to everyone for being so fucking bitchy.. I just miss my old factory.. and as for the rep on going to exit to hear vocals.. if i wanted to hear Mel C i wouldnt travel all the way to the city for that.. there are 100 long island clubs out here that are playing all the tunes that jp played a year ago. He just had his amazing way of laying a vocal out, and with the trans. dancers puttin on there shows to the songs. and the vibe was amazing. For example i walked on the dance floor for my first time lastnight around 3am ish.. I was groped about 4 times and some random dude grabbed me and tryed to shove his tongue down my throat.. It was never like this b4.... I dont go to the clubs to hook up.. i go to hear the music... Dont get me wrong i love hard music, but hes very repetive, and i enjoyed that alot with the vocals, but not with the hard ass house!

Sorry for being so moody and sounding like such a cunt.. XOXOXO MWWWWWAHZ

~LiPz~

------------------

I don't know much about music, but I had a great time, left at 3pm and JP was still going at it.

I personally think he fucked up 2 songs, NO I don't know the names, mysteriousss will proberbly post it, but one song was like at 4am and the other was at around 1am. I persoanlly didn't like all the songs what he played after 12pm, but I had fun for Lucies party and Zoya's b-day party.

oh, and I don't feel well today... was proberbly the CK yellow... biggrin.gif

------------------

ani_twee.giftweety1.gif

Originally posted by rachel1997:

I don't know much about music, but I had a great time, left at 3pm and JP was still going at it.

I personally think he fucked up 2 songs, NO I don't know the names, mysteriousss will proberbly post it, but one song was like at 4am and the other was at around 1am. I persoanlly didn't like all the songs what he played after 12pm, but I had fun for Lucies party and Zoya's b-day party.

oh, and I don't feel well today... was proberbly the CK yellow... biggrin.gif

lol you had a yellow ck? i would have did anything for that..

------------------

Tell me about it ...

JP boggles my mind sometimes, I can't believe he played that Spiller beat for like 45mins (around 6:30 - 7ish)It was a total crowd killer ... Then i was shocked to hear him play Futureshock's - Sparc (slamming track)around 4:40ish ...

But anyway,

overall SF rocks, JP rocks & the SF people rock ...

Haters & Non-believers please wakeup & recognize

------------------

"Without sounding pretentious i don't view what i do as djin'....i look at it as makin' soundscapes with the music and the energy .....the clubs, and the people in the clubs (myself included) are the canvas.....let's paint!"

SF people use to rock.. The crowd at sound factory sucks now... either the drugs are not as good, or the people have become very rude and nasty... Either way, the crowd sucks, dont get me wrong theres alot of nice sweet friendly great people there, but good luck finding them, or being lucky to bump into one....

------------------

e-mail:LikmyLipz@aol.com

lik.gif <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://hometown.aol.com/lipzlipzlipz/LIPZ.html" TARGET=_blank&gt;http://hometown.aol.com/lipzlipzlipz/LIPZ.html</A>

LIKMYLIPZ,

With an attitude like that,

I can see why you feel that way ...

Ain't a dam thing changed ...

p.s. - is LIKMYLIPZ your napster screenname,

If so why must you delete me everytime, i try to d'load something from you ?

FRANKIE_PEP = DOC-ROK-A-LOT

------------------

"Without sounding pretentious i don't view what i do as djin'....i look at it as makin' soundscapes with the music and the energy .....the clubs, and the people in the clubs (myself included) are the canvas.....let's paint!"

I went to EXIT for the first time on Friday and I loved it. The DJ on the main floor rocked the house. He played some good hard house all night. I was wondering if S.F has the same atmosphere as Exit? One thing i didn't like about Exit is that is was jam packed with people, which if fine, but there were a lot of people on the dance floor not dancing. They were just standing there. If your not feeling the music the Dj is spitting out then step off the floor. Is exit always that crowded? How is S.F compared to Exit?

[This message has been edited by clunedoge (edited 01-15-2001).]

Originally posted by frankie_pep:

LIKMYLIPZ,

With an attitude like that,

I can see why you feel that way ...

Ain't a dam thing changed ...

p.s. - is LIKMYLIPZ your napster screenname,

If so why must you delete me everytime, i try to d'load something from you ?

FRANKIE_PEP = DOC-ROK-A-LOT

congrats that you know my napster name... its also my aol screen name... and i have an attitude because alot of people in sound factory are rude and arrogant???

------------------

lik.gif <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://hometown.aol.com/lipzlipzlipz/LIPZ.html" TARGET=_blank&gt;http://hometown.aol.com/lipzlipzlipz/LIPZ.html</A>

Originally posted by LikmyLipz:

IF EVERYONE LIKE THE SAME EXACT MUSIC. AND HAD THE SAME TASTE IN DJS, THEN THERE WOULD ONLY BE ONE CLUB IN NY, WITH THE SAME DJ SPINNING ALL THE TIME.

Where can I drop off a demo tape??

cwm41.gif

------------------

Upcoming Gigs...

Fri Dec 29th - Sequoia (South Street Seaport)

Sun Dec 31st - The Tribeca Rooftop

(www.tribec.com)

Email-DJSuhel@aol.com

AIM - DJSuhel

Kill them with niceness, Likmylips. If they still act rude they are worth wasting another thought on. Don't let it spin you out, just say "well, ba bye"

------------------

"They know what is what, but they don't know what is what ... They just strut. What the fuck?" -FBS

I'm Feeling "Drunk as a Monk"

Reliving all phases of an "Out of Body Experience"

Originally posted by chrissybumps:

Hey likmylipz/// you are crazy for liking those ck yellows...they are loaded with DXM and thats why everyone was getting sick and couldnt sleep or eat for days!!!! Must have some sort of chemical imbalance maybe...Did you really like those??

Actually they were tested and came back meth.. I LOVED THEM.. ANYTHING SPEEDY! allthough i dont sniff anything but a *bump* or 2 of k.... Allthough i have had pills that were all DXM like the (shaped) stars, and i liked them alot.. IM A FREAK! but i plan on taking off of the drugs (ecstasy) untill my 21st bday.. i dont consider k a drug.. lol its FDA approved!

hahahahaha

XOXOXO MWWWWWAHZ

~LiPz~

------------------

Hey, whats up ClunedogE!!!! I too went to Exit on Friday night and it was so fucking packed that it wa hard to enjoy myself. Dont get me wrong, the music was pumping but I too couldnt get on the dance floor because of people that were standing there thumbs up their asses. Is Exit always that crowded? There must have been around 4000 people there, and nowhere to chill out. One other thing, maybe its because I was so messed and there were so many people there, but I couldnt find my way around at all. cwm3.gif I spent most of the night trying to get back up to the hip-hop room so I could get a breather, and I couldnt find it!! Overall, I really liked the layout of the place, just keep the occupancy down to 3000 or less, much less.......