Clubplanet Nightlife Community

EXIT's Racial Discrimination...anyone else experience this?

Has anyone else been turned away from EXIT or any other niteclub based on their ethnicity? Is that legal? This past Saturday, the door staff refused to let Asians in based solely on their race. We were on line and heard the doorman say, "We're not letting in any more Asians inside, there's enough of you's in there."

He went on to explain there were cops inside and the club doesn't want to get shut down because Asian guys were dealing inside.

Would that mean if a white person was caught dealing inside, that the club would ban all white people from going inside?!?

Now i've been at EXIT almost weekly and to experience this is a real shame. You would think that in 2001, people would be more respectful of different cultures.

Could anyone tell me if there are laws out there that prohibit clubs from doing this?

Peace

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am not surprised. i admit, asians roll into clubs hooked up with the most money, the most drugs, the most everything, so i could see why there could be drama surrounding asians.

however, WTF? just b/c a few asians cause mad drama, that doesn't mean all asians will. shit, you see all the muscleheads starting beef, but are ALL the muscleheads not allowed to get into a club? this is just plain stupidity and ignorance.

i must say, the same goes for twilo. i always see asian kids getting kicked off the line. i always get paranoid, but eh-- hasn't happened yet. wink.gif

you know, i could just see the asian-bashers on this board LOVING this thread. go ahead, start cheering you fuckin imbeciles.

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty_cat.gif

Originally posted by peaceonearth:

Has anyone else been turned away from EXIT or any other niteclub based on their ethnicity? Is that legal? This past Saturday, the door staff refused to let Asians in based solely on their race. We were on line and heard the doorman say, "We're not letting in any more Asians inside, there's enough of you's in there."

He went on to explain there were cops inside and the club doesn't want to get shut down because Asian guys were dealing inside.

Would that mean if a white person was caught dealing inside, that the club would ban all white people from going inside?!?

Now i've been at EXIT almost weekly and to experience this is a real shame. You would think that in 2001, people would be more respectful of different cultures.

Could anyone tell me if there are laws out there that prohibit clubs from doing this?

Peace

look sweetie.....just take it str8 to the drama board cause that is what you r looking for...ist obvious......and its really annoying......

...ughhhhhhhhh ...some people cwm25.gif

------------------

"I don't want you to love me........"

FIRST OFF, LET ME START OFF BY SAYING THAT IM ASIAN. PEACE.....WHO GIVES A FUCK IF YOU DIDNT GET IN THAT ONE NIGHT. EXITS GOT SHITTY MGMT BUT IM SURE THEYVE GOT THEIR REASONS FOR NOT LETTING YOU IN THAT NIGHT. DONT BE BITTER. YOURE NOT MAD THAT YOU COULDNT GET FUCKED UP THAT NIGHT ARE YA?? BESIDES, EXITS STOCK IS WAAAAAAAAY DOWNTOWN THESE DAYS.......THERES PLENTY OF OTHER GOOD CLUBS IN THE CITY. STOP W THE RACIAL SHIT. NOONE GIVES A SHIT ANYMORE. WERE ALL DRUGGIES IN PURSUIT OF THE SAME THING =P.

Originally posted by parkie:

FIRST OFF, LET ME START OFF BY SAYING THAT IM ASIAN. PEACE.....WHO GIVES A FUCK IF YOU DIDNT GET IN THAT ONE NIGHT. EXITS GOT SHITTY MGMT BUT IM SURE THEYVE GOT THEIR REASONS FOR NOT LETTING YOU IN THAT NIGHT. DONT BE BITTER. YOURE NOT MAD THAT YOU COULDNT GET FUCKED UP THAT NIGHT ARE YA?? BESIDES, EXITS STOCK IS WAAAAAAAAY DOWNTOWN THESE DAYS.......THERES PLENTY OF OTHER GOOD CLUBS IN THE CITY. STOP W THE RACIAL SHIT. NOONE GIVES A SHIT ANYMORE. WERE ALL DRUGGIES IN PURSUIT OF THE SAME THING =P.

don't get mad at this person....he/she is just look for some drama smile.gif ...just look at the screen name...and its his/her 1st post...I'm sure they didn't say anything like that at the door....... smile.gif

------------------

Thats pretty fucked up that Exit is being selective due to race. I'm not Asia, but its fucking 2001! I don't think that fact that your Asian, a musclehead, etc indiactes that your automatically gonna cause trouble inside the club. Its your personailty not your race.

People forget that this is how the Holocaust started.

Originally posted by risa06:

look sweetie.....just take it str8 to the drama board cause that is what you r looking for...ist obvious......and its really annoying......

...ughhhhhhhhh ...some people cwm25.gif

What makes you think that this person posted this just to cause drama?? Why - I wouldn't be surprised if ANY club is selective upon race. Hey, peaceonearth - next time take a tape recorder. If you tape anyhting like that...you can probably sue their asses. Or at the very least give it to the media and fuck them up! Grrrr...fuckin racial discrimination in this day and age.

And risa, by just blowing this off as "drama" you inadvertantly contribute to it!!

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

Originally posted by raver_mania:

What makes you think that this person posted this just to cause drama?? Why - I wouldn't be surprised if ANY club is selective upon race. Hey, peaceonearth - next time take a tape recorder. If you tape anyhting like that...you can probably sue their asses. Or at the very least give it to the media and fuck them up! Grrrr...fuckin racial discrimination in this day and age.

And risa, by just blowing this off as "drama" you inadvertantly contribute to it!!

to me...this person is here for drama (look at the screen name and # of posts)......sorry if what I think matters to you that much............there were alot of asians at Exit that night......and everyone of them looked like they were having a great time..........

peace..............

------------------

doesn't sound like drama to me - not sure why you think so risa? almost the only people i see turned away at twilo are asian so i'd be inclined to say there's racism there too. it's too bad it's so endemic in nyc.

------------------

* i love sex always and forever *

and they tell me that women grow on trees

and if you catch them right they will land upon their knees

Originally posted by filthy_slag:

doesn't sound like drama to me - not sure why you think so risa? almost the only people i see turned away at twilo are asian so i'd be inclined to say there's racism there too. it's too bad it's so endemic in nyc.

Same here i didn't see drama. Yeh there ARE laws against this kind of thing... It's proving it though.

Hey Filth it's not just endemic in NYC, it's bad in Chicago as well. So much Racial tension in America.. everybody i know say the same thing. Shame.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

I can STILL resist ANYTHING but temptation.

bsb2.GIF

Originally posted by filthy_slag:

you know what.......may be I think so cause I never saw anyone get turned away at Exit (and I'm there every Sat) b/c of their race...may be b/c of the way they dressed.....and I also see who comes to Exit every Sat..........but you might be right......may be I just don't want to bel. that...cause would be really fucked up if they really did turn people away b/c of their race...................................

------------------

Originally posted by peaceonearth:

...Could anyone tell me if there are laws out there that prohibit clubs from doing this?

Peace

Although I'm not a lawyer...I doubt it. Because Exit is a private establishment, they can keep anyone out based on any criteria (i.e. race, physical appearance, clothes). This is no different than the Palm Beach Country Club not letting Jews become members.

------------------

translucent_figure.gif

Originally posted by translucent:

Although I'm not a lawyer...I doubt it. Because Exit is a private establishment, they can keep anyone out based on any criteria (i.e. race, physical appearance, clothes). This is no different than the Palm Beach Country Club not letting Jews become members.

Amm, yea...They definetely cannot do that. Private establishments can keep people out, but not based on race, gender, etc. Thats definetely illegal, and thats why no Country club has something like that as their official policy (BTW: Palm Beach is the one place that has plenty of Jews in their Country club/that entire area is very jewish). Exit can turn people away at the door, and they do just as all clubs, but not for being asian, gay, etc., that's discrimination and they can get sued for that(although I think Exit is so connected they are almost untouchable).

It is fucked up that they did that, especially because asians have become a landmark in Exit right by the vip/tables area on the main floor.

Originally posted by nycetouch:

...(BTW: Palm Beach is the one place that has plenty of Jews in their Country club/that entire area is very jewish)...

LOL! I agree that Palm Beach has plenty of Jews in their country clubs...I'm referring to "The Palm Beach Country Club" which has a long standing policy of ONLY allowing Gentiles to join. Ask about it on the Miami board if you don't believe me.

------------------

translucent_figure.gif

don't get mad at this person....he/she is just look for some drama smile.gif ...just look at the screen name...and its his/her 1st post...I'm sure they didn't say anything like that at the door....... smile.gif

Actually what the person who started the thread is sayin is true because I was at the front of the line on sat after waiting outside for like 40 minutes with my boys..which 5 of them are asian and they tried to pull that shit with them..Before they got in after some caoxing one of our friends came up to them and told them they werent letting any asians in ..but he flashed his badge at the door because hes a Queens D.A. and they were gonna let him in after that but he told them he didnt want to give the club his money if they were going to just let him in cause he is an attorney..they told them that there was a private party inside and they had to be selective at the door..which was bullshit..they have been doing this for a while on Exit..pretty much on Friday nights..now its starting on Saturdays too...

Just wanted to let u all know

------------------

I keep tellin Drugs I don't want them..but they don't listen

Originally posted by kitty19:

you see all the muscleheads starting beef, but are ALL the muscleheads not allowed to get into a club? this is just plain stupidity and ignorance.

I've been going to SF for over 3 years...and I assume this is the kind of place that YOU would consider to be frequented by your so-called "muscleheads"...FYI...in the 3+ years I've been going there...I've seen MAYBE ONE scuffle...so, WTF are you talking about...so much for trying to bust down one sterotype with another.

cwm25.gif

------------------

"The world is a better place because of those who refuse to believe they can't

fly."

dragon_pipe_e0.gif

to me...this person is here for drama (look at the screen name and # of posts)......sorry if what I think matters to you that much............there were alot of asians at Exit that night......and everyone of them looked like they were having a great time..........

peace..............

Risa, you are totally right about this person just wanting to start drama....the screename and number of posts tells that this person is definitely an IMPOSTER....

well it goes both ways, they dont let certain races in , just like they dont let girls in , too many ,or guys in too many. Clubs have to have certain ratios in, yeah its not fair, but the whole damn world isnt fair, too much racist, greed, etc.

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

Here's the skinny,

first off, my post was not intended to induce drama on the board...heaven knows we all have much better things to do. Yes this was my first post. I never bothered posting b4 simply because i never wanted to contribute to all the drama in the first place.

What i said in my initial statement was true, not hearsay, not speculation,not BS. I'm not secretly plotting to shut down EXIT or any club for that matter.

As i stated b4, i've been there many times, dressed properly, no jeans, no boots, i know the routine.

If the doorstaff is practicing racial profiling based on the Asians=Drugs theory, then most Asians would be getting kicked out when being searched. We all get searched thoroughly just like everyone else.I don't carry weapons or do drugs, never had a problem while searched.

The purpose of this post was to voice my experience and raise awareness to the fact that this hatred and bigotry is being practiced at a nightclub, of all places...here in NYC, the most diverse city in the world!

This should be alarming regardless of your ethnicity or religion. I welcome all the negative and positive comments made. Thats what sets the United States apart...Freedom.

Peace

Originally posted by glowsticks:

Actually what the person who started the thread is sayin is true because I was at the front of the line on sat after waiting outside for like 40 minutes with my boys..which 5 of them are asian and they tried to pull that shit with them..Before they got in after some caoxing one of our friends came up to them and told them they werent letting any asians in ..but he flashed his badge at the door because hes a Queens D.A. and they were gonna let him in after that but he told them he didnt want to give the club his money if they were going to just let him in cause he is an attorney..they told them that there was a private party inside and they had to be selective at the door..which was bullshit..they have been doing this for a while on Exit..pretty much on Friday nights..now its starting on Saturdays too...

Just wanted to let u all know

reeeeeeally......wow.....thats sad

------------------