Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what is wrong with the clubscene these days?

see what I mean! amatures like this chick have ruined it all

------------------

"Because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing but BURN, BURN, BURN." - Jack Kerouac

The whole worlds attitude is changing. And you can only really see the effects in places where people openly socialize. If this trend keeps up were headed for hell in and handbasket... but hey I'll just buy a gun and shoot any fucker that messes with me in 50 years! biggrin.gif

//sariman

------------------

P eace

L ove

U nity

R espect

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today!" -- James Dean

I think that, over time, the mystique and magic of going out clubbing fades. It's like when you get your first set of wheels. Driving around everywhere with your friends is such a rush, and you probably did some crazy shit with your car (you know--intentional spinouts, drag races, etc.). But you probably don't get any thrill at all when you drive now, unless you just bought yourself a fat ass sports car. But clearly, it takes a lot more to excite you now. It's the same with clubbing.

I think the great thing about the New York club scene is that there is a scene for just about every type of clubber out there. The scene that you like hasn't disappeared...it may just take a bit more looking than it used to, since your expectations are far more refined than they used to be.

Peace,

David Christopher

------------------

Get into Cheetah for only $5! Visit www.headrushmusic.com for more details.

Original beats: Visit www.mp3.com/headrushmusic to hear my tracks.

Pooter's Trance Shack and Moonshine Distillery: The fattest radio station on the web is at www.mp3.com/stations/pooter and we're open to your submissions!

Originally posted by dbilas:

I think that, over time, the mystique and magic of going out clubbing fades. It's like when you get your first set of wheels. Driving around everywhere with your friends is such a rush, and you probably did some crazy shit with your car (you know--intentional spinouts, drag races, etc.). But you probably don't get any thrill at all when you drive now, unless you just bought yourself a fat ass sports car. But clearly, it takes a lot more to excite you now. It's the same with clubbing.

I think the great thing about the New York club scene is that there is a scene for just about every type of clubber out there. The scene that you like hasn't disappeared...it may just take a bit more looking than it used to, since your expectations are far more refined than they used to be.

Peace,

David Christopher

good answer.......I couldn't have said it better.......

Mikey

------------------

"The silent dog is the first to bite..." - me

Originally posted by edpostal:

I remember it being a lot more fun..

I remember nights being adventures..

I remember a feeling that whole club was one big party..

I feel bad for clubbers today..

what has changed?

The Club Scene hasn't changed . . . you have. It's the same for everyone that's been clubbing for a while. Our mentality change and so does the perception of the club scene. What we tolerated and didn't bother us when we first started gets on our nerves now. It's the same all over the place. It's called "JADED". cwm1.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"The only abnormality is the incapacity to love." - Anais Nin

BlueAngellogo.jpg

Originally posted by blueangel:

The Club Scene hasn't changed . . . you have. .... It's called "JADED". cwm1.gif

BlueAngel

Agreed...plus the fact that you younger/faster clubbers of the new Millenium are demanding something more than just Big Massive Dark Rooms with Thundering Sound Systems -- i.e. you want some type of "Show" or event to accompany the experience.

------------------

"Those who know, don't tell. Those who tell, don't know."

I totally agree with everyone. Five years ago when you started clubbing someone else was saying the same thing, "it's different now." I agree that people's attitudes are changing and all that, but the scene was nuts is nuts and always will be nuts, within a relative contex of time!!

I think Blueangel nailed it "the scene hasn't changed, you have"

Your just getting older, shit happens cwm31.gif

------------------

A bag of KB's, $60

A glass bowl, $85

A lighter, $ 1

GETTING HIGH, PRICELESS!!

Blueangel,

Hmm, that's food for thought I suppose. I do think the "scene" has changed in certain ways though. I don't see the originality there once was (think Disco 2000 and Arena parties). There used to be a greater harmony between different groups of ppl. Who knows, i keep thinking the scene is getting younger and younger but i forget (selectively? lol) that I'm just getting older. ugh...

deedz

cwm9.gifcwm7.gif

Originally posted by deedlez:

Blueangel,

Hmm, that's food for thought I suppose. I do think the "scene" has changed in certain ways though. I don't see the originality there once was (think Disco 2000 and Arena parties). There used to be a greater harmony between different groups of ppl. Who knows, i keep thinking the scene is getting younger and younger but i forget (selectively? lol) that I'm just getting older. ugh...

deedz

cwm9.gifcwm7.gif

Trust me I know what you mean! I would go to Twilo and be like, "Holy shit! That girl doesn't look a day older than 15!!" Then I remember that I was 15 when I first started venturing out toward Underground and Paladium. Hehe.

And the greater harmoney that you speak of is there for the younger kids. The kiddies that are getting into it. The harmoney is definately there for them. The only reason why it's not there for us is because we've developed the club skeptism. It's natural.

BlueAngel

------------------

"The only abnormality is the incapacity to love." - Anais Nin

BlueAngellogo.jpg

I do think that, back in the days, everybody you were partying with was passionate about the music.

I remember having to leave my usuall group of freinds and go out with people i hardly knew. I had to make a split from my usuall group to get into it. It also wasn't as easy to find places, i had to travel at first, avoid the police sometimes etc. People had to make sacrafices back then.

I think avoiding the police thing at the age i was @, made it MORE fun.

Everything is a little more fun when it is still a counter-culture, today it's part of the norm.

But i keep away from the things that i think are contributing to a degridation of the quality of music & party.

Overcrowding

Bad door management

Circuit DJ's

Judge Jules

Kernkraft 400

UK Hard House

People who carn't handle their drugs.

The A-list

Club Tours

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

I can STILL resist ANYTHING but temptation.

bsb2.GIF

Well i must agree with both opinions on this,

that whoever has been doing this more than 3 or 4 years the scene might seem to repetitive for them and boring because its not as new anyone as it was when you were starting out making it less exciting. ALso, getting older doesnt help.

However, on a different note the scene did change A LOT. I started going out like 4 or 5 years ago to paledium and limelight. Man, hearing the load pumping music and everyone dancing freerly was awesome. ALso the older ppl back the were a lot more friendlier to the younger ones ( at least from my experience).

Now these days, in the last year or 2, i am assuming that the main reason for half of the ppl in club, go out just because of the drugs. I mean how common was E back in the early 90's, compared to every little teen and their monthers knowing about it now?

ANd back then the whole house and techno music only played in the underground scene such as clubs, and not on the radio. So ppl who went out, were into the music or were involved in that underground culture.

I mean these days you hear club music in like most of the cars that cars driving operated by teens and early 20's. Just a few years ago, probably the same ppl were driving around and playing rap in their cars.

Well these are just my opinions so don't lynch me now.

Rad_