Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How the f***k do I burn an mp3 on a cd

Originally posted by pickles16:

I just got an external burner, and i can't download mp3s on my cds...it keeps giving me a message "buffer underrun"...if anyone knows why what i should do..please email me at pickles16@aol.com.

Thanks

first do you want mp3 files on the cd or wav files . . .

if you want it saved as an mp3 file i suggest you put all the ones you want in a folder and then save the folder on the cd . . .

it's like saving it on any other medium, ie floppy, zip disk, hard drive, cd . . .

------------------

Life is too short to be small.

Originally posted by peeps:

i pretty sure you have to convert the mp3 to wav format

then you can burn it

Nope, you only have to do that if you want to have a regular AUDIO cd. ...you may want to burn MP3's onto CD because they don't take much space ...you could probably fit at least a 50 of them on one disk. Some newer audio cd players play MP3's these days

------------------

signature.gif

Pickles,

Go to www.musicmatch.com and download it.

and use the options button in musicmatch

the go to file---->convert. All of your mp3's will be lined up and you highlight the ones that you want to convert. from Mp3 to Wav. It takes a few seconds to convert each song.

ps. after you convert them they take up alot more room on your computer. so turn them back into mp3's.

peace, love, double stacked zorros.

All good points, but they've got nothing to do with your buffer underrun. What's that means, in most cases, is that your system can't keep up with the CD burning process. You need to slow your burning down to 4x or 2x and/or get more ram. If your drive is external, how is it connected? SCSI? USB? Also, most CD burning programs will automatically convert your MP3s to CD audio when you burn them on a CD, if you want a disc you can play in any audio CD player.

[This message has been edited by editor (edited 01-18-2001).]

What it looks like you are doing is using that DirectCD thing to download it straight to the CD! That's a no-no! You've got to download it to the hard drive, then pick it. As long as you have it installed, use that Easy CD Creator program (It comes with almost every burner). Go through the wizard for audio cd's and it'll allow you to pick all the tracks you want for the CD. Then click and that's it. It's really not that bad, and there's no need for any of that WAV stuff anymore.

Originally posted by editor:

All good points, but they've got nothing to do with your buffer underrun. What's that means, in most cases, is that your system can't keep up with the CD burning process. You need to slow your burning down to 4x or 2x and/or get more ram. If your drive is external, how is it connected? SCSI? USB? Also, most CD burning programs will automatically convert your MP3s to CD audio when you burn them on a CD, if you want a disc you can play in any audio CD player.

[This message has been edited by editor (edited 01-18-2001).]

that's why you have colorful stars . . .

------------------

Life is too short to be small.