Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why do people lie ?

I just found out someone I considered a dear friend of mine has been lying to me for 4 years.

HE LIED TO ME ABOUT HIS BIRTHDAY. That doesn't make any sense. Why would he do that ?

Couple years ago I even bought him an expensive present for his birthday . I call him every year to wish him Happy Bday ! And today I find out his birthdate is something else.

Maybe he doesn't want to be real true friends w/ me. He should've just said so instead of lying to me about it.

I'm deeply hurt and shocked. I cared about him enough to call him, buy him presents and etc.

I thought he cared about me because he "acted" so nice and sincere to me.

Why do people act like they're yourfriends when they don't give a shit about you ?

What's strange is ...why the hell would anyone lie about when their birhtday is ?

[This message has been edited by dolcemimi (edited 01-18-2001).]

i think perhaps you're asking two different questions: why do people lie in general[?], and why would someone lie about something so trivial[?].

maybe, just maybe, this person really is your friend but was only lying about his birthday. some people are just really freaky about birthdays. just today, for instance, i asked a co-worker what his b'day is ('cause i found a really great present for him but i'm broke and can't really afford to get him presents twice), and he wouldn't tell me when it is because, he said with a very solemn face, "i never celebrate it." i also had a friend who, whenever i called him to wish him a happy birthday, always forgot that it was his birthday.

birthdays don't mean as much to some people as they might to you or me. so just maybe this lie isn't really something that your friend thought much of. try to talk through this, since it seems as though you really care for him.

I'm not sure if this post is a joke or not coz the situation IS pretty fucked up. But if it is.. Liars SUCK, but on the other hand, it's not like he lied about anything important! Maybe he just didn't want ppl to make a big deal out of it and sing him the Happy Birthday song and give him all that attention. Wierd.. But then again, I'd be worried coz if a person lies once, they might lie again and again, and next time it might not be so insignificant.. I guess it depends on your relationship with him..

Originally posted by zeenon53:

that is somwthing strange to lie about, i just got cought in a lie with my girlfriend about doing E, i told he that i stopped, oops, she flipped out on me cwm35.gifcwm24.gifcwm35.gifcwm24.gif

You shouldn't lie about drugs. If you do them great, but don't lie about it. It will make matters worse! And if she doesn't accept what you do, she probably never will!

cwm35.gif

Originally posted by bratnik:

Well he gave her a fake birth date and accepted the expensive gifts she got him. That is strange.

But she'd get him those gifts anyway! Just on a different day smile.gif Maybe the first year he really wanted a present so he lied about it to get the presents sooner.. This is so silly LOL..

who cares if he lied about his birthday? I mean, he was obviously born on one day or the other so it doesn't really matter what he said it was now does it? You're going to have to get him a present anyway...so who cares what day you give it to him?

in general people usually lie in attempt to protect someone, but usually in the long run it backfires and someone ends up getting more hurt.. some people just lie for no reason, its a bad disorder they have, they lie becasue there trying to impress others around them.

------------------

aim:LikmyLipz

e-mail:LikmyLipz@aol.com

lik.gif
/>http://hometown.aol.com/lipzlipzlipz/LIPZ.html

I wouldn't think about it too much either. Maybe he just lied the first time you asked him (for whatever reason) and then he got so embarrassed doing it that he just stuck to the story. You should just ask him why he did it...and ok, it isn't right and you would think that a real friend would just come out freely...but then, maybe he didn't want to hurt your feeling by telling you that he lied at the beginning and hence didn't tell you later on...doesn't that prove that he cares about you as a friend??!!??

------------------

an1701.gif

Hey what's up Keshiki .

I like your "f*ck off imposter" message. I was going to return the hate w/ hate but

I decided not to. I will not give into a cursing mode. It's pretty childish.

ANYWAYS - I'm hurt becasue now , I feel like I have no idea who he is. He's now some stranger I spent a lot of money on !!

I feel like I tricked by some con man .

ppl that lie are stupid!!!!!

ppl that lie are bad ppl!

Unless its done for a good reason!!!

------------------

Hi! How ya doing? where ya been, I had thoughts of you all night long.

Can't describe what you did, but you got me so!

Aolimer: Glowgirl42000

Email: Sugar4@earthlink.net