Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JOHNNY VICIOUS AT SF LAST NIGHT!!!

karch

JV just exploded!!!! When he came on I think it was around 1:30am. That opening track, that just ripped it up, right from the start! He tore that shit up. I think it was like 3:30-4am. He played, "I'm everyone woman". I'm like whaaaa.. After that it was sick again. And after that the crowd got better on the dance floor. They had a better understanding for the music.

I don't think JV held back that much. But I think he did get too hard for the SF crowd a little late. Usually that's the case for Exit and SF. I'm thinking at the Tunnel the vibe was better. But at SF he himself was just as good. Definately going to SF every month to hear him.

------------------

*Did you find your ecstacy?*

E-mail: PrimeKMB2@aol.com

AIM: PrimeKMB2

Originally posted by karch:

JV just exploded!!!! When he came on I think it was around 1:30am. That opening track, that just ripped it up, right from the start! He tore that shit up. I think it was like 3:30-4am. He played, "I'm everyone woman". I'm like whaaaa.. After that it was sick again. And after that the crowd got better on the dance floor. They had a better understanding for the music.

I don't think JV held back that much. But I think he did get too hard for the SF crowd a little late. Usually that's the case for Exit and SF. I'm thinking at the Tunnel the vibe was better. But at SF he himself was just as good. Definately going to SF every month to hear him.

from the looks of reviews, seems as if he in fact did play pretty hard. i'll definetly be heading down soon

so he didn't come on til 130? who opened? and did he spin til close? or did luv and lodi come on? b/c from what i remember last time he was there he started the nite out, spun til 3 and luv and lodi spun til close

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

I actually went to SF to hear JV spin to see if he was any diff then the tunnel.

Well all i gotto say that he did hold back some.

It was wierd cuz he sometimes played really hard shit for 2 or 3 songs then he interrupted it with a "Im every woman song", and my energy went down (however a lot of probably regular SF friday heads enjoyed it).

The mix was good but putting something like that in the middle of a hard set wasnt the same as the tunnel.

SO in summary, in my opinion, he did play more for the crowd. But i guess he has a tendency of doing that when he travels and spins for different types crowd in various clubs.

I dont know how it is on a regular friday night but i did seem to notice a lot of ppl just standing around the dance floor and not even trying to dance frown.gif

Rad_

Originally posted by Rad_Z:

I actually went to SF to hear JV spin to see if he was any diff then the tunnel.

Well all i gotto say that he did hold back some.

It was wierd cuz he sometimes played really hard shit for 2 or 3 songs then he interrupted it with a "Im every woman song", and my energy went down (however a lot of probably regular SF friday heads enjoyed it).

The mix was good but putting something like that in the middle of a hard set wasnt the same as the tunnel.

SO in summary, in my opinion, he did play more for the crowd. But i guess he has a tendency of doing that when he travels and spins for different types crowd in various clubs.

I dont know how it is on a regular friday night but i did seem to notice a lot of ppl just standing around the dance floor and not even trying to dance frown.gif

Rad_

always like that at factory

yea i knew he wouldnt' play quite as hard b/c it was factory and that track is one that would NOT be played at tunnel

i'll still go see him b/c even when he tones it down i still like it. never heard a set that i disliked

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

JV played until closing...which was maybe 7:30...little early for my taste, but its cool...he was absolutly nuts the entire night...one thing i didnt understand was how he got very hard and got everyone dancing...then playing 2 straight hours of nothing but vocals...i mean i expected a little smoother transition...but whateva, i aint letting one thing like that mess up my night...JV was awesome!!!

------------------

"ID, Please."

AOL: Highmay9

Napster: Jayme

"Fire...wire."

Why did JV play "I'm every woman"?? I think he might of done that to clear out the dance floor a little bit cause after that, the vibe got better, people had a more understanding for the music. But yeah Rad_Z was right. There were people standing around on the dance. But I don't think JV held back that much. He was still hard as hell. Just that one half hour where he played "I'm every woman" Still though like I said before it wasn't as good as the vibe when he spinned at the Tunnel. But it was better then I expected it to be.

JV started at around 1:30 and then went all night. I don't know who it was that opened the night before him.

------------------

*Did you find your ecstacy?*

E-mail: PrimeKMB2@aol.com

AIM: PrimeKMB2

well, now that i know he spun the whole nite i will *definetly* be hitting factory up next time he's there biggrin.gif

-Rob

------------------

hmr3.gif

cwm21.gif

well, i beg to differ, i didnt think he moved the crowd the way he has the potiental to do so, "im every woman" was diff hitting a brick wall into the vibe, anyone else got caught in the middle of that short fight around 330ish in the main dance floor?

if jv spun until close im def gonna have to check him out next month,the people were probally standing around cause they didnt expect to hear such intense tracks, well ill be there next time, glad to hear the good reviews

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

well you guys have to remember that he has only a monthly residency at shack, so obviously management isnt just goin to pay him for two hours...theyre smarter than that...and yeah, that fight was idiotic to begin with...too much drama sometimes, it never makes sense to me...

------------------

"ID, Please."

AOL: Highmay9

Napster: Jayme

"Fire...wire."

Originally posted by highmay:

well you guys have to remember that he has only a monthly residency at shack, so obviously management isnt just goin to pay him for two hours...theyre smarter than that...and yeah, that fight was idiotic to begin with...too much drama sometimes, it never makes sense to me...

what does that have to do w/ anything??

last time he was there he only spun til 3 and luv and lodi spun after hours

-Rob

------------------

hmr3.gif