Clubplanet Nightlife Community

**IMPORTANT Slideshow: Your E Questions Answered!

Hey everyone. I was cruising around the DanceSafe website (excellent site by the way) and came across a slideshow about ecstacy and how it works. It gets kind of technical but many of your questions may get answered (ie. Prozac w/E, depression afterwards, nerotoxicity, etc...)

Check it out but make sure you've got your concentration caps on...it gets very technical.

2 important things I got out of it were:

a. If you take Vitamin C after rolling, you may be able to prevent cell damage (which does happen every time you roll btw).

b. Stores such as GNC may sell an amino acid called "tryptophan" which gets converted to seratonin. Your seratonin gets depleted after rolling...takes up to 2 weeks to come back...Tryptophan can help speed that up. (FYI: Tryptophan is in food too--Turkey meat has it and it is the chemical that causes you to be tired on Thanksgiving after eating a lot of turkey).

Here is the link to the slideshow: http://dancesafe.org/slideshow/slide1.html

Here is a the link to the DanceSafe website: http://www.dancesafe.org

Let me know what you think.

------------------

Peace,Love & Hairgrease,

Rich Suede

mylight.gif

Originally posted by suedenyc:

b. Stores such as GNC may sell an amino acid called "tryptophan" which gets converted to seratonin. Your seratonin gets depleted after rolling...takes up to 2 weeks to come back...Tryptophan can help speed that up.

to help things along, the tryptophan that is present in food is converted in your body to a compound called 5-Hydroxy-Tryptophan, better known as 5-HTP (sound familiar?). this supplement, which is also available at nutrition shops, is ten times more active than L-Tryptophan and is the immediate precursor to serotonin. basically, with 5-HTP, you're saving a step on the path back to brain health.

cwm15.gif

------------------

-dusk til dawn-

Skeleton-22.gif

"You take the blue pill: Capsule-02.gif

The story ends, you wake up in your bed, and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill: Capsule-03.gif

You stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes..."

-Morpheus

Originally posted by knightcrawler:

to help things along, the tryptophan that is present in food is converted in your body to a compound called 5-Hydroxy-Tryptophan, better known as 5-HTP (sound familiar?). this supplement, which is also available at nutrition shops, is ten times more active than L-Tryptophan and is the immediate precursor to serotonin. basically, with 5-HTP, you're saving a step on the path back to brain health.

cwm15.gif

And to help that even further along it does not good to take 5-HTP if your diet doesn't have enough Vitamines B6 and C. As for Tryptophan... it was taken off the market a few years ago and is just now starting to show back up... but 5-HTP is a better alternative anyway.

If you don't like pills... your just as well off Drinking a LARGE glass of milk and eating a TURKEY sandwich the next. Milk, Turkey, and Banannas are high in natural tryptophan.

//sariman

------------------

clubplanet_sig.gif

Originally posted by knightcrawler:

cwm15.gif

[/quote

how often do you have to take 5HTP? do you take more after you roll? how many mg a day you have to take? thank you. smile.gif

------------------

GrowingSunFlower.gif

"follow your personal legend"

Originally posted by orchid21:

how often do you have to take 5HTP? do you take more after you roll? how many mg a day you have to take? thank you. smile.gif

since the serotonin replenishment process can take between 1-2 weeks to complete, that would be the time period during which you could help with 5-HTP supplementation. however, if you are a regular user (more than once per two week period), than it may benefit you to make it part of your daily regimen.

the entire replenishment is a steady, day-to-day process, so if you are receiving regular amounts of 5-HTP, then it is generally not necessary to take additional amounts after a session.

current recommended dosage amounts range between 150-300 mg per day (body-size dependent). it should be taken on an empty stomach, and spaced throughout the day in-between meals and before sleep.

not to forget sariman's point, taking a daily multi-vitamin/mineral supplement will go a long way towards overall health. biggrin.gif

------------------

-dusk til dawn-

Skeleton-22.gif

The story ends, you wake up in your bed, and believe whatever you want to believe.

-Morpheus

Be careful taking 5htp on an empty stomach. I agree with the suggestion of between meals. I took it first thing in the morning with some OJ and then got the cold sweats and almost passed out on the bus on my way to work. Happened on 2 different occasions (had to trst my theory) so just be careful. May be better to take an hour or so after you eat b'fast. However this and Vitamin C have staved (is that a word?) off 'e'pression on more than one occassion, i.e. helped to more quickly replenish my seratonin!

Originally posted by armada:

Be careful taking 5htp on an empty stomach.

5-HTP has been reported to cause upset stomach in some individuals, therefore it may benefit some to wait until consuming the first meal of the day. the most effective wait time is 3 hours after, or 45 mins. before a regular meal, as other foods can compete with 5-HTP for protein assimilation in the body. also, new users to 5-HTP should start out with lower dosages; if no discomfort shows, you can increase slowly each week until your desired dosage is reached.

cwm15.gif

------------------

-dusk til dawn-

Skeleton-22.gif

-Morpheus

• 6 years later...