Clubplanet Nightlife Community

looking for best clubs and djs

Hey all. I just started hitting the clubs this past August and loved it so far. I have been to Exit, Sound Factory, and Limelight. Any recommendations on other places to go or names of the best djs. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

------------------

I'm going to a pretty place where the flowers grow...I'll be back in an hour or so. Ecstasy is god!

I'd definitely suggest checking out Twilo.

Perhaps show up at one of the meetups folks on this board plan and get some suggestions there as well.

DJs I'd recommend checking out:

Danny Howells (yep still have him on the brain)

Danny Tenaglia

Carl Cox

Deep Dish

Junior Vasquez

Sasha & Digweed.

have fun! And welcome to the insanity!

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"Solitude gives birth to the original in us, beauty unfamiliar and perilous - to poetry." - Thomas Mann

thanks guys. I will check out one of those meetings when I get back from college in New Orleans. Any more recommendations will be further appreciated. Thanks in advance

------------------

I'm going to a pretty place where the flowers grow...I'll be back in an hour or so. Ecstasy is god!

Guest crystalmethodny

New Orleans?! smile.gif

Do you go to Club 735 on Bourbon Street? That little crappy place? smile.gif

Also check out in NYC

Centro Fly

Cream

Chaos

Cheetah

Just a ton of clubs to go! Only you yourself can pick the vibe or style you like best.

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

"I think of you, how I used to do on Sunday Afternoons."

www.extremegroove.com

Originally posted by ooana:

I'd definitely suggest checking out Twilo.

Perhaps show up at one of the meetups folks on this board plan and get some suggestions there as well.

DJs I'd recommend checking out:

Danny Howells (yep still have him on the brain)

Danny Tenaglia

Carl Cox

Deep Dish

Junior Vasquez

Sasha & Digweed.

have fun! And welcome to the insanity!

-Oo

Ooana, you forgot Paul Van Dyke!

cwm12.gif

------------------

GrowingSunFlower.gif

"follow your personal legend"

TTTTTTTTWWWWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

WITHOUT A DOUBT, TWILO IS THE #1 SPOT...ONCE YOU GO, AND YOU FEEL THAT VIBE....YOU WILL WANT TO GO EVERY FRIDAY, TOO GOOD TO PASS UP!

-Al

------------------

-----"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

-----"THE BOWL OF FREEDOM IS KICKED! THE BOWL OF FREEDOM IS KICKED!" Melissa of the NJ ChaCha's

-----"Please hand me that box of Moose from the glove compartment" a Very stoned Veronica Strata

lovepeacetwilo.jpg

twilo.jpg

twilo is the answer... best djs in the world.

personally, my favorite is paul van dyk. he spins bi-monthly, the next time being feb. 9th. other awesome djs there are:

sasha and digweed

carl cox

steve lawler

deep dish

danny tenaglia

anthony pappa

danny howells

etc., etc., etc.

------------------

calvinan.gif

"Strangers are just friends waiting to happen." - Old Sage Twilo

I agree with everybody else Twilo is cool if you don't mind be locked in a closet left to die. Your better off just staying with the clubs you named,but when summer comes take the jersey parkway south to exit 82 if you want to be part of the best vibe in clubland.

Only one word - Twilo...hey, after all they do get some of the best DJs in the world, one of the best sound systems in the world, awesome lighting, krygonefix system, and the best vibe by far (you should see the energy of the crowd)!

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

wow. u must be taking to much ghb down at temps to even think that that shithole of a club can even be compared to twilo. when u start getting a clue on music down come and talk to me. as for now now go listen to denny cheetos or whatver his name is and get a freekin clue !!!!!!!

------------------

0524a.gif

IM LIKE JIMMY WALKER, DYNAMITE!!!!!!

AOL J303J

Originally posted by tempkid:

I agree with everybody else Twilo is cool if you don't mind be locked in a closet left to die. Your better off just staying with the clubs you named,but when summer comes take the jersey parkway south to exit 82 if you want to be part of the best vibe in clubland.

you've got to be fuckin' kidding me?! why go there? so i can be surrounded by a bunch of juiceheads looking for fights? or is it to listen to some wannabe dj mixning in backstreet boys with "OOOooooooOOOOOh OOOOOOooooooOOOOOh Oh, Oh, Oh Oh Oh!" let's see... shitty music, shitty crowd, shitty dj... yeah, i wanna be there cwm8.gif

remember, you threw the first stone...

------------------

calvinan.gif

Yup...I do go to the SHITTY 735, but where else can I go in New Orleans while I am here at Tulane. Anyways, thanks for all the advice. I will check out Twilo.

------------------

Originally posted by cuteboobie:

I LOVE PVD...havent seen him in ages though...is he even better now that he used to be?

PVD is the bomb cwm4.gif PVD has taken over as top crowd attracter at twilo, prolly b/c he is only there once every 2 months rather than S&D's monthly residency. also, i think pvds style may have a broader appeal (high energy and uplifting trance). he was awesome last time he was there in nov. don't get me wrong, i love s&d as well (in fact i've seen them 4X more than pvd)... for their mixing, journey, dark trance, etc. either way, they are all awesome, especially when you're at their level (pinnacle of djing). which one you like better depends on preference. a tough choice, but pvd for me cwm30.gif

you can get his letest live sets on tranceaddict.com. listen for yourself. i strongly recommend is live set from home.

just mo cwm35.gif

------------------

calvinan.gif

Originally posted by j303j:

wow. u must be taking to much ghb down at temps to even think that that shithole of a club can even be compared to twilo. when u start getting a clue on music down come and talk to me. as for now now go listen to denny cheetos or whatver his name is and get a freekin clue !!!!!!!

Grrrr.. I agree that Twilo is a great club but I just HATE attitudes like yours.. If a person does not like Twilo, that means that they don't have a clue about music??????? I'm not trying to start drama, but I'm just sick of ppl saying that anyone who doesn't like Twilo is clueless! It's just simply not true. There is NO one club that's for EVERYBODY.. If it was, it would be the ONLY club in the city. I love Twilo for my own reasons, but still, it bothers me when ppl say that whoever doesn't like it (for whatever reasons) they are clueless and know nothing about music! It's all a matter of opinion.... Grrrrrrr you got me mad smile.gif

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

Grrrr.. I agree that Twilo is a great club but I just HATE attitudes like yours.. If a person does not like Twilo, that means that they don't have a clue about music??????? I'm not trying to start drama, but I'm just sick of ppl saying that anyone who doesn't like Twilo is clueless! It's just simply not true. There is NO one club that's for EVERYBODY.. If it was, it would be the ONLY club in the city. I love Twilo for my own reasons, but still, it bothers me when ppl say that whoever doesn't like it (for whatever reasons) they are clueless and know nothing about music! It's all a matter of opinion.... Grrrrrrr you got me mad smile.gif

Mysteriousss...you get mad on this subject soooo easily!! OF COURSE, we both know that Twilo is THE BEST club there is...and anyone who thinks otherwise is TOTALLY clueless and WACK!! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

just kidding!

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

mysteriousss i have been to the club he is referring to before and it is horrible. i shoudl have said any club just not twilo is better then that place. if you havent ever been to temps go check it out. it pretty sad axcuse for a club. so im not saying twilo is or isnt the best club out there but it's a hell of aot better then that disgrace in sleazeside.

------------------

0524a.gif

IM LIKE JIMMY WALKER, DYNAMITE!!!!!!

AOL J303J

Hey asshole I've been to more clubs than anybody in this board in Jersey ant NYC. And reagardless I have a great time at any club because I'm not an insecure little pathetic bitch like you. So I don't go to clubs and say oh look at those juiceheads (who may not also be on juice lets face it there everywhere even twilo)how pathetic look at them dance and have a good time. You probaly went to tempts once and had a bad expereince or got beat up by a so called steriotype name you give them juicehead. Out of all the clubs I go to I feel in my opinion that Tempts has the best energy and vibe just like the way you feel about Twilo. I only been to Twilo twice and that was last year. I really didn't like it but I still had a good time and did not cry the whole time about the crowd and sterotyping them as juiceheads,ghb drinkers,fagget ravers with glowsticks,x heads.

Oh ya whats wrong with somebody looking good and takeing care of there body I do and yes I do have some friends that juice and friends who don't that look better then the one's that do. I think it is unfair for them to be giving a label like that.

And if you really got a problem with me lets meet up were both adults and live in north jersey. I'LL KICK YOUR FUCKING ASS SO BAD YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO STEP FOOT INTO TWILO.

Hey Twinkledick....I mean Tempkid....

Do I sense some sort of rage building there....I mean you do take care of your body and all. I am not insinuating RoidRage or anything, but Kid, man watch the temper.

------------------

JDogg

AIM: JDoggNY2000

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur."

11icon.gif

so much for giving this girl helpful info about nyc clubs! common kids, lets all settle down and not fight.

Abuglio: I suggest checking out the dj lineup of the major clubs for yourself, checking out the dj's work on napster and finally checking out the club for yourself.

And please dont ever ask which clubs are the best again! You see what we are dealing with here.

cwm30.gif

Originally posted by tempkid:

Hey asshole I've been to more clubs than anybody in this board in Jersey ant NYC. And reagardless I have a great time at any club because I'm not an insecure little pathetic bitch like you. So I don't go to clubs and say oh look at those juiceheads (who may not also be on juice lets face it there everywhere even twilo)how pathetic look at them dance and have a good time. You probaly went to tempts once and had a bad expereince or got beat up by a so called steriotype name you give them juicehead. Out of all the clubs I go to I feel in my opinion that Tempts has the best energy and vibe just like the way you feel about Twilo. I only been to Twilo twice and that was last year. I really didn't like it but I still had a good time and did not cry the whole time about the crowd and sterotyping them as juiceheads,ghb drinkers,fagget ravers with glowsticks,x heads.

Oh ya whats wrong with somebody looking good and takeing care of there body I do and yes I do have some friends that juice and friends who don't that look better then the one's that do. I think it is unfair for them to be giving a label like that.

And if you really got a problem with me lets meet up were both adults and live in north jersey. I'LL KICK YOUR FUCKING ASS SO BAD YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO STEP FOOT INTO TWILO.

blah, blah, blah... nope, never had a bad experience at tempts. nor any other club for that matter. looks like you can criticize other places, but then when someone throws back at you some criticism back at your fav. club, you can't take it cwm13.gif

i find you pathetic. typical reaction from one that would go to temptations. yes, i am an adult and i've grown out fighting... seems to me you haven't. i will however, fight in self defense... so if i ever run into you, just know that a round house kick is coming your way... remember, i warned you first b4 you get bitch slappped. it's very interesting to see responses from tempation supporters like yourself... uncontrolled anger and hate.

like i said, you're the one who started hating first, not me. read the posts, yours included. all of my original posts did not start with "tempts sucks" or anything like that. you started the twilo bashing... so take your fucking incoherent hypocritical ass out of my face you dumb 2 bit ho. cwm8.gifcwm8.gifcwm8.gif

------------------

calvinan.gif