Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is Junior Vasquez still good at least on gay nights for Chrissake's?

OK so I think he blows now, compared to the magic he used to spin. He was unmatched.

Then he got real moody, depending on "the crowd" and "the fish" and "the night" and "the coke"

I was really disappointed when the Diva cancelled his Central Park gig, but I guess the stars were not aligned properly that night.

But one thing was FOR SURE...he would be incredible for special gay events i.e gay pride.

Does he still manage to wake himself out of his crap coma and turn it out, or should I give up on him entirely, and remain disgusted and disappointed?

Word has it that he's been going through a really tough time right now with some very personal issues. I hear it has effected him on every level, including his work/spinning.

Hopefully things will get better.

------------------

Peace,Love & Hairgrease,

Rich Suede

mylight.gif

His mom passed away last saturday, and he still played Saturday night. He put a lot of energy and emotion into his mix, and I have to say until around 10 when I left he was definitely on. There was no distracting him, it was Junior his music and his crowd - the rest of the world did not exist. When you get him on a night like that, he can really blow your mind.

(NO, I don't wish anyone's mother dead just so they lay down a tight set.)

ichi

------------------

Administrative Signature:

Admin1.gifAdmin2.gifAdmin3.gifAdmin4.gifAdmin5.gif

As far as I know there's always SOMETHING "drama" yada yada related, that fuels a junior party...always something going on.....or at least a bunch of gayboys that read into it that way...

Like any other dj, he's going to have his on and off nights....i remember when i used to go hear him religiously... how like any other dj, peters/tenaglia/ even pvd..there were nights where you'd say..."damn...what was up with that?"...Junior's parties are definately very different than any other vibe....all depends on how u look at it..

One man's paint spill is another man's artwork....... If Jonathan looped something for 5 minutes we'd get annoyed...if Junior does it.."oh work junior!".... once again...all depends on how u look at it....

jsc

Originally posted by dirtyslapper:

I thought he was utter pants and a large pile of toss last time I saw him. wouldn't bother going again.

See? This is why I'm driving to DC with my mates to this slapper's flat. Brilliant.

I have went to Twilo at all hours, and it was the same old crap.

No buildup no bass no drums, no rythym, Just repetitive, horrible kazoo crap.

Originally posted by cazz926:

I have went to Twilo at all hours, and it was the same old crap.

No buildup no bass no drums, no rythym, Just repetitive, horrible kazoo crap.

I beg to differ, I'm not one to toot Junior's horn in any way but it's far from the bum playing the kazoo alarm clock's boiling machine's throwing up cliche that you're talking about. No builds, no drums, no rhymthm?.. what do u like to hear anyway....i'm not a huge fan of him but I will challenge that statement with no reservation.

jsc

cwm30.gif

version w/out the typos smile.gif..

I beg to differ, I'm not one to toot Junior's horn in any way but it's far from the bum playing the kazoo, alarm clocks boiling, machines throwing up cliche that

you're talking about. No builds, no drums, no rhythm?.. what do u like to hear anyway....i'm not a huge fan of him but I will challenge that statement with no reservation.

jsc

cwm30.gif

Listen alls I'm saying is that the times I have heard him recently was SUCH a difference from the JR I know and loved.

I have heard him spin and create and magic. When I had went last year, I heard CRAP.

There was no trademark buildup that gave me tingles, and what he spun sounded like garbage. I know that people who worshipped him like I did will be with me on this one.

In his prime, he was revolutionary. Now he's crap.

Originally posted by anthonyp:

My freind actually went to hear Junior about 10:00 am and left about 2:00 pm and he said he was unstoppable..

I second that...

Cazz...please explain why you think he blows now? When, what times and where have you been listening to him?

------------------

eye.gif

MarioNY.com

AOL:ZOMBLA