Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Please - LimeLight/Twilo advise for a fellow clubber visiting from LA

Hi Everyone!

My name is Mick. I live in LA, and am new to clubplanet.com. I’m taking my first trip to New York City in the beginning of February, specifically timed around a couple events there… and I was wondering if anyone could give me some info/advise.

First… GateCrasher at LimeLight on Friday the 2nd. I CAN’T miss this event. I’m a HUGE GateCrasher fanatic… and them visiting, is why I picked this time period. (God knows it isn’t for the weather there this time of year… hahaha) On top of that, one of my faves, LA trance DJ Christopher Lawrence will be there the same night. That combo is going to be SO kick-ass fun!

Second… Paul Van Dyk at Twilo on Friday the 9th. I LOVE PVD, and have heard nothing but “you HAVE to go to Twilo while in NYCâ€. So its cool that he’s there the same time as me.

Anyway, my questions are…

What time should I arrive at each event? I usually like arriving early… that way I see all the djs, hopefully avoid lines as much as possible, and I for sure get in.

Also, are there any presales to either event?

And last, I know I can put myself on some sort of list through clubplanet.com… but have never used it before. How well does it work?

I’m sure I’ll manage just fine on my own… but if I can, I’d like to get a bit of a heads up on things.

Please, email me at TranceKyd@yahoo.com if you know any of this info, or have any other general advise for this 1st-timer to the big apple!

Thanks a lot! See ya on the dancefloor!

Mick

Originally posted by trancekyd:

Hi Everyone!

My name is Mick. I live in LA, and am new to clubplanet.com. I’m taking my first trip to New York City in the beginning of February, specifically timed around a couple events there… and I was wondering if anyone could give me some info/advise.

First… GateCrasher at LimeLight on Friday the 2nd. I CAN’T miss this event. I’m a HUGE GateCrasher fanatic… and them visiting, is why I picked this time period. (God knows it isn’t for the weather there this time of year… hahaha) On top of that, one of my faves, LA trance DJ Christopher Lawrence will be there the same night. That combo is going to be SO kick-ass fun!

Second… Paul Van Dyk at Twilo on Friday the 9th. I LOVE PVD, and have heard nothing but “you HAVE to go to Twilo while in NYC”. So its cool that he’s there the same time as me.

Anyway, my questions are…

What time should I arrive at each event? I usually like arriving early… that way I see all the djs, hopefully avoid lines as much as possible, and I for sure get in.

Also, are there any presales to either event?

And last, I know I can put myself on some sort of list through clubplanet.com… but have never used it before. How well does it work?

I’m sure I’ll manage just fine on my own… but if I can, I’d like to get a bit of a heads up on things.

Please, email me at TranceKyd@yahoo.com if you know any of this info, or have any other general advise for this 1st-timer to the big apple!

Thanks a lot! See ya on the dancefloor!

Mick

diego, (nolimit) has a <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> for twilo. try to get in contact with him. i think the parties at LL end around 6ish, so earlier the better. twilo goes till 8-9, so get there whenever. the lines are horrible for pvd, but since it's winter, they move them a little better. pvd nights are jam packed, all night, until about an hour left in his set. since this is your first time, i'd say get their early rather than later, so you can check out the joints, get acquainted. plus, there is always a large clubplanet meet-up for these parties, so you can meet and chill with some of us. no worries, we'll show you nyc is cracked up to what everybody says!