Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Official, help me, my car sucks in the snow thread

You know another good car for spinnin in the snow is the old VW rabbits believe it or not... They were FWD, but the weight ditribution made for all kinds of spinny fun, it'd even do the e-brake turn in rain...

Although not all FWD car do well in the snow either. I had a Chrysler Laser (last time I will buy American cars...) and it was absolutely atrocious in the snow (even with chains).

cwm30.gif

------------------

spark.gif

Hugh

a.k.a. ibhugh, Bryan Adams

email: ibhugh@yahoo.com

aolim: hugesk8r

9805t.gif

bridgestone blizzak tires + eclipse turbo = hours of fun for the entire family! (batteries not included)

------------------

-dusk til dawn-

Skeleton-22.gif

"You take the blue pill: Capsule-02.gif

The story ends, you wake up in your bed, and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill: Capsule-03.gif

You stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes..."

-Morpheus

Originally posted by matta:

just remember to keep it in a low gear. If snow is really bad heavy use of the hand brake can cause a lot of your passengers to "shit it" and i have found it to be fun.

Matt

LOL, I've been known to yank it a time or two on a nice deserted powdery street!

I'm such a tomboy cwm32.gif

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

I'll join this club. I have a '95 Formula (like a Tran Am) and she's a bitch in the snow. Althought my traction control makes her somewhat manageable. I have have a manual.

------------------

Hey sugar mama come and dance with me, the smartest thing you ever did was take a chance on me!!!

advice for IS300 owners:

Do NOT use the traction control.

Do NOT use the "Snow" button.

The only way I got around was spinnin my way through.

With the ABS and traction control (which does NOT allow your wheels to spin) works GREAT in normal weather, but when the road's slippery, it actually prevents you from moving.

Now my front wheel drive '92 Dodge you ask?

so good I have a song:

sing to "Dashing threw the snow..."

"BAshing threw the snow

in my 92 Dodge VAn...

Front wheel driven everywhere:

so i dont really care!"

com'mon kids! lets hear it

------------------

I "AM" DJ Mike D'R.

spell it right!

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Rear wheel drive cars are bad in the snow.. BMW sugest you get snow tyres... nobody does though.

Take care smile.gif

Yes.. they sure as hell do... and I have TCS-traction control... and it still doesnt really help... just prevents me from getting into an accident... but doesnt help the performance...

------------------

You only get ONE chance to make a "First Impression"

There could be 30" and I still keep my car. Not driving one of those big ass SUV. Plus my car was built for the summer. Ttops off put her in 6 and just keep rolling.

------------------

Hey sugar mama come and dance with me, the smartest thing you ever did was take a chance on me!!!

Hey, I actually made it! My 1/2 hour commute home took 2 hrs. but, here I am.

What's worse than being in the RIGHT lane doing 40 in a 65 (cause anything more will KILL you) and some f'ing jackoff is behind you with the highbeams flashing! You have 2 lanes to pass you fucking tool! Ooooooooo, if the roads were only dry ROAD RAGE ROAD RAGE!!

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

Haha.. I'll challenge you on that.. Mustang GT - the worst... Too light, with too powerful of an engine, very light ass, very heavy front, rear wheel drive...

Yeah i hear that, my sis has a Stang ... it's just as bad as my Lex ... Any sports car basically sux in the snow ...

------------------

Dancer-10.gif put a little pep in your step Dancer-11.gif

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL DJ

Now I'm sure that most of you are thinking "here's a little girlie who's afraid to drive in bad weather". I assure you, it's not me! I'm actually a good driver, in a Mario Andretti sort of way wink.gif.

This car I have now though is scary as SHIT! I have any older BMW 325 with rear wheel drive and a manual trans (just to make it worse). The piece of shit Plymouth I had when I first got my license did better...much better!

So, I just wanted to let you all know that I will be taking my life into my hands today and tell you all how much I love you just...in...~sniff~...case...I...don't...~sniff~...make...it...

cwm32.gif

Everyone be safe today!!

------------------

blultbar.gif

just remember to keep it in a low gear. If snow is really bad heavy use of the hand brake can cause a lot of your passengers to "shit it" and i have found it to be fun.

Matt

------------------

BEZ.JPG

"Pills 'N' Thrills and Bellyaches" - Happy Mondays

AIM: mattarrundale1

Rear wheel drive cars are bad in the snow.. BMW sugest you get snow tyres... nobody does though.

Take care smile.gif

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

When the party was in progress and unidentified frequency has been existing in the system for some time - Freak Frequency

bsb2.GIF

[This message has been edited by back2basics- (edited 02-05-2001).]

Originally posted by matta:

Matt

Bwaaahahahaha. God I miss the Scorpio I had (Ford Sierra for those in the UK). That was tits, with RWD and the handbrake...oh what stupid juvenile fun.

cwm4.gif

------------------

Administrative Signature:

Admin1.gifAdmin2.gifAdmin3.gifAdmin4.gifAdmin5.gif