Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ecstasy makes the cover of the Daily News

bodi

Article in the Daily News pointing out how Ecstasy which is gaining in popularity amongst all walks of life is now being associated with the same violence usually seen with cocaine and heroin trafficking.

Drug dealers see the X-market as being so lucrative that they've abandoned dealing the aforementioned drugs.

I was actually beginning to think that the media has gotten over e. Still, I think that it's is on minute 14 of it's 15 minutes of fame. Last summer and fall was definitely the heyday, when things would go off vibrating in the asses of journalists at any word beginning with letter "e". Now... maybe their batteries ran out.

Back in the day the pills were huge it was like ahorse pill, but the high was much better, they made you feel really tingley and a geat sense of euphoria. Today's pills don't even compare, half the time they make me feel too dopey cwm3.gif

------------------

"I walk through the valley of fear, I fear nothing cause I'm the baddest mother fucker in the valley!"

There was an article in the New York Times a few weeks ago regarding e, and the main thesis of the article was that they are finding ecstacy to be an amazing anti-depressent for people who are taking other prescribed anti-depressents that don't have effect for anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months. Because depressed people have very low levels of seratonin, ecstacy is a (fairly) immediate response to that, increasing the seratonin levels to a point of happiness not normally felt, in a matter of an hour. It was a really interesting article...I wish I had the link. cwm6.gif

The article says, not that people are abandoning other drugs to deal E, but that E is now being carried and dealt along the same routes as heroin. The combining of products by sources is bringing E to the lowest common denominator (i.e. the biggest dirtbags are taking over the supply chain) and wholesale price is coming down, not street price. The article specifically says that a formerly $30-35 pill will cost the dealer $12-18. You think the dealer is about to pass the savings on to a random cash-laden user?

In any event, y'all can read the po-po propaganda here... http://www.nydailynews.com/today/News_and_Views/Crime_File/a-98960.asp

------------------

Administrative Signature:

Admin1.gifAdmin2.gifAdmin3.gifAdmin4.gifAdmin5.gif

You know a drug is making it big time when sitcom's on T.V. are talking about it, infomercials on the radio against it. E has finally arrived as a public epidemic! Congratulations E biggrin.gif

------------------

"Play every record like it's your last"

Originally posted by SPHERIC:

You know a drug is making it big time when sitcom's on T.V. are talking about it, infomercials on the radio against it.

That's because the recently departed drug czar, Barry McCaffrey, was paying Hollywood to change the scripts of their shows to include anti-drug messages. Surprise surprise! There was a really good article on Salon.com about it a while ago, but I don't have the link right now.

Personally I really don't care what they choose to write about E. I know what its done for me. I know that here on clubplanet.com the majority of the people look out for each other not b/c we have this one thing in common but b/c we have the ability not to pre-judge anybody regardless of what they do. (Thats the closest I've come to a Utopian society). This excludes any imposters, racists, and genearlly malicious people who sometimes post here. Just b/c you indulge in taken E doesn't make you a "bad" individual. I'm glad E is coming into the mainstream b/c its obviously peaking the interest of the public. As a matter of fact the article that was in the Sunday Times mag was actually hearlding the effects of E

Originally posted by resident:

That's because the recently departed drug czar, Barry McCaffrey, was paying Hollywood to change the scripts of their shows to include anti-drug messages. Surprise surprise! There was a really good article on Salon.com about it a while ago, but I don't have the link right now.

this months "playboy" has a good article too. its about the qualifications required to become drug czar. its sick that the hollywood elite are so eager to please the political elite. hooray for the hugh hefners of the world (last months playboy had a great article about J edgar hoover and the known FBI investigations into playboy).

------------------

i love music!

i saw a guy reading the article on the train today...i was peering over to see what it had to say:P

speaking of other random train news, some wacko followed me off the train and told me my "smile made me get off b4 his stop."

iew?

:P

------------------

~*~lizzy~*~

aim: woa its lizzy

EXIT fridays: Lil Lizzy's Guestlist;)

147.gif

When i first saw the cover i though for some reason that the article would be somewhat interesting. What a waste of 50 cents. What i've learned from the article is that drug dealers carry guns, use violence and sell a lot of e.

Now there is a front page story.

w