Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Making a house party fired up....

Who has some good ideas to help make a house party feel less like its at a house/more like a lounge or club...?

I'll be clearing out the basement, I figure you hook up your blacklights, lava lamps, etc...buy some waters/red bulls/alcohol....

other ideas would be good- thanks

cwm16.gif

(beats are taken care of...me & 2 friends will be spinning...just want to make people forget they're at my house and start dancin, etc...)

MUST HAVE -- shuttle room. Black velvet (preferably) walls, thick carpet, glow in the dark stars, black light, abundant cushions, chillout music.

-Mjr cwm27.gif

------------------

In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of

only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

I can't wait, although moving that shit out of the basement is going to be a bitch. All that work out equipment@!? whoooo, I feel my back hurting already!

------------------

A bag of KB's, $60

A glass bowl, $85

A lighter, $ 1

GETTING HIGH, PRICELESS!!

MY FRIEND HAD THE MOTHER OF ALL HOUSE PARTYS ON NEW YEARS. CLEARLY INSANE

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

make sure the sound system is up to it. (too much is not enough). invite the neighbours (or do it when they're not going to be around). if you can, hire semi/pro lighting - i have a couple of friends who should be able to sort you out. chill out room of some kind is definitely good.

make sure you've got enough booze/drink as well - encourage people to bring stuff if you can.

oh - and hire a cleaner for the next day if possible - you won't feel like sorting the place out after 8 hours getting on it.

if you have a friend(s) with video projector then try to get them and set that up - funky screen savers might be best as then you don't need to worry about the video repeating.

other tips: only put 1 ply tissue in the toilets - you don't want them to get blocked up, and have lots of toilet rolls - don't want to run out.

finally: hand out free condoms on the door. j/k.

------------------

* i love sex always and forever *

and they tell me that women grow on trees

and if you catch them right they will land upon their knees

if you have halogen lighting this is a cool idea.....especially if you have the tiny bulbs....but i think it'll work either way....go to ur local supermarket or party store, and purchase some multi-colored selophane....if you are able to dim the lights then its perfect, cause you will have the perfect tool to set the mood with different lighting colorations etc.

try not to over do it with the black lights...have one or 2 small ones just to give it that hint you know? and the rest is up to you....far as the furniture goes, and how its set up. You may also want to think about a semi-stocked, or fully-stocked bar...so that you wont have to worry bout makin liq runs, for anything else other that beer.

My $0.02

------------------

-----"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

-----"We where somewhere in the desert, near Barstow....when the drugs began to kick in" -Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

-----"ALOT OF BEER ALOT OF GIRLS AND ALOT OF CURSIN', .22 AUTOMATIC ON MY PERSON." -Beastie Boys

lovepeacetwilo.jpg

Twilo.Energy.jpg

AIM: fantom0680

for lights blacklights and a couple strobes has a nice affect in a house, especially if you turn a ceiling fan, looks great, and a couple colored lights and your set

new years every year my boy clears his whole living room which is hard wood floors w/ mirrors three out of 4 walls.. we set up our boy who was spinning above the stairs so he was up above the dancefloor and one year had a about 200 long stringed ballons hanging which created a nice affect..

also, make sure to cover the windows w/ towels, sheets etc. if you plan on going into the mornign.. otherwise when the sun comes up and your scrambling to keep the light out you'll be sorry biggrin.gif

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

get more sound system than you need. overloading the home speakers is probably the most common house party mistake.

oh yeah... and have bouncers. get friends of friends who dont know anybody, dont do drugs, and dont take shit from anybody/ anything. have them charge ppl at the door. tell them to make *everyone* pay up. if they want their damn 3 dollars back they have to go talk to you-- but they have to pay up *first*.

hmm.. and invite enough people. its def not like a club when theres only 10 ppl standing around!

------------------

i love music!