Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what type of music was PVD spinning lastnight, exactly?

weyes

i'm not really very good with my musical genres, so i'm trying to figure some stuff out here. help appreciated -

i only know "out there and back," which i THOUGHT was progressive trance (correct me if i'm wrong here, please), but lastnight seemed housey to me.

what type of music was PVD spinning lastnight, exactly?

Originally posted by deanna11:

spoonyd scares me. i have to admit, i'm his now. sorry, shadowchaser, but i love and fear him like a master

puhleeze...

you may think you're his, but i just loaned you out to him...be back by thursday with my money...

------------------

a family full of midgets is not considered kids . . . that's a gang!

shadowchaser076@aol.com

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

Mostly hard/progressive trance.. I dunno the exact term for it but in my own terms, FACTORY MUSIC LOL.. He got a little techy towards the end which I didn't really like, but most of the night was good smile.gif

Factory Muzik?! The muzik & System at SF doesn't even compare to Twilo. That was the hardest PVD set I've EVER heard! No Cheese or Dreamy fluffy epic trance. & Beautiful at other times. He's the master of knowing when to drop the right track. It was Insane.

------------------

Trancessed!- Me

Originally posted by twilogoddess:

Factory Muzik?! The muzik & System at SF doesn't even compare to Twilo. That was the hardest PVD set I've EVER heard! No Cheese or Dreamy fluffy epic trance. & Beautiful at other times. He's the master of knowing when to drop the right track. It was Insane.

I agree!!! what a way to pump the crowd!!

this guy is good!!!

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

1 - nobody said a word about system..

2 - he played a lot of the same songs that JP ripps up every weekend. same style, a lot of the same songs.. Like you said, very hard and that's exactly what SF is like.. So relax and lose the attitude..

The reason she said that is because PVD dropped like 4-6 songs that JP has been rocking for months... People need to get over this TWILO is heaven on earth attitude......

Originally posted by mattyparsons:

there really was very little trance going on last night.

i'm not great, you should talk to spoonyd, but it was sorta a mix between hard house, hard acid house, and some progressive beats. like i said, very little trance going on last night.

yeah, that's what it seemed like to me. i felt very divalicious, which is what house does to me. but you're still the only one posting here who seems to feel this way; nobody else is being really specific...

confused.gif

That was the hardest PVD set I've EVER heard! No Cheese or Dreamy fluffy epic trance.

both you and mysteriousss are saying that he was playing hard something, but it all seemed pretty light to me, which makes it even more confusing, but perhaps that's because i'm used to the likes of space girl...

i know this may sound like i'm being obsessive and dwelling too much, but i'm trying to learn about how to communicate to others exactly what i like without just naming djs. i want to be able to say that i like such-and-such a kind of music, in case people don't know who so-and-so is. plus, it's good to know what the hell oneself is talking about. for me, ignorance is not bliss.

please help me!

smile.gif

[This message has been edited by weyes (edited 02-11-2001).]