Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why does EXIT suck so bad??????????

hmnyc

three guarantees in life: death, taxes, and roxanne replying on an "I hate Exit" thread. I betcha if i do a search like a good 60% of your posts are defending exit.

anyway...i went on friday and not only was it not packed, but the quality of people there was totally lowlife. i walked around the secret room and the second and third level was tagged up .. like people doing graffitti on it...as i saw that i asked myself "where has this club gone to?" it used to be such a beautiful venue and the money hungriness of management has cheapened it to a 30 dollar whore. I hardly saw a goodlooking girl there. i said forget it if i hated it and went over to SF. totally different...beautiful women and venue, though i had to sacrifice the music, but its fine...

anyway my point is Exit has turned to carbon. and exit will go down eventually just like carbon did.

------------------

"ID, Please."

AOL: Highmay9

Napster: Jayme

hpw6.gif

"Fire...wire."

with such a good venue as that, why dont' they just blow a few bucks and get at least one name dj to do a few nights a month? i don't understand their thinking in having the same two djs headline the same friday and saturday party each and every week of the year. i mean, even if diggers was doing twilo every single friday, i'd still be getting bored (granted it may take a few years.......)

------------------

who the hell needs to be anonymous anyway?

Not for nothing but I don't think the big name DJs you guys are suggesting would spin @ Exit regardless of the money they are offered.........not trying to down Exit here just saying the type of DJs that would do an Exit party are on a whole different "circuit" than the "big name" DJs........these "big name" DJs make their money regardless but I'm sure they would want to spin in places where their music and DJ abilities are loved and appreciated by the crowd.......from my experiences @ Exit, I don't think the crowd (in general) there would even know enough to appreciate a PVD spinning (eg, the invasion of Twilo this past Friday).......it would just be an injustice.......I know that sounds bad but sorry, IMO it's very true.......

Mikey

------------------

"Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

Originally posted by tyco:

Not for nothing but I don't think the big name DJs you guys are suggesting would spin @ Exit regardless of the money they are offered.........not trying to down Exit here just saying the type of DJs that would do an Exit party are on a whole different "circuit" than the "big name" DJs........these "big name" DJs make their money regardless but I'm sure they would want to spin in places where their music and DJ abilities are loved and appreciated by the crowd.......from my experiences @ Exit, I don't think the crowd (in general) there would even know enough to appreciate a PVD spinning (eg, the invasion of Twilo this past Friday).......it would just be an injustice.......I know that sounds bad but sorry, IMO it's very true.......

Mikey

i hear ya bro, but i'm also thinking this-

if the dj is good enough, and has enough skill, then he could bring the party and the vibe with him wherever the venue is. for example, oakenfold used to put on shows at roxy. now i'm not bashing roxy, but it's not really a superclub. and i'm not bashing oakey, but he's not that good of a dj....

hell, i'd go to exit if diggers was spinning and i think a lot of people who hate exit would do the same.

ok, it's late so i'm gonna sum up my thesis like this- some djs can bring the vibe with them.

------------------

who the hell needs to be anonymous anyway?