Clubplanet Nightlife Community

yet another post about PVD friday (new topic tho)

ok yes to many of the things already said about PVD.

1.Yes he was awesome. (although I liked his November set better)

2. Yes it was VERY crowded, but c’mon were you really not expecting this?

4.Yes the vibe was good, on the flipside the vibe has been much better at PVD in the past which is another can of worms altogether.

But none of this is what I want to talk about. My main issue with the night was the end. In November Paul ended quite abruptly at 8:30 he supposedly was not in a great mood, and had another show Saturday night in Europe. This time again he ended abruptly at 8:30 he had a show in Canada later that night. At the point he stopped the club was as about as full as it would be at a peak time on a regular Twilo night (Sven Vath,, Deep Dish, etc.) plus the crowd was still up at a fevered pitch. But because Paul was finished we had to leave. Now from what I saw/experienced the majority of the crowd was not ready for this. As evident by the jabbering maniacs seen sort of trying to get their coats and hanging out outside of Twilo. Now as much as I believe when he is spining Paul is a god, he is in reality a mere human being who has limits, and a 6+hour set is difficult, so I am not asking Paul to play longer (although who wouldn’t like that) nor am I really asking him to change his set to bring the crowd down slowly. But can’t we have a closer come on after Paul. I feel that if someone came on and played a closing set it would be a nice way to send everyone out into the morning sun that awaits them outside. Just a thought. Anybody out there agree?

------------------

'i wish U Heaven'

"People who talk in metaphors should shampoo my crotch"

"and remember Kids, You Can't spell cracKed out with K"

aol IM=MikE420DKE

Couldn't agree any more.....they could have done something....anything....shit i would have spun just to make the night end smooth....PVD dropped me off at such a high point and made me beg for some more.....

------------------

laser_show.gif

Why I love TWILO:

Best music

Best crowd

Best afterhours..

...nuff said

SEE YA UNDER THE BALL!!! peacesymbol.gif

no doubt the employees are ready to go home, and i feel for them, but i remember in the no too distant past PVD nights going till 10 or later. i am friends with a lot of the staff at twilo, and from what i hear Twilo unfortunatly does not take into account those things. i am too polite to ask what the differnet employees are getting paid, but they could maybe get a little more when they have later nights. With this in mind it is still not any reason on why they don't have a closer.

------------------

'i wish U Heaven'

aol IM=MikE420DKE

I agree.....Twilo was still letting kids in at like 6-7am, if they didn't plan on staying open past 8-9am, then they shouldn't have been lettin kids in so late...

We were actually talking about this exact thing...How many DJ's (big names included) wouldn't want to have a chance to close for PVD for a packed house of fired up lunatics at Twilo...? Its prolly a dream for many DJ's...Twilo has no excuse for not staying open...what are they making less money than the factory or Exit ? I don't think so...even a quick 1 hour closing set would've been enough to ease us back out of the night....

i wonder what and if Twilo was still charging at 7 am to let kids in. i have two of my firends who got in somehow for free. i didn't get a straight story from them since they were tripping on aicd, but they piad no money to get in at 7am. But think about if you just came in at 630 or 730 and paid $35 bucks for two hours and left unfulfilled. hmmmm what else do peopel have to say?

------------------

'i wish U Heaven'

aol IM=MikE420DKE

Originally posted by charrails:

How many DJ's (big names included) wouldn't want to have a chance to close for PVD for a packed house of fired up lunatics at Twilo...? Its prolly a dream for many DJ's...Twilo has no excuse for not staying open...what are they making less money than the factory or Exit ? I don't think so...even a quick 1 hour closing set would've been enough to ease us back out of the night....

danny tenaglia extends this exact courtesy to all of his people at vinyl. those particular nights when he has a booking the next night somewhere far, he'll have someone like matt licatta take over the cockpit for closing.

i refer to it as a courtesy, because he still brings it up to his normal level, he won't turn on the lights early, and most of all, he comes on the mic to let his people know exactly what the deal is. he maintains that bond with his crowd, and you won't leave the place feeling short-changed.

now that's a dj that loves his work & appreciates his crowd... cwm11.gif

------------------

-dusk til dawn-

Skeleton-22.gif

"You take the blue pill: Capsule-02.gif

The story ends, you wake up in your bed, and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill: Capsule-03.gif

You stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes..."

-Morpheus

I have to say that the one and only complaint I have with PVD is that he just sort of drops you. He really needs to do something about that. You can't have us all pumped up, for the whole night, and then just end your set with a banging track! People were just standing around looking completely lost! He needs to bring us down a bit, before sending us off...

------------------

Is it Friday yet?

Peace Love Happiness y'all

DivaliciousNYC@aol.com