Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Boy George @ Twilo Feb 28

Guest danwang

Guest danwang

Twilo's web site says that Boy George is coming on February 28. But why on a Wednesday? Is there some holiday on March 1 that I'm not aware of? Too bad AFAIK I have to work that day.

Just curious... is anyone itchin' to check that out?

I guess I'd find some novelty value in seeing him more than anything else... I've heard he's not among the greatest of DJ's (skillswise), but correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe Peter "Ruhoffer" will be a bigger draw. Is this the guy of Club 69 fame? Is that name correctly spelled? I'm more familiar with seeing it listed as Peter "Rauhoffer". if this is the right guy, has anyone heard him spin before? How is he?

twilo used to throw parties all the time on Wedns. & then they stopped (for reasons i don't know). As far as, Boy George being a DJ, I never heard him spin but from what I've heard he's pretty big in the UK, I was told he's like the Denny Tsettos of the UK, ya know some people hate him others adore him.

And what's this about Peter Rauhoffer? He's booked for twilo? That's an odd gig for him, He's a real good Dj but his music is a little cheddar (cheesy commercial anthems)BUT he's definitely worth checking out ... & yes he is the man behind CLUB 69

[This message has been edited by ~pep~ (edited 02-12-2001).]

Boy George is ok he is on a par, mixing wise, with Judge Jules or Pete Tong.

Looks like a good night because he is playing across the board.. progressive, 2 - step, tech-house etc.

It's a lauch party for the Essential Mix , they (record launches) are normally mid week and it's a promotion thing.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

bsb2.GIF

first, clue me in, what is AFAIK?

second, being that i'm a product of the 80's, i'm totally psyched that boy george is playing twilo!!! i just finished reading his autobi and have had culture' club's greatest hits in my cd player for six weeks. i can't wait to see what he's like as a dj!!!!

cwm29.gifcwm30.gif

Originally posted by shugabooga:

first, clue me in, what is AFAIK?

AFAIK = As Far As I Know.

And as for Boy George playing with Rauhoffer at Twilo...behold the power of cheese. It'll likely be cheezy as hell, and I'm planning on being there for shits and giggles!

cwm9.gif

------------------

Administrative Signature:

Admin1.gifAdmin2.gifAdmin3.gifAdmin4.gifAdmin5.gif

Guest danwang

AFAIK = As Far As I Know

Are the hours any different from the regular weekend nights? If not, I guess I could go straight to work afterwards, but the following hours wouldn't be a pretty sight.

Originally posted by ichi_gami:

And as for Boy George playing with Rauhoffer at Twilo...behold the power of cheese. It'll likely be cheezy as hell, and I'm planning on being there for shits and giggles!

CHEESE?.. what you think peter's work is all cheeze?.. yeah..all right..then ms. junior is just as guilty of playing velveta...bring it on.

got drama?

jsc

cwm23.gif

Originally posted by saintjsc:

CHEESE?.. what you think peter's work is all cheeze?.. yeah..all right..then ms. junior is just as guilty of playing velveta...bring it on.

got drama?

jsc

No, not all, but Boy George's work (what I have heard of it) is... jsc, check yourself, been getting all angry lately...what's up with that?

just because it's cheesy, doesn't mean i'm not going.

ichi

------------------

Administrative Signature:

Admin1.gifAdmin2.gifAdmin3.gifAdmin4.gifAdmin5.gif

not angry at all..

You threw rauhofer's name into your comment about cheese...what really constitutes "cheese" now-a-days?..commerical?..so what......

as for BG, haven't heard him live.. he's generated a name for himself in London and abroad.. looking forward to hearing him.. who knows..he could suck..

i'm sure some parties can be "cheezy" .....but i love it when Junior-ites are so quick to label anything other than Vasquez as being "cheezy" or "commercial"...or the other parties being "played out or tired"...

i used to go hear junior all the time....and even that party has it's rich sprinkling of "parmagian and romano."

example: reap into beats w/ this joy acapella with samples of can u party

JUNIOR mixes this..reaction = "legendary"

Tsettos does this (and he has) = "cheezy"

lol GOD FORBID jonathan peters did something like this... everyone would start ripping into him faster than paris can say "step to the left too casual."

Junior crowd knocked "my love is your love" to the high heavens when jp first started playing it.......

Junior plays it at gay pride..."oh work junior!!!!"

hope u have a good time at for bg and pr at twilo.

all how u look at it.. cheezy or not..what matters is that you enjoy it.

jsc