Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Suggestions for self defense....

when you now work in a psych ward and your patients are men that are like 6'5... the one went around the damn hall today screaming my name, saying he has a new valentine's day date.. omg guys, some i'm not even supposed to interview by myself... k so does a drop kick work, or do i just run out of the room, hoping upon hope i don't get grabbed? usually we just position ourselves right by the door, in case something happens. i know these people need help, maybe this post is just to relieve what i've been thinking all day.. please God don't let me get assaulted.

------------------

"Some Of Us Are Like Ink, And Some Like Paper.

And If It Were Not For The Blackness Of Some Of Us, Some Of Us Would Be Dumb.

And If It Were Not For The Whiteness Of Some Of Us, Some Of Us Would Be Blind."- Khalil Gibran

-----------------------

"A BIRD MAY LOVE A FISH SIGNORE, BUT WHERE WOULD THEY LIVE?"

"THEN I SHALL HAVE TO MAKE YOU WINGS"

my mother is a nurse, who for a period of time worked in a psych ward cwm12.gif , and was physically hurt more than once. aside from the possibility that many patients can be physically dominating cwm21.gif , the plain fact of the matter is that they are mentally unstable cwm3.gif , which as you probably already know, can lead to a much worse situation.

cwm28.gif

hopefully, you have a few good mental health workers (read: bodyguards) on staff to do the dirty work while you jet through the doorway...

------------------

-dusk til dawn-

Skeleton-22.gif

"You take the blue pill: Capsule-02.gif

The story ends, you wake up in your bed, and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill: Capsule-03.gif

You stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes..."

-Morpheus

No matter who the person is, your safest bet is to prolly get out of there as quick as possible.

Although, if you do need to defend yourself, your best move is always a swift shot to the junk. A shot like that will fell even the largest of men, although I am sure you already know that.

Anyways, I hope it will never have to come to that in the first place. Take care of yourself.

------------------

"Crippled but free, I was blind all the time I was learning to see" -Dead

if the person iz alot bigger than u ur best bet iz 2 get a nice punch 2 the throat and then run real fast. concentrate on being accurate, cuz if u hit'em right in the adamz apple with a decent amount of force, they'll just choke. that'll give u time 2 get the fuk attathere.

make the hospital have someone else with you while you're interviewing. if they plead being understaffed, tell them if a patient makes any attempt to assault you, you're going to fight back and the hospital will consequently be looking at a lawsuit from the patient's family

------------------

"real fucking high"

Curry

------------------

"The world is a better place because of those who refuse to believe they can't

fly."

dragon_pipe_e0.gif

nycedee was and always will be my bitch ...and he'll never forget that...Everyone else, please be real to yourselves before you try to tell others what is right and wrong...and please, please chill the fuck out with the hypocrisy...that kind of behavior makes us "racists" look like Ghandi (no Hindu-bashing implied)...unless you are my bitch nycedee and believe that free thinking=racism...because that makes the most sense of all.

Mace is wonderful. I've been rolled on where I didn't have any and had to improvise- once- in a cafe - waiter told me three guys were waiting outside for me so I ordered a cup of take out hot tea (leave the tea bag out) If worse comes to worse, handful of salt to the eyes.

------------------

Too crazy for Boys Town, too much of a boy for Crazy Town.

Where are we again?

AIM: crackorn71

Do you really need to come on clubplanet to find help for this problem?

Weird.

-mjr

------------------

I regret that I only have but one imposter to give for my message board.

RIP mjrthesecond

In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of

only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

haha thanks for the support guys, i think some of your responses cheered me up.. haha titanium bat. LOL. i guess i just needed to come on and vent, some of u guys make a girl's day just a lil bit easier wink.gif hope to meet more of you sooner than later.

------------------

"Some Of Us Are Like Ink, And Some Like Paper.

And If It Were Not For The Blackness Of Some Of Us, Some Of Us Would Be Dumb.

And If It Were Not For The Whiteness Of Some Of Us, Some Of Us Would Be Blind."- Khalil Gibran

-----------------------

"A BIRD MAY LOVE A FISH SIGNORE, BUT WHERE WOULD THEY LIVE?"

"THEN I SHALL HAVE TO MAKE YOU WINGS"

aaaarrrggHHH!!! no NO NO NONONOONONOOOOOOOO!

kicking a guy in the nuts is the absolute, definite, complete *wrong* thing to do! the pain from a kick in the nuts is delayed by several seconds. this is the way mens bodies have adapted to deal with a kick in the nuts! in the time it takes the pain to register, your assailant will already be upon you. this will be especially true for guys who arent sane, or intelligent, enough to immediately recognize the potential damage a good kick in the nuts will do. a kick in the nuts is a great way to initiate a fight, not end it. seriously, its a good way to be sure you give the guy something to remember you by... but lets not get into that, we are all peaceful ppl here, right? ...hee hee.

most self defense instruction will give the following (in order) as the list of the best things to do to protect yourself:

1. dont put yourself into the situation in the first place. in crowds, that usually means getting the fuck out of the way. in secluded places it means not going there. for you, its your job, so you have little choice. just remember, clairese, dont get too close to dr hannibals cage!

2. get away. unless you have fighting skills, dont initiate contact when you have the opportunity to run away. its fight -or- flight that will help you survive. flight is best, bc lots of other ppl *do* know how to fight.

3. if you *must* stike a blow, the best, assuming you are unarmed, is a swift upper thrust to the nose with the heel of your open palm. go upward, not straight into the face and use the heel of your palm, not your fist, as you have a better chance of making proper contact. strike as *hard* as you can, bc, despite what rambo movies taught us, there is *no* way you are going to force the nose up into the brain causing instant death. thats simply not possible. the best thing about a stike to the beak is that even a glancing blow will cause the eyes to water and blur and might give you the chance to run for your life. just scream, stike, and run like hell.

i am sorry i am contradicting most of the other responses you have gotten, but i assure you absolutely that a kick in the nuts does not have enough stopping force while any other blow (throat, eyes, etc) is more likely to miss the target. cmon, but did you really expect to get good fighting advice from the crowd who put the P (for Peace) in PLUR? smile.gif

good luck. stay safe.

------------------

i love music!