Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Disappointments

Sorry to hear that and yes I think I know what you're going through right now. I used to get all hyped up about meeting new people, old friends etc. and I always had those big hopes and expections. Nowadays I'm rather trying to keep those things low and take much smaller chunks...maybe that's shit and I should start believing in ppl again but at least the pain isn't soo much once you got disappointed and hurt again... hope you're feeling better soon and that the next person coming along won't turn on you and/or disappoint...

------------------

an1701.gif

PVD??

hehehehe

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

You have to look on the bright side, better that other people disappoint you, than you disappoint yourself! There is nothing wrong with having high expectations of other people but it does increase the chance they don’t live up to them. Then again, it’s even more rewarding and special when you met someone who exceeds those expectations. And believe me they are out there somewhere. You just have to keep on rocking along with a smile on your face and making sure you are happy with who you are and what you’re doing. People are attracted to those that are comfortable with themselves.

Life can throw everyone some crap every now and then, roll with it and you come out the other side a lot stronger/wiser. Just make sure you enjoy yourself because no of us are around hear long enough to waste even a day.

How was that for deep?

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

PVD??

hehehehe

HAHA

cwm2.gifcwm27.gif I wasn't even thinkin about him when I wrote this thread. cwm24.gif Up until last sat 8:30 am, he has neva disappointed me. I can't really be too upset I heard Another Way (my fav track of all time) on the phazon.

Interesting Beaker. cwm12.gif

[This message has been edited by twilogoddess (edited 02-15-2001).]

Yeah man, I know how that can be. I used to always plan things out in advance and think of the "ideal" way things would be. The problem with that mentality is that nothing ever lives up to your expectations. You will always be disappointed. I found this to be especially true with dates, women, etc.-- the more you think about things the more you fuck yourself up for when things are going to happen.

Just take each day as it comes and be thankful for it. Live spontaneualy and with little concern for what that new day will bring. There is a silver lining to every cloud (you just have to find it).

Alright, once again I find myself rambling.

Peace all

------------------

"Crippled but free, I was blind all the time I was learning to see" -Dead

Originally posted by pgroove:

Yeah man, I know how that can be. I used to always plan things out in advance and think of the "ideal" way things would be. The problem with that mentality is that nothing ever lives up to your expectations. You will always be disappointed. I found this to be especially true with dates, women, etc.-- the more you think about things the more you fuck yourself up for when things are going to happen.

Just take each day as it comes and be thankful for it. Live spontaneualy and with little concern for what that new day will bring. There is a silver lining to every cloud (you just have to find it).

Peace all

Way to post, brother. Couldn't have said it better myself...

Hugs,

BSG

------------------

Drama – it ain't so bad after all!

blueskygirl@djcentral.com

aolim blueskygirl2001

[This message has been edited by blueskygirl (edited 02-15-2001).]

Hey great way to look at it Beaker.. That's the way I look at things as well... Alhtough I admit I wasn't always like that...I learned the hard way..

Don't stress Twilogoddess.... things will look up; that I can promise !! cwm4.gif

Hey just think.. IT'S FRIDAY !!! and a looooong weekend in fact!!! cwm32.gif

------------------

AIM vampienyc10

e-mail: vampie@aol.com

i was like you in the past. my remedy, dont expect so much out of other people. you cant affect how a certain person behaves or how the world works, so take it as it comes and always strive for the better. the only thing you have complete control over is yourself, so the best thing you can do is be the best twilogoddess you can be and eerything will fall into place.

Originally posted by vampienyc10:

Hey great way to look at it Beaker.. That's the way I look at things as well... Alhtough I admit I wasn't always like that...I learned the hard way..

Don't stress Twilogoddess.... things will look up; that I can promise !! cwm4.gif

Hey just think.. IT'S FRIDAY !!! and a looooong weekend in fact!!! cwm32.gif

I'll have to agree that it is all about how you look at things. But I also think that as you get older you tolerate less, and suddenly realize that the shit you used to be able to put up with you just can't anymore. I have realized as I grow that it takes much more to impress me -I have different standards. And I realize that some of the friends I used to have I couldn't have now, and then I ask myself why I let people treat me the way they did.

Answer...

I was young

cwm1.gif

------------------

The music makes the people come together...

Dolphin2.gif

i agree with just about all...i was the same way for most of my life, been let down entirely too much...now i dont have expectations for anyone or anything...sounds dark, but it's great...anytime something happens whether good or bad, i just go off the joy of that experience...i'll tell you if you're just looking at life(the experience), you'll never get let down...life's beauty is manifested in soo many different ways, you have no choice but to feel invigorated by it...and life will never let you down as long as you love it...yeah

------------------

i'm only doing this once...until the second time

Originally posted by clubhead32:

Yo Twilogoddess dont even sweat it Girl, shit will definetly get better for you without a doubt...... cwm32.gif

Best way to start a day is with a SMILE!!!

Not related to the topic (sorry, I'm actually a happy person by nature) but I love your laser logo!!!

------------------

Peace,Love & Hairgrease,

Rich Suede

mylight.gif

Originally posted by pgroove:

Peace all

Definitely agree...I was actually disappointed by someone this past week actually. I 'thought' we were friends, and friends alone (well with benefits) smile.gif. For some reason, he concocted a scenario where he thought I wanted more out of the relationship and instead of talking to me to find out for sure, he basically "laid down the law" cwm27.gif and assumed I wanted more emotionally and totally ran away like a bat outta hell...Haven't heard from him since, but whatever cwm25.gif . But overall, it was a disappointing experience because I thought we were friends, but now he has forced me to confiscate his benefits card.

As pgroove said, sorry for the incessant rambling...

-Jamms " cwm11.gif andwillalwaysstaythatway"

------------------

GLI ABBRACCI face50.gif

Originally posted by twilogoddess:

Lately ppl having been majorly disappointing me. Friends, lovers, new ppl I meet. Y is that, Y am I constantly disappointed? is it due to high hopes & expectations. Anyone else feel the same way? cwm13.gifcwm6.gif

maybe you're comparing past situations (which were great) to these new ones and they're not measuring up to the feelings, emotions, and experiences you had before. it not necessarily higher expectation, but now things have become ordinary, calculated and expected.

anyway, cc/dt will be sure to live beyond expectation, so dont lose all the faith

------------------

I buried gravity twice, and now own him....he is a racist, and a hypocrite

I agree w/u all are saying. I'm not unhappy. It just frustrates me that Ppl say 1 thing & do another, Lead U on, make promises & don't come thru etc. I hate that shit! cwm23.gif I've concluded family are the only ppl that don't disappoint, my family at least. smile.gif

------------------

Trancessed!- Me

I know exactly what you mean D. I felt the same way for a long time, but I made new friends. They play nice. I say fuck the rest!! Well, not literally. You know what I mean. Fuck em', fuck em' all!! cwm27.gif

------------------

closeup.jpg "I don't wanna stop just because,

people walkin' by are watchin' us. I don't give a damn what they think I want you now." Wise words to live by. hehe

Originally posted by twilogoddess:

I've concluded family are the only ppl that don't disappoint, my family at least. smile.gif

See that's great babe!! I, on the other hand have been disappointed by family members so I have learned to take it as it is....That's why I really don't go by what people say but more by their actions..

"Actions speak louder than words."

------------------

AIM vampienyc10

e-mail: vampie@aol.com

I'm totally with you. Recently I've been very lucky in that my last few club ventures were different, being Richie Hawtin (duh - techno, different), and Tenaglia (duh, enough said). Other than that, everything else seemed kind of anticlimactic, including (dare I say this...) Danny Howells and everything but the last two hours of Digweed.

I can only attribute this to overdoing it. That's why I'm definitely looking to different places to go to - Vinyl, SF, maybe Centro-Fly some time.

I'm sure that real Twiloheads will attack me next time they see me, but that's just me - I get bored easily and absolutely need change. Not just with clubs or music - everything. Including my job, which I'm working on changing right now...

And yo - I live closer to Twilo than you do! 19 blocks - beat that! cwm12.gif

Originally posted by jammy:

Definitely agree...I was actually disappointed by someone this past week actually. I 'thought' we were friends, and friends alone (well with benefits) smile.gif. For some reason, he concocted a scenario where he thought I wanted more out of the relationship and instead of talking to me to find out for sure, he basically "laid down the law" cwm27.gif and assumed I wanted more emotionally and totally ran away like a bat outta hell...Haven't heard from him since, but whatever cwm25.gif .

-Jamms " cwm11.gif andwillalwaysstaythatway"

OMG.. I just have to say, that is me. Same result. I think it had something to do with Valentine's..

P.S. Stupid fucking board losing my username smile.gif

MAYBE THE PROBLEMZ STEMZ FROM U, OR UR JUST HAVIN TUFF LUCK. I AM PRETTY PESSIMISTIC, SO WHEN SHIT DOEZ HAPPEN FOR ME, I GET SO AMPED CUZ I WUZN'T XPECTING IT 2 HAPPEN. THERE'S A BRIGHT DAY AFTER EVERY DARK NIGHT. SO JUST KEEP YA HEAD UP AND DEAL WIT IT.