Clubplanet Nightlife Community

To all the people who just discovered Danny

Originally posted by trippintrance64:

it's the last great vibe left in NYC

Wow, so does that mean that everyone acts as concieted?

You wouldn't like it, anyway.

Why cause its the "last great Vibe?"

What the hell is up with that? For you information, the Vibe at Twilo is incredible....Not to mention the vibe which was recieved by the Vinyl crowd. Both 100% awesome, and both totally different.

Just because the 2 vibe are different, Doesnt meant that you one you aren't a part of is a bad one.

the vinyl Vibe is wonderful, but your attitude belongs at Exit.

My $0.02

Listen, sweetcakes, I'm gonna go easy on you cuz I know you are pretty delicate.

Perhaps you didn't read the rest of the thread where I clearly typed "only kidding", or you just had an anuerism cuz it seemed like I dissed Twilo and based on your sig, that's pretty serious stuff.

But here are some facts:

Exit sucks

I am not conceited, I am aware of the world around me

Vinyl's crowd rocks

You didn't read the rest of the thread

You don't get jokes

Charrails, pershoot and the others that got it, rocked.

Thanks!

Originally posted by cazz926:

I will say this: have you ever gone to Vinyl? There is an incredible vibe and energy level there. Let's be honest, a lot of times people don't go out "just for the music" and those are the people that can ruin a club. It's a rare thing, that is all seriousness, I would rather not change.

hmmm, recollecting my memory from when I started going to clubs around '95 I remember going there not for the music but because that's where the party and girls are. And lots of clubbers still do that, go to clubs not to hear the DJ but to pick up chick, drink, do drugs, etc. Back in those days I had no interest in the music, in fact I pretty much despised techno. But I guess you can call me a convert, the music grew on me and now I listen to it day and night.

What I'm trying to say that that is sometimes the progression people make - clubs first, music second. Give the people a chance, maybe after they experience the great vibe at Vynil they'll start to care more about the music. Thats what Danny did for me at the Tunnel!

Of course there's the danger that a cool party may eventually get overrun by pretenders who are there with a different agenda. But I dont think its going to happen at Vynil because of its regulars and because Danny wouldnt let that happen.

------------------

vip.gif

herbert_kornfeld_t.gif

I will say this: have you ever gone to Vinyl? There is an incredible vibe and energy level there. Let's be honest, a lot of times people don't go out "just for the music" and those are the people that can ruin a club. It's a rare thing, that is all seriousness, I would rather not change.

hmmm, recollecting my memory from when I started going to clubs around '95 I remember going there not for the music but because that's where the party and girls are. And lots of clubbers still do that, go to clubs not to hear the DJ but to pick up chick, drink, do drugs, etc. Back in those days I had no interest in the music, in fact I pretty much despised techno. But I guess you can call me a convert, the music grew on me and now I listen to it day and night.

What I'm trying to say that that is sometimes the progression people make - clubs first, music second. Give the people a chance, maybe after they experience the great vibe at Vynil they'll start to care more about the music. Thats what Danny did for me at the Tunnel!

Of course there's the danger that a cool party may eventually get overrun by pretenders who are there with a different agenda. But I dont think its going to happen at Vynil because of its regulars and because Danny wouldnt let that happen.

cazz, did you start going to clubs because of the music or was it the other way around

------------------

vip.gif

herbert_kornfeld_t.gif

Originally posted by kaspr:

This Friday with Digweed should be amazing since all the Sasha groupies won't be there.

YUP...... Its gonna be an excellent evening....

Bunch of real diggerhedz.. hehehe

talk about a great vibe!!.... cwm1.gifcwm32.gif

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

s_shot%202.jpgsaloop2.gifs_shot8.jpg

I love reading this shit.

Vibe is created by people not the place.

You can go all the way back to the Palladium, for those of you around at the time about 1988, and the vibe was great and people would sit upstairs and puff, smoke dust and so on and so on. So the drugs may have changed but the whole club seen hasn't. thats why you see places close down and new ones open.

I love music and so does everyone.

thats just the way it is , if i go to vinyl and do my thing thats up to me, if i go to twilo and do my thing thats up to me.(yes djs make a difference) but its the people that create the vibe.

MY POINT cant we all get along.

If not i could care less what you think of me or what i do, i'm not there to talk i'm there to dance with the people i came with. if i meet new people thats cool to.

P.S. I know that all the people that go to vinyl are sober, i really really really believe it.lol

I do know there not drinking.

just my 10 cents

------------------

pharaoh.gif

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN EXPERIENCED

Guest crystalmethodny

Please don't come to Vinyl, it's the last great vibe left in NYC, and we really don't need the crackheads and glowsticks.

You wouldn't like it, anyway. There's no farting discoball and the staff is cool

Thanks!

LOL

Cazz that really frigging cracked me up.

Even if it is evil.

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

Originally posted by mp3some:

YUP...... Its gonna be an excellent evening....

Bunch of real diggerhedz.. hehehe

talk about a great vibe!!.... cwm1.gifcwm32.gif

love the sig!!! DIGZ is the man!!!!

------------------

"Beware of PHAZON"

world_hj50.jpg

"The Future is Now...

forget the past...presents gone until the gorgeous night.

.Outraged, mindblowing nightmares....end up..

in the never ending.. FIGHT"

Originally posted by Pershoot:

actually i would beg to differ....the vibe at twilo sucks! you probably dont remember when Twilo was the shit (old Twilo..when it first opened)...I was there on Sunday to see the man perform on PHAZON (how could i not smile.gif ). That's about all I wanted to get out of Twilo; seeing Danny perform. My observations of the new & "improved" TWILO, at least 40% of the people standing around the floor until they left about 7 - 8 - 9 (guess the MASSIVE amounts of drugs wore off)....then his followers came in, and did the party proper smile.gif 35% of the people didnt even know who the fuck was playing! Mad people on line just doing god knows what (you know what im talkin about). Back in the day, you would never see any of the above; NEVER! @ Twilo. Everyone wuz just there to dance, and thats it. You hardly ever used to see anybody sitting, and if you did, they were just resting for the next block of dancing, and NO, nobody used to drool/ pass out everywhere and anywhere..... Oh well. I wont bore you guys with my crying of spilled milk (coz its old). So yea, in following with Cazz's "joke", ALL CRACKHEADS STAY THE FUCK OUT OF VINYL. Even Vinyl's vibe is slowly deteriorating, but it is still somewhat intact. You wanna dance all night & here Danny whip magic on the decks, come there, because me, and I'm sure every other true head loves what Danny has become at vinyl. (I'm glad he snagged a residency there smile.gif ) You wanna be a sloth/ slug, stay in TWILO. And yes, I used to think Factory was crackhead-like (never used to be like that either, but thats another topic), but I now see TWILO has seen it fit to match those standards (well not on the same plane, but you know what I mean). Anyways, I got my venting out for the month. Peace guys smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Pershoot (edited 02-22-2001).]

I agree with some things you say but every club in every city has drugs and crackheads crawling in........even Vinyl....and yes I've been there.......who the fuck are you kidding?

Mikey

------------------

"Some I consider my girlfriends, and some I just consider" - John Bender

Thats not what we're sayin. The drugs will always be there...they always have been. But, its the line where the drugs bleed in to ruining the "vibe". That is what has happened to the vibe as of late (last two to three years). Thats not what the drugs were EVER about. That was never their purpose. Heck we have all done something, but there are those that are strictly about the drugs, and there are those that go for the music and also meet other people that share those interests. The latter may do minimal drugs to either keep awake (these DJ's do come on and stay on late frown.gif ), or just feel like gettin a lil f--ked up smile.gif. But, there is a line that is crossed, where you stop dancing, stand around on the floor in everyone's dancin' way, sit on the floor in everyone's way, pass-out, drool on everything and everyone, and are just a mess when they are out. That farting discoball looks pretty significant to you now huh? If you haven't figured out, YES this does ruin the vibe. Vinyl has always been known to somehow stay out of this whole mess we call the "typical" NYC afterhours club as of late. But Vinyl is also being hit with it now as well, it was inevitable. We're just trying to keep a piece of that well-known vibe in tact for as long as we can. We don't wanna see the place go down the tubes. You know how people do that? They bind together for one main cause. The love of the music. That's it. You don't even have to dance if that's not your thing. If it's not, stay on the side and enjoy smile.gif You can do the drugs, but know your limit. Also, don't come there strictly for that and expect everyone and their mother to welcome you with open arms. Coz it's not gonna fly. All your doing is meeting and or making more people in to crackheads. What do more crackheads + more crackheads = ? They = more crackheads. This means the true headz aren't meeting and or making more people in to true headz. Why? Because they have been outbumbered, and the crackheads have taken control! Guess the vibe doesn't matter, compared to how high I'm gonna get and be........

Originally posted by kingpharaoh:

I love reading this shit.

Vibe is created by people not the place.

You can go all the way back to the Palladium, for those of you around at the time about 1988, and the vibe was great and people would sit upstairs and puff, smoke dust and so on and so on. So the drugs may have changed but the whole club seen hasn't. thats why you see places close down and new ones open.

I love music and so does everyone.

thats just the way it is , if i go to vinyl and do my thing thats up to me, if i go to twilo and do my thing thats up to me.(yes djs make a difference) but its the people that create the vibe.

MY POINT cant we all get along.

If not i could care less what you think of me or what i do, i'm not there to talk i'm there to dance with the people i came with. if i meet new people thats cool to.

P.S. I know that all the people that go to vinyl are sober, i really really really believe it.lol

I do know there not drinking.

just my 10 cents

Very well said Dave. I'm with you my friend...

------------------

"Up all night...sleep all day."

AIM - E123NYC

IntroLogoM.jpg

I guess some people can't take a joke smile.gif

Hey, like I said, I agree with everything you say.......I feel the same way about drugs being done in excess ruining the vibe in clubs but I just haven't felt that @ Twilo as much as you guys project........I think the vibe in Twilo is still positive even if some bad peeps are cracked out........these people will always be there but I think attacking this fact just represents another sign of bad vibe in a different way........nobody wants to hang in a club with crackheads, true, but who wants to be in with people getting upset about it......either way, it's negative........

oh, and if it was all a joke then forget all I've said but I think there is some truth to what you say and that's what I'm responding to........if not, then I guess we're on the same wavelength........ cwm12.gif

Mikey

------------------

"Some I consider my girlfriends, and some I just consider" - John Bender

yes we are on the same wavelength..the joke was that people felt so adamant about defending a place that people can convene with others to hear music, and that they also at the same token, "breathe, eat, sleep and dream about"(haha). and yes the above statements is a true reflection of how i feel...your right, it is negative to be "bitching" about it as well (in the club of course). but, what you gonna do. catch22...if it was back in the day..i guess people would still be bitchin about diff shit..but not to this extremity...

also....its cool that there are still some that can have a full-out discussion..without all the "drama" that usually gets attributed to it (directed to previous posts on this board)...

cool...pershoot's a happy camper smile.gif

Thats not what we're sayin. The drugs will always be there...they always have been. But, its the line where the drugs bleed in to ruining the "vibe". That is what has happened to the vibe as of late (last two to three years). Thats not what the drugs were EVER about. That was never their purpose. Heck we have all done something, but there are those that are strictly about the drugs, and there are those that go for the music and also meet other people that share those interests. The latter may do minimal drugs to either keep awake (these DJ's do come on and stay on late frown.gif ), or just feel like gettin a lil f--ked up smile.gif. But, there is a line that is crossed, where you stop dancing, stand around on the floor in everyone's dancin' way, sit on the floor in everyone's way, pass-out, drool on everything and everyone, and are just a mess when they are out. That farting discoball looks pretty significant to you now huh? If you haven't figured out, YES this does ruin the vibe. Vinyl has always been known to somehow stay out of this whole mess we call the "typical" NYC afterhours club as of late. But Vinyl is also being hit with it now as well, it was inevitable. We're just trying to keep a piece of that well-known vibe in tact for as long as we can. We don't wanna see the place go down the tubes. You know how people do that? They bind together for one main cause. The love of the music. That's it. You don't even have to dance if that's not your thing. If it's not, stay on the side and enjoy smile.gif You can do the drugs, but know your limit. Also, don't come there strictly for that and expect everyone and their mother to welcome you with open arms. Coz it's not gonna fly. All your doing is meeting and or making more people in to crackheads. What do more crackheads + more crackheads = ? They = more crackheads. This means the true headz aren't meeting and or making more people in to true headz. Why? Because they have been outbumbered, and the crackheads have taken control! Guess the vibe doesn't matter, compared to how high I'm gonna get and be........

Well put, Pershoot...