Clubplanet Nightlife Community

there should be country vocal samples in trance music

weyes

country music's clarity and purity of vocal tone, combined with its heartfelt and soulful lyrics make it so perfectly suited to be sampled in trance. i really wish some people'd do this. anybody know of any country samples (and i don't mean house remixes of new country, i'm just talking samples right now.) that've been used?

i was just listening to glen campbell singing "and i want you for all time," in "wichita lineman," and it echoed nicely in this late night head.

p.s. and i'm serious; for all of the obnoxious people who're just gonna reply that "country sucks," i'm not just writing this 'cause it's 2 in the morning and i'm asleep/stupid/crazy. country kicks ass.

i don't see why not, under the right circumstances anything can work i think.

you people that jump up quick to bash any kind of music should think before you speak. country music is the father of rock and roll, and although it's not my personal favorite class of music, i wont discredit it. you should think about what people like hank williams and johnny cash to name only two have done for music.

listen to guys like chuck berry, buddy holly, elvis... their roots are country, blues and collaborations of the like.

groups like the Eagles made their living off of turning country music songs into rock and roll, (if you want to call it that)

the grateful dead started out as a bluegrass band, and there are elements of it in their music from start to finish.

this is a short history, but once you get your way to the sixties and the psychadelic age, you see groups like the beatles and the dead, the who and pink floyd all using electronic sound.

all things are relative and should be taken into consideration. just because you dont prefer something doesnt mean it's not any good, or takes no skill, or is not art.

when you strip down trance, the underlying has classical music elements. would you say classical music sucks too?

although you wont catch me in the near future dancing all night in a country joint, im willing to bet that those who do dance as long and hard as some of y'all in your clubs.

food for thought,

be cool

stephen

------------------

we must cultivate our gardens...

there is a genre of music called "swamp House" that has been around for awhile..started by mistake but this DJ in Louisiana...when he put on music sounds better with you or something like that over a country song..and everyone went crazy...

apparently this guy is doing very well..you should check that out if you like country..

I personally would not want to listen to that..but to each his own smile.gif

------------------

" I give in to sin ..Because you have to make this life liveable "-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

Originally posted by wizard:

you people that jump up quick to bash any kind of music should think before you speak. country music is the father of rock and roll, and although it's not my personal favorite class of music, i wont discredit it. you should think about what people like hank williams and johnny cash to name only two have done for music.

listen to guys like chuck berry, buddy holly, elvis... their roots are country, blues and collaborations of the like.

groups like the Eagles made their living off of turning country music songs into rock and roll, (if you want to call it that)

the grateful dead started out as a bluegrass band, and there are elements of it in their music from start to finish.

this is a short history, but once you get your way to the sixties and the psychadelic age, you see groups like the beatles and the dead, the who and pink floyd all using electronic sound.

all things are relative and should be taken into consideration. just because you dont prefer something doesnt mean it's not any good, or takes no skill, or is not art.

when you strip down trance, the underlying has classical music elements. would you say classical music sucks too?

although you wont catch me in the near future dancing all night in a country joint, im willing to bet that those who do dance as long and hard as some of y'all in your clubs.

food for thought,

be cool

stephen

Shut up smile.gif So when you go out do you want to here a pounding 4/4 beat with somebody singing 'stand by your man'? The reason i don't think it would work, i that it has to be repetative, Contry music tell a story.. generally sad.. that is now what people will listen to. It could work, find the right vocal and chop the fuck out of it... but you would be HARD pushed to find something..

Over New Year we had some freinds across from England. He is a great singer so we got him to sing Achky Breaky heart.. He went home and we messed around with it trying to do a housey version... shit it was hard work and STILL sound like a contry song.. BECAUSE the main thing about country is much of the instrmentation is in the voice. So we ended up just making a silly 303 Acid version..

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

bsb2.GIF

Originally posted by wizard:

food for thought,

be cool

stephen

[

You are confusing with what we know now as Country music with the old style of Folk music. The two are closely related, but are completely different. I mean can you really compare Dylan or Cash to somebody like Garth Brooks or Tim McGraw?? The first two are great folk artists and true musical geniuses, the latter two...well I have zero respect for them as musicians.

Country the "father" of rock'n'roll???? no fucking way! Blues and folk music? yes, although Blues has a far greater impact on rock'n'roll. Guys like Dylan have pioneered and restructured music, and someone like Shanai Twain, or whatever, just degrades music to a lower level.

I dont really want to diss anyone's music choice, but sometimes you dont have to be closeminded to know when something is bad. Take a survey of major music critics, writers, experts, etc. I'll bet 90% of them will say that Country music as we know it now is plain garbage (maybe not in those words, but the point is is that most music experts would agree country is not an innovative or valid music form).

In other words, I would not want another remix of Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw, Clint Black, etc. anywhere near my listening zone. Country vocals are annoying and distored and would not make trance, or at least GOOD trance. cwm23.gif

------------------

vip.gif

herbert_kornfeld_t.gif

Originally posted by nycetouch:

I mean can you really compare Dylan or Cash to somebody like Garth Brooks or Tim McGraw?? cwm23.gif

i have a few things to which i'd like to respond.

first of all, i didn't say i'd like to hear new country sampled; i did use glen campbell as an example, after all. but there are still good songs being written in country today, even if you hate the clothes the artists wear and the trailer park stigma that now goes along with it all. but older country definitely has more to offer, and it does have a lot.

Originally posted by beatsfreak:

country in trance??? i dont think so...thats like putting rap in trance, it doesnt go...

as long as things are done well, anything goes. it's called progress. think of how many people opposed ALL electronic music not so long ago.

pleasurehead, who i don't care for, plays a riff from guns 'n roses' "sweet child o' mine" from time to time, and the crowd goes apeshit. one might say that that doesn't belong, but it sounds great to me. (i'd actually be in love with it if he sampled it, rather than playing it on a cheesy keyboard.)

orbital played bon jovi's "you give love a bad name" simultaneously with belinda carlisle's "you make heaven a place on earth" as an intro to "halcyon and on and on" on a live album and, although that doesn't sound so hot in print, it's something so amazing that one has to wonder how they came up with that. bon jovi/belinda carlisle/orbital??? collaboration is one of the better things in music sometimes. didn't your kindergarten teacher tell you guys anything about cooperation?

cwm1.gif

I think in general it would be nice to here trance branch out the sources it uses for vocal sample. What about gospel, opera, old movies, and grunge rock? These aren't exactly the most obvious sources for dance music but I've heard amazing stuff because some dj said "what if.." without limiting themselves. just like weyes is suggesting. And of course that does not mean slapping a beat under a full shania song. It would take work, but man when you finally got that twang to kill after a jangley build up it would be somethin to be proud of.

------------------

b0107.jpg

In wonder, I wonder "What Happens Next?"- Selma

I think in general it would be nice to here trance branch out the sources it uses for vocal sample. What about gospel, opera, old movies, and grunge rock? These aren't exactly the most obvious sources for dance music but I've heard amazing stuff because some dj said "what if.." without limiting themselves. just like weyes is suggesting. And of course that does not mean slapping a beat under a full shania song. It would take work, but man when you finally got that twang to kill after a jangley build up it would be somethin to be proud of.

------------------

b0107.jpg

------------------

b0107.jpg

Totally agree with Wizard...

Just cuz we haven't heard it work yet, doesn't mean it won't or can't.

How do you think alot of the tribal got started.

Perhaps country/bluegrass wouldn't be exactly right for trance, but maybe some ohter more beat driven electronic form...

I'm looking forward to hearing new stuff...

------------------

furnace.gif