Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hey...is anyone gonna check out Boy George at Twilo next Wed?

Is he any good? What type of tracks does he spin?

I see at as a reason to go to my home a couple days early...but only if he is good....i mean...he has to be....Twilo booked him wink.gif

------------------

-----"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

-----"We where somewhere in the desert, near barstow....when the drugs began to kick in" -Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

lights!copy.jpgTrippintrance64sigcopy.jpglovepeacetwilo.jpg

AIM: fantom0680

I actually have a Ministry of Sound CD from '98 featuring Boy George and he's OK. You'll want to get up and shake your booty. In England people didn't seem to respond well to him accordning to some friends I have out there but England has it's own scene. Anyways Boy George is a legend. I wish I could go just to be int he same room with that man!!

I'm gonna cry cuz I can't cwm14.gif

------------------

piss.gif

Forget the gold I want the pot at the end of the rainbow...

I'll be there, I wanted to catch BG at Ministry of Sound a few years ago when I was in London and then found out he left the club due to arguments frown.gif

I loved his Ministry of Sound Annual II CD with Pete Tong..."You got to believe in something...why not believe in me" YES FOR ALL THE PEOPLE @ TWILO AND WANTED TO KNOW WHAT SONG THAT IS...IT'S ON THAT CD!!! smile.gif

Al, let's put a little roll call for this one, it'll be a blast.

- Pete

cool.gif

------------------

------------------------

flash.gif

Upcoming Shows: ???

My new web site...Version 1.04a

[url]http://www.naked-edge.com/schwinge.html

DJSchwinge@naked-edge.com

yes, I'm going! I feel like I'll be tempted though to ask him to stop spinning and just sing karma chamelion! haha

------------------

"what I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me" - DMB

Acheiving a "brief fleeting moment of sanity" through MethoDs of eMpAthy -

"Music is the answer to your problems" -

you can check him out every saturday on live webcasts from radio one, ive heard him on numerous occasions and he's got what it takes. mostly vocal house, and garage type stuff lately. judging from the broadcast tho, he has a lot of fun and interacts with the crowd, he says some funny shit too. i'll get the info on how and where to listen to these webcasts, it's either radio 1, or power fm, but i cant recall, my girl will tell me and i will relay the info. this way you may be able to decide if its for you or not.

be cool

------------------

we must cultivate our gardens...

Go check him out. To my surprise he spins really well... had me bopping and rolling. Pretty awesome I must say.

He didn't play vocals, no he didn't sing, and yes he sold out Giant when I was in Cali.

He played progressive house and trance. Dude knows how to spin I tell ya...

I would go if it wasn't on a bloody Wednesday.

------------------

Dreams - Action = Fantasy

Dreams + Action = Reality

Fantasy + Reality = Just look at my logo you crackheads...

ezlogo1.gif

Originally posted by wizard:

you can check him out every saturday on live webcasts from radio one, ive heard him on numerous occasions and he's got what it takes. mostly vocal house, and garage type stuff lately. judging from the broadcast tho, he has a lot of fun and interacts with the crowd, he says some funny shit too. i'll get the info on how and where to listen to these webcasts, it's either radio 1, or power fm, but i cant recall, my girl will tell me and i will relay the info. this way you may be able to decide if its for you or not.

be cool

Gawd, your such a kiss-ass rolleyes.gif (this disembodied head means I am rolling my eyes at you.), Drama Queen (that's you)

i saw him at Turnmills (the gallery) in London and thought he was alright... nowt special to be honest... mind u this was a good few years ago.

Would go, but wednesday is a school night and dunno if i'm allowed out that late.

Matt

------------------

ccox1.jpg

'Homelands - Winchester'

29th May 1999.

AIM: mattarrundale1

Originally posted by cazz926:

Gawd, your such a kiss-ass rolleyes.gif (this disembodied head means I am rolling my eyes at you.), Drama Queen (that's you)

well, i opted for the constructive side of things yesterday, instead of saying something to the effect of:

lets see, Twilo is known for, especially as of late, for bringing in top notch talent, why would they bring in Boy George if he sucks? Not to mention the fact that music is something you should make decisions about for yourself, so knowing that twilo brings in mad talent, just go and check it out, tell us what you think.

which response do you prefer?

------------------

we must cultivate our gardens...

Originally posted by wizard:

well, i opted for the constructive side of things yesterday, instead of saying something to the effect of:

lets see, Twilo is known for, especially as of late, for bringing in top notch talent, why would they bring in Boy George if he sucks? Not to mention the fact that music is something you should make decisions about for yourself, so knowing that twilo brings in mad talent, just go and check it out, tell us what you think.

which response do you prefer?

That would be a good answer, but you keep ignoring the biggest "pros":

* private ambulance (I hear it's just a van with ad for Digweed and a flashlight on the hood)

* your own room

* mind-blowing glowstick shows barricading the stairs

* farting discoball

* o.k. sound system

* the sweetest staff this side of the Mississippi

* reasonable door charge

Now, run along and incorporate that, missy!

-------------------------------------

we must masturbate in our garde...

Guest danwang

If his latest Essential Mix CD (which I'm sure he's trying to promote while in the US) is any indication of what he spins, you can hear sound samples of almost of all the tracks on CDNOW.