Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ARE YOU A CHILD OF THE 80'S..If you grew up in the 80's.. You will enjoy this

80's kid ova here!!!

Don't forget Thundercats, Jem and the Holograms, Punky Brewster....I can go on forever....

And to add to the ones who "had to come in the house when the street lights came on"

what about the block boundaries. I know if I went anywhere near the end of the block my mom was out yelling at me. She knew somehow.... cwm4.gif

By the way, Alf and Different Strokes are on TV Land (if anybody's interested)

------------------

trl.gif **All my girls at the party. Look at his body. Shakin that thing like you never did see. Got a nice package alright. Guess I'm gonna have to ride it tonight.** JaNeT It's here!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Dalfinus (edited 02-27-2001).]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I had a GT Performer!!!!!! WOW, everything you guys have mentioned just got me smiling. I guess I did enjoy my childhood after all!!! Hey, any of the other females, do you remember putting one flourescent sock over another so you could see both colors on your ankle??????? Terrible!!!! Thanks guys, that was awesome.

------------------

"what I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me" - DMB

Acheiving a "brief fleeting moment of sanity" through MethoDs of eMpAthy -

"Music is the answer to your problems" -

holy shit, you all just brought me back....

who remembers Corey Haim? what the hell happened to him?!?

and the pound puppies!

and those freezy freakies/freaky freezies, i was just thinking about them the other day and how I wish i had a pair.

whoever wrote that shit about intelevison..i had one too!

------------------

Var17.html

"A witty saying proves nothing."-Voltaire

Originally posted by zoom:

Freaky Freezies!

Definitely sure...

But...do you remember when your screenname was a TV show?? Yep, that's showin' my age!

------------------

blultbar.gifcathysignature.jpgblossom002_60.gif

"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions."

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

Originally posted by trippintrance64:

shit lets see....

Q-Bert

I was the Q-Bert MASTER!!

God, I feel bad for my kids when I think of the way things used to be. Especially w/ the "kick the can" and "manhunt" references...kids don't do that kind of stuff that much anymore, they grow up waaaay too fast now.

I remember when I was a kid I would go out at the crack of dawn and not come home until "the street lights came on"

With everything automated and computerized these days it doesn't leave much room for imagination.

------------------

"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions."

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

the reason stuff comes back in style and fashion every twenty years (do you remember how, in the nineties, people were wearing the embroidered seventies' bell bottoms, platforms, and clogs again, for a bit? that didn't last, praise be.) is 'cause the people who are in "deciding what's in" are reminiscing. someone mentioned earlier in this thread the blue eyeshadow; have you seen the ripped punk shirts that are currently on the runways? what about the atari and pac-man t-shirts the kids are wearing? we're getting nostalgic, and the young people who weren't around then wish they had been.

cool.

smile.gif

Originally posted by weyes:

the reason stuff comes back in style and fashion every twenty years (do you remember how, in the nineties, people were wearing the embroidered seventies' bell bottoms, platforms, and clogs again, for a bit? that didn't last, praise be.) is 'cause the people who are in "deciding what's in" are reminiscing. someone mentioned earlier in this thread the blue eyeshadow; have you seen the ripped punk shirts that are currently on the runways? what about the atari and pac-man t-shirts the kids are wearing? we're getting nostalgic, and the young people who weren't around then wish they had been.

cool.

smile.gif

I had a history teacher that pointed that out while I was in highschool in the 80's. It's true, in the 70's there was a HappyDays type 50's thing going on...in the 80's everyone wanted to be a 60's flower child...in the 90's those 70's bellbottoms came back...and in 2000, well, get out the hairspray girls we're going back to the 80's!! LOL cwm2.gif

I guess it's a way of people trying to recapture a time when their lives were simpler.

------------------

SIKE.....LMAO....SIKE.....LMAO....sike.....LMAO....sike...LMAO....SIKE...LMAO...SIKE...LMAOSIKE.....LMAO....SIKE.....LMAO....sike.....LMAO....sike...LMAO....SIKE...LMAO...SIKE...LM AOSIKE.....LMAO....SIKE.....LMAO....sike.....LMAO....sike...LMAO....SIKE...LMAO...SIKE...LMAOSIKE.....LMAO....SIKE.....LMAO....sike.....LMAO....sike...LMAO....SIKE...LMAO...SIKE... LMAO...SIKE.....LMAO....SIKE.....LMAO....sike.....LMAO....sike...LMAO....SIKE...LMAO...SIKE...LMAO......I LOVE U PEOPLE....Sike...LMAO...na seriously PLUR YAH...

::sitting quietly::

------------------

"Beware of PHAZON" world_hj50.jpg

"The Future is Now...

forget the past...presents gone until the gorgeous night.

.Outraged, mindblowing nightmares....end up..

in the never ending.. FIGHT"

logo.gif

Originally posted by weyes:

hey, i was wondering about this the other day, and you guys probably remember:

were the gloves that changed patterns when you got outside in the cold called "freezy freakies" or "freaky freezies"? i think they were the former, but i'm not sure.

man, i wish they still had those.

OMIGOD!!!! i had like three pairs of those gloves - they were my fav growing up! all this stuff brings back sooo many memories..... cwm20.gif

------------------

"i don't suffer from insanity i enjoy every minute of it" cwm3.gif

aim : TsteLkHuni

OK the freaky freezies reminded me of this for some reason:

one word for the girls: legwarmers cwm27.gif

------------------

Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron.....How about VOLTRON!!??? cwm35.gifcwm24.gifcwm35.gifcwm24.gif

------------------

guestlist info:

Exit fridays & Tunnel saturdays -Zeenon- guestlist

Originally posted by zeenon53:

Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron Voltron.....How about VOLTRON!!??? cwm35.gifcwm24.gifcwm35.gifcwm24.gif

Hey! I said that already!!! Ha ha ha ha......I'm glad someone else thought Voltron was the shit....... cwm12.gif

Mikey

------------------

"Some I consider my girlfriends, and some I just consider" - John Bender

Originally posted by vampienyc10:

You remember when Happy Meals came in a box,not a paper bag..

they don't have them in a box anymore??

I wouldn't know. don't eat fast food..

damn what a blast !

I remember Jem and rainbow brite.. my cabbage patch kids.. all million of them..

My little pony

Star Brite

Glo worm doll

strawberry shortcake doll

Raggedy Annie and Andy,

my casper the friendly ghost book,

clifford book,

putting heavy metal patches on my jean jacket,

using stiff stuff hairspray on my hair

slouchy socks,

mc hammer (diaper) pants

oh gawd !!

hey... everything said was exaclty what i was thinking.. i most have a collection of over 200 different "my little ponnies"... and more than half of those applyed to my childhood...it actually kinda scary how much things have changed...and im only 19 .... <3 RLQ

o yeah and about sat. night it only got better after we left.. ooo boy.... im still not speaking to him... <3 ya mama ttys cwm9.gif

------------------

MUZIK IS MY LIFE & DANCING IS MY LOVE...<3

Bionic Man- Woman

Starsky & Hutch

Baretta

Welcome Back Kotter..

American Bandstand....

And for us spanish folks that Dance show they gave in Channel 41.. Where they had couples competing from different towns in Mexico.. Does anyone remember it???

------------------

LiViNg BeYoNd PeRfEcTiOn

You know what "Sike" means.

You know the profound meaning of "Wax on,Wax off."

You know that another name for a keyboard is a "Synthesizer."

You can sing the McDonald's Big Mac,Filet-o-fish,quarterpounder,and French fry song.

You know who Mr. T is.

You know who Fat Albert is.

You ever wore fluorescent, neon clothing.

You could breakdance, or wish you could.

You wanted to be The Hulk for Halloween.

You Believed that "By the power of Greyskull, you HAD the power!"

Partying "like it's 1999" seemed SO far away.

You thought that Transformers were more than meets the eye.

You knew that knowing is half the battle.

You wanted to be on Star Search.

You can remember Michael Jackson when he Had hair.

You wore a banana clip at some point during your youth.

You remember the garbage pail kids, and owned some.

You knew what Willis was "talkin' 'bout.";& also "Rut row raggy"; "jinkies" and "Zoinks"

You HAD to have your MTV.

You actually thought "Dirty Dancing" was a REALLY good movie.

You remember when ATARI was a state of the art video game system.

You owned any cassettes.

You were led to believe that in the year 2000 we'd all be living on the moon.

You remember and/or owned any of the Care Bear Glass collection from Pizza Hut or the Muppets glasses from McDonalds

Poltergeist freaked you out.

You knew who Ben Stein was before you could win his money,"Bueller?"

You carried your lunch to school in a Gremlins, ET, Dukes of Hazzard,Knight Rider, Strawberry Shortcake or A-Team lunch box.

You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the ONLY female smurf.

You know what leg warmers are and probably had a pair.

You wore biker shorts underneath a short skirt and felt stylish.

You wore your Izod shirt with the collar up.

You had a Swatch Watch with the Swatch Guard.

Your Legos collection started with the free sets in a Happy Meal.

You remember when Happy Meals came in a box,not a paper bag.

You remember when Saturday Night Live was funny.

You had Wonder Woman or Superman underoos.

You know what a "Push Up" ice cream is.

You had to come in the house when the street lights came on.

You had to change into *play* clothes after school.

You owned, or knew somebody with a Commodore 64.

You hate Scrappy Doo.

You recorded songs off the radio with your boom box.

You wish you had a light saber.

Somehow you still know all the words to songs played on VH1's "Big 80's"

Your arm was full of rubber bracelets.

You have ever said, "Gag me with a spoon."

You have ever wondered what happened to Saturday morning cartoons.

You had to get up to change the channel.

You can still sing 1 to 12 from the Pinball machine on Sesame Street.

If you can identify with at least half of this list then you, my friend,are a "Child of the 80's".

------------------

LiViNg BeYoNd PeRfEcTiOn

Originally posted by mik-e_smilez:

the show everyone is talking about was Puttin' on the Hits. Not Puttin on the Lips.

mmm, i beg to differ, I am sure it was Putting On The Lips...it was a lipsyncing show...

------------------

girl10.gif

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

If you answer "Yes" to any of the following, you too are a part of the 80's!

Have you ever seen a movie with Corey Feldman/Haim or Molly Ringwald?

Did you know of River Phoenix before his drug habit and death?

Did you ever refer to an Apple IIe as "the best technology has to offer?"

Have you ever used the words: Gnarly, Rad, Tubular, Dude, or Boss?

Have you ever thought Madonna was like a virgin?

Have you ever stayed up all night playing the original Super Mario Brothers, Frogger, Pac-Man, or Space Invaders?

Did you ever try to do the "flying crane" while imitating Ralph Machio?

Have you ever blamed losing on being the pink hippo?

Did you ever try to memorize the McDonald's Menu Song?

Did you know the Artist formerly known as Prince when he was just Prince?

Did you ever idolize Ferris Bueller and think that Matthew Broderick was just as cool?

Have you ever gotten tennis elbow playing "pong" with those sweet twisting paddles?

Have you ever bought a slap bracelet? or put your pants in french cuffs?

Have you ever invested in a pair of parachute pants?

Have you ever wanted to ride in the Silver Spoons train?

Ever wonder why Hot Rod took over for Optimus Prime when some other transformer was put in charge in the movie?

Do you remember when Sargeant Slaughter was an action figure, cartoon figure, and a pro-wrestler?

Do you remember when MTV used to play music?

------------------

girl10.gif

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.