Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Friday the 13th. Armand Van Helden.

house is one way to describe Armand, but i bes histhink eclectic descri style better. he mixes all kinds of flavor into his music, including hip hop quite often.

i dig Armand for a long time, he's an excellent dj and producer, but he is ornary, and full of attitude. last time he was supposed to be at the Roxy on a friday night, he no showed and was seen at Vinyl checkin out danny. but that was a Scotto party, so who knows...

he doesnt get the respect he deserves in new york and is vocal about it. he's literally a god in europe.

rumor has it that he was slated for one of the bigger venues in ibiza the summer before last in the midst of the trance craze we were having, and he went up and started pumping a hip hop laced house set and they booed him outta there. (the effect he was he was looking for)

this party should be hot though, the people who set it up don't fool around.

be cool

------------------

don't act too cool because you might get shot...

house is one way to describe Armand, but i bes histhink eclectic descri style better. he mixes all kinds of flavor into his music, including hip hop quite often.

i dig Armand for a long time, he's an excellent dj and producer, but he is ornary, and full of attitude. last time he was supposed to be at the Roxy on a friday night, he no showed and was seen at Vinyl checkin out danny. but that was a Scotto party, so who knows...

he doesnt get the respect he deserves in new york and is vocal about it. he's literally a god in europe.

rumor has it that he was slated for one of the bigger venues in ibiza the summer before last in the midst of the trance craze we were having, and he went up and started pumping a hip hop laced house set and they booed him outta there. (the effect he was he was looking for)

this party should be hot though, the people who set it up don't fool around.

be cool

------------------

don't act too cool because you might get shot...

ive heard hes pretty good.. what kinda music does he spin?

------------------

"that pigeon is standing there like a f*ckin asshole!"

"i am mo jo jo jo!!"

"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with."

AIM---> PrncssVrnc

email---> PrncssVrnc@aol

aight thats cool.. .maybe ill go check it out.. but just cuz u said he was good cwm20.gif

------------------

"i am mo jo jo jo!!"

"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with."

AIM---> PrncssVrnc

email---> PrncssVrnc@aol

I hate him and he doesn't spin trance ??????

Plus on top of that he's a prejudice little fucker!!!

------------------

An bag of KB's $50

A glass bubbler $85

A lighter $ 1

Getting HIGH PRICELESS

"WAKE UP TO FIND OUT THAT YOU ARE THE EYES OF THE WORLD" - Grateful Dead

I dont know bout him being prejudice, but joey I gotta say that trance is not really his style. He spins funky hard house, and he is not ok, he is fucking GREAT!! Heard his set in miami, he tore crobar apart!

------------------

vip.gif

herbert_kornfeld_t.gif

Accountz Reeceevin' Ain't For No Candy-Ass Temps

Woohooo!! I may check it out. He's def not trance, more funky, old-school house w/ disco/ hip-hop roots...

I've heard his 2000 set from WMC and it was hot!

------------------

Can you feel that rhythm moving through your system?

I read an article in mix and he said first off that he hates trance, "he thinks it's wimpy white people music." He trashed white poeple up and down = backwards and forwards.

I know he's a good DJ but I don't like what he stands for - so I think HE BLOWS GOATS!

------------------

An bag of KB's $50

A glass bubbler $85

A lighter $ 1

Getting HIGH PRICELESS

Originally posted by exodust:

down girl!! wow... is he really that bad?

------------------

"i am mo jo jo jo!!"

AIM---> PrncssVrnc

email---> PrncssVrnc@aol

Originally posted by majesticmelodi:

down girl!! wow... is he really that bad?

Sorry i have beef with this dude - I'm calm now. He's a good DJ I just don't like what he is all about personally.

Blue - I wouldn't say Techno - I'd say more house/funk soulfull stuff. But then again it's all in the opinion ya know?

------------------

An bag of KB's $50

A glass bubbler $85

A lighter $ 1

Getting HIGH PRICELESS

funny, cause pretty much a majority of the clubbers that go out to see him (or any other house dj) are white. Maybe he was just having a bad day and blamed the MAN. What nationality is he?

he's definitely house blue.

------------------

vip.gif

herbert_kornfeld_t.gif

Accountz Reeceevin' Ain't For No Candy-Ass Temps

geez jump down my throat !

i would say he on the progressive house tip .. ( hard house possibly) which is border line trance ... the last cd i heard from him was def on the trancey tip ... i dont know anything about his personality really ... none the less i think i'ma go ...

------------------

Your ad here !

contact joeydollaz@aol.com

Originally posted by joeydollaz:

geez jump down my throat !

i would say he on the progressive house tip .. ( hard house possibly) which is border line trance ... the last cd i heard from him was def on the trancey tip ... i dont know anything about his personality really ... none the less i think i'ma go ...

God I'm a bitch today - you'll have to excuse me, I'm not usually like this. Sowwy! cwm36.gif

------------------

An bag of KB's $50

A glass bubbler $85

A lighter $ 1

Getting HIGH PRICELESS

I read an article in mix and he said first off that he hates trance, "he thinks it's wimpy white people music." He trashed white poeple up and down = backwards and forwards.

I think he is white. Dutch and Turkish, maybe? Anyway he's insecure because he wants to be respected by hip-hip, but he's not black. It's the same as the Eminem self-hatred routine. He wants to be something he's not, while discounting what he's good at: HOUSE.

I also think he wants the europeans to think he's tough. Killing Puritans is bangin' though.