Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oakie spins GOA! (Has anyone heard this CD?)

Ok so I'm thumbing trough the latest Mixer mag and I just ran into an add for "a voyage into Trance" a continouse mix of Goa by non other than Oakie himself!

It's on Hypnotic records and it's got some preaty phat tracks from what I can read (Teleport,LCD,fat buddah etc..)

Has anyone heard this cd?

I love Oakie's style on his other CDs (Yea, yea I know HE"S COMERCIAL but who are we kidding..the word is out about all ganras now..it's not like ten years ago people. EVERYONE"S COMERCIAL NOW!..)

In any case I'd love to hear Oakie's take on Goa since I think Goa parties are about the funnest fuck'n parties around these days..

Any one have a review?

Comments?

Anyone Wanna vent about how they hate Oakie because he spins U2 into a mix and dosen't spin progessively down bpm K-hole style enough?

Anyone?

------------------

Sigcopy.jpg

yea bro i heard voyage into trance i thought i was ok, its kinda dark tho, he spins mostly Perfecto Flouro on that, his darker label, but about him spinning U2, what tha fuck is wrong with that? the man is fuckng brilliant, his Under a blood red sky mix was incredible, and U2 is a great band, fuck all the commercial non sense, they may be commercial, but who else made With or With out You, and Streets with no name? Oakey is god, the most talented dj in the world hands down! cwm11.gif

------------------

perf_russ.gif

-u menya seychas odna problema, nauchit tebya dvigat telom-

Ahhh yes....

No beef with me, The man is brilliant

Both as a PRODUCER and DJ!

But I know that some of you out there that like to think that Trance is still some mysteriouse new sound that is only good for parties in sub way tunnels for the very secret illitist trend mafia.

ANY COMERCIAL PLAY IS BAAAAD!

Well guess what!?

SURPRISE!

Techno in all it's forms has had the lid blown off it's mystery looong ago buddies!

Just cuz you went to your first rave last year in some gym in the Bronx dosent meen it's a secret underground thaaang!

those Djs that spin in Twilo and else where all at some point or another heard of Oakie, spun Oakie or secretly (against their "underground" code) Bought an Oakie Cd..

He IS great just as others are...

and with out him half..nay I rephrase, MOST of the Euro Trance thing wouldn't have exploded in America like it did a few years ago..

So you wouldn't be tweeking on e at S&D or PVD..without the Man!

(OK I feel better now..Mugz takes a loong breath after venting like that..)

Now where were we?

Oh yes..Oakie and Goa--->

Discuss

------------------

Sigcopy.jpg

Yeh, I've heard that album before... Very good BTW... Oh, and if ur into Oakie's GOA, u should check out Oakenfold GOa Mix Silver (I got it off napster)... Very cool Goa mix by the man...

IMO - It's good to see some hedz w respect for Oakie... I still do respect the man a lot, he is up there in My #1 podium along w 4 more, but there has been all this massive Oakie Bashing lately, it's just good to see some ppl who really do still appreciate Trance's MAIN man! hehe

Saw him Twice 2 weeks ago!! hehehe

at Ultrafest and then @ Shadow Lounge the following night! still go the distance to see the man perform...

cwm35.gif

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

s_shot%202.jpgsaloop2.gifs_shot8.jpg

Oakie MAINLY played Goa at one point.

They used to have some very good free parties in the hills outside Ibiza town...

before he jumped on the bandwagon, but you don't get tobe the higest payed DJ in the world by playing for the fringes. He has still got it though, i remember when he was the resident in the Anex at Cream. He was superb.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

I have perfecto flouro..and have heard those other mixes...and I wouldn't exactly classify them as Goa...

you wanna hear goa..get some return to the source cds...

------------------

" I give in to sin ..Because you have to make this life liveable "-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

Yea...I DO have "Return to the Souce" mixes

Been to maaany older Source parties..

and Tsunami...

and synthetic...

and.........

But My question was about Oakie's Goa mix..

according to Hypnotic records (who do have a rep for putting out Goa mixes)

it IS an Oakie Goa mix.

(?)

------------------

Sigcopy.jpg

mugwump, i love goa too but it's just not as predominant as some other genres. i haven't heard of this particular oakie cd that you mention, but have you heard oakie in oslo? it's a double cd set and one is black (the one that i think you would like) and the other is red (which i don't care for).

Just wanted to say, that if you're going to get one of Oakenfold's goa sets, get the one from 94 [not the silver one from 97]. It's much better, in my opinion...

BTW, what other DJs spun goa when it was back in its prime (late 80s-early 90s, so i'm told)? I've heard Weatherall did some, but that's all I know...

i predict this cd will go to the number one postion on the billboard 200 chart. this is the one that will bring electronic music to the masses and crossover! it will be the new pop. cwm32.gif

------------------

06.gif

Hey Mr. DJ put a record on, i wanna dance with my baby!

hey, thanks Jilly!! I was coming to that.

Voyage into trance, and watever else of Oakie`s Goa that I heard was good, yes I`ll admit tht, but even after 3-4 years of having heard it, I`m still left trying to figure out what it has to do with Goa.

BTW, RTTS is cool, now that`s some real kick ass goa. Also try TIP world, Spirit Zone and Twisted.

Originally posted by goldenman:

i predict this cd will go to the number one postion on the billboard 200 chart. this is the one that will bring electronic music to the masses and crossover! it will be the new pop. cwm32.gif

you know what is what?!

you just don't know what is that...

you just traut... WHAT THE FUCK?!?

cwm23.gifcwm26.gifcwm23.gif

------------------

Me More X!!!

How about Juno Reactor?

You guys ever head of them?

I think they are Goa...I have one of their cd's...it's thumpin'...

Also, check out the Tsunami parties...they are psy-trance and Goa...

------------------

furnace.gif

"Concentrate, it's in your reach..."

post a topic on goa, and I`ll fly to it like bees to honey biggrin.gif

My favorite topic, and my fav form of music.

furnace, Juno Reactor IS good, and its Goa... more on the ambient side, more for an after morning-session chill out, but really good.

I personally prefer the noisier stuff, like Space Tribe, Wizzy Noise, Dark Soho, Sun Project.... I`ll put in some names here for anyone who`s interested in checking goa out.

Shakta

Cosmosis

Growling Mad Scientists

Infected Mushroom

Yumade

Shiva Chandra

Shiva Shidapu

Stanley Shanti and the Chillum Wallahs

Toi Doi

KURO

Hux Flux

Kox Box

Double Dragon

Atmos

That should be a good way to start for anyone who`s interested.

------------------

mamat3.jpg

Thanks guys!

Glad to know this thread is still alive!

Must agree with most of you about Goa being the shhhhhhit!

My fav parties...

my fav type of trance...

my fav scene!

Perhaps we can organize a GOA HEADZ meeting before a party sometime.

Let's plan on the next Tsunami party perhaps..

Hey LEX..

Where are YOU on this one?

(hope everything's ok at home..still want to see your freckles in the black light some time soon.)

------------------

Sigcopy.jpg

Originally posted by memorex:

you know what is what?!

you just don't know what is that...

you just traut... WHAT THE FUCK?!?

fool im joking cwm4.gif read between the lines! cwm21.gifcwm22.gifcwm23.gif

------------------

06.gif

Hey Mr. DJ put a record on, i wanna dance with my baby!

From what i hear of the Cd it was ok, not what i would call Goa Trance, or Psytrance. It was ok tho. Of course Goa and Psytrance have come a long way, so it is more of a psedo-throwback to what Goa was, but it still not very GOa. Of course if you compare it it to Oakenfold's normal tracks, than it is Goa in comparison.

In other news a Goa meetup would be cool.

cwm11.gif

------------------

'i wish U Heaven'

"People who talk in metaphors should shampoo my crotch"

"and remember Kids, You Can't spell cracKed out with K"

aol IM=MikE420DKE