Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Twilo cards?

I think they're STUPID! cwm25.gif Just another way for Twilo to make some quick cash.

What good is a card if it's not good for nights like tomorrow. Also, what DOES that card get you? Faster entrance?? To what? The only nights that you have to wait in line at Twilo is PVD or S&D nights. Or maybe special ocassions like DT nights. Other than that . . . there is HARDLY any line at Twilo.

What other benefits do you get? Any free drinks or reduced admission? None. Enough said.

cwm1.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

“Self-image sets the boundaries of individual accomplishment." — Maxwell Maltz

boobielogo2.jpg

Originally posted by blueangel:

I think they're STUPID! cwm25.gif Just another way for Twilo to make some quick cash.

What good is a card if it's not good for nights like tomorrow. Also, what DOES that card get you? Faster entrance?? To what? The only nights that you have to wait in line at Twilo is PVD or S&D nights. Or maybe special ocassions like DT nights. Other than that . . . there is HARDLY any line at Twilo.

What other benefits do you get? Any free drinks or reduced admission? None. Enough said.

cwm1.gif

BlueAngel

Uhm. Bitter?

They do work on every night. Benefits are to come for the regular card. Discounts, quicker entrance, etc....

Talk about bashing something before it begins.

------------------

blacksunrising2.gifmyrlinpic2.jpg

The Future is what you make of it.....Dreams are powerful

Guest danwang

Does anyone know if these are good for a year? Or for life (as long as you're good smile.gif )?

Let's just say it's for a year - if you go more than 7 times in a year, then you'll make up the difference and start saving $.

I wonder if they include Wednesdays, in which case that would essentially be a comp.

btw Has anyone been to a "private" or "members-only" event at Twilo? If so, details please.

------------------

We're alive, take a breath

We're alive, take a deep breath

Originally posted by danwang:

I wonder what will happen if the number of people buying cards is more than the max capacity of the club...

I also wonder if it might have an effect on people who travel great distances for a particular night. Don't they (at least those who aren't "tourists") add a little bit of flavor to the club? At the last PvD night, I overheard someone saying that he came all the way from Germany just for that event! Anyways, it certainly would suck if they came all the way and found out they couldn't get in.

totally agree with you - discriminates against tourists who (i think) are cool to have in the club.

it's just twilo trying to rip people off again. b**tards. on the plus side it will mean they can't give you shit if you're asian or a bloke with no girls.

------------------

* i love sex always&forever *

and they tell me that women grow on trees

and if you catch them right they will land upon their knees

AIM: F1LTHYSLAG

hmmmm. can't decide which way to go. If they limit the # of people inside i'll go for it. I havent had a good time at PVD in a while. But if you show up with a group of people and you're the only one who has the card, they have to wait who knows how long and you might get split up for a while. But its not the first time i've wasted money at Twilo and wont be the last. Plus i'll be in the area for the car show across the street at the Jacob Javits Center. decisions, decisions...

------------------

"1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21 ....Mathematics is the language of nature" --BT

AIM: teklord310

Originally posted by bluestar:

Got the e-mail this morning, I think they are worth it if you go alot...which I do (too much)!

I think i'll buy one...are they good for one year?

can you or anyone else forward me that email please at Evaluna18@aol.com

------------------

GrowingSunFlower.gif

"Luna, thank you so much!"

Well after all that whining, I went and got mine - #33! I was hoping to get something cool like 007, but...

Anyway, my view on the tourist issue: I feel for them, but frankly I would rather have room for myself.

------------------

it's funny until somebody gets hurt. and then it's even funnier.

It's understandable for peeps to think it is just Twilo trying to make more money but I don't agree with that.......yea, they might get some kickback but.......

1. Every offer that Twilo has made to its clubbers lately has been legit like the vip parties with comps and free drinks all night.......no gimic there.

2. It does cost money to make these cards, especially with a picture on them.....maybe no $35 but the equipment to do it isn't butt cheap......

3. Yea maybe you can get around the line on bigger nights by going at 11 or 5:30 but with the card you will be able to show at any time with no line......

4. These cards are obviously worth it for people who go to Twilo VERY OFTEN.......if you go once in a blue then off course it's not worth it.......the email even says at the top "Attention Twilo regulars".......not for once a monthers.......

5. There will be more special parties arising that will be only for peeps with the card........that may be a lie but it all depends on what you believe.......from the way they are doing things lately, I think it is legitimate.......

I'm getting one.......

Mikey

------------------

"I don't want a piece....I want the whole thing....." - Bob Barker

further to that

They will be running a seperate entrace for card holders... therefore there's the cost of another cashier, more security to run the second line and czech ID and search you. There are some legitimate costs the club will need to cover.

Guest danwang

Originally posted by spoonyd:

further to that

They will be running a seperate entrace for card holders... therefore there's the cost of another cashier, more security to run the second line and czech ID and search you. There are some legitimate costs the club will need to cover.

Are there any Twilo regulars who aren't well-behaved?

Paying $35 won't change a thug, but I would imagine the people who would get the most out of the card, i.e. the regulars, would be doing the least in causing trouble for security and the rest of the club.

Well, I guess drugs might be the main thing, if anything...

------------------

We're alive, take a breath

We're alive, take a deep breath

Originally posted by tyco:

yep......okay, so is anyone getting one tomorrow by any chance? An "OFFICIAL Twilo Card Purchasing Meetup".. rolleyes.gif.. wink.gif

Mikey

thinking about maybe going over and grabbing one on lunch...hell, they get all of my money anyway, why not just add to it any kind of perks would definately offset the cost...does anyone know if it will be a comp on the wednesday party series??

------------------

sig being held for ransom by estranged ex-stalker...more at 10

so...how's your evening so far?

Done and purchased mine...If there is any difference in the wait line on one rainy night, the damn fool thing paid for itself.

QUITCHERBITCHIN....get it if you go.

If not sign on the list on CP or somewhere else, save your $5 and wait in line.

j.

Feelin pissed tonight, but that is another thread.

------------------

JDogg

AIM: JDoggNY2000

redbullducati.jpg

Originally posted by blueangel:

Hey, just because I posted about it, doesn't mean that I think it's worth it! I posted for the discussion.

It's supposed to automatically put you on the house <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> (which closes at 2am) and guarantee (?) entrance before 4 am.

I tend to avoid special occasions (like this weekend), and rarely go to Twilo before 2 am anyway, so to me it's pretty much worthless.

------------------

it's funny until somebody gets hurt. and then it's even funnier.

Originally posted by myrlin:

Uhm. Bitter?

They do work on every night. Benefits are to come for the regular card. Discounts, quicker entrance, etc....

Talk about bashing something before it begins.

Claudio, why would I be bitter. I got one in the mail. It says on the back that you're still obligated to pay the full admission fee and that this card will not be effective for tomorrow night. It doesn't list any incentives but a faster entrance.

I just don't see the point of it.

BlueAngel

------------------

boobielogo2.jpg

Point is...

Starting this weekend, the club is promising to severly limit admission on special event nights.

This would ensure your entry into a club that has room to dance on nights that have been traditionally too packed to move.

Casey...I have to respectuflly disagree with you on this one.

If you just go 7 times on reduced, saving 5 bucks each time, it already has paid for itself.

And there are other side benefits, such as special parties, shorter lines, and guaranteed admission. You won't have to wait in line for 2 hours and then leave fustrated like last PVD (that happened to one of my friends).

I tend to avoid these nights too because of the crowding, but with the card in effect, as Spoony said, there should be more room to dance. But even if you go on normal non-crazy nights it still saves you time and money.

No brainer for me...

cwm12.gif

------------------

furnace.gif

"Concentrate, it's in your reach..."

Originally posted by spoonyd:

Point is...

Starting this weekend, the club is promising to severly limit admission on special event nights.

This would ensure your entry into a club that has room to dance on nights that have been traditionally too packed to move.

So, you're saying that from now on they're REALLY going to abide by their maximum occupancy? If that's the case then a card like this will most definately be worth it.

However, time will tell.

BlueAngel

------------------

boobielogo2.jpg