Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's the most commonly used language?

Ok not really looking for the right answer, more who says what. It's something I was reading about in a psychology book.

Anyway it's not English, Chinese, German etc it's NOTHING like that. Language is defined as a way of communicating, doesn't have to be words, just a way of communicating.

SO what do you think?

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

that would be the language of la la love!!

but no, language is not only comprise of spoken words. i learned all about this in my speech path. courses. aural language is only one method of communication .....deaf people rely on many factors to communicate, sign-language, lip reading, body language, facial expression, etc.....as for the most commonly used language, well i'm gonna have to go think about that one for a while and get back to you!

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny with spring fever!!!

uknj@aol.com

So, you are asking about non-verbal communication as opposed to verbal. Because the linguistic anthro classes I was in would prompt me to say "mandarin".

If you mean non-verbal, then I would have to say "facial cues" since we're primates.

------------------

...and in a mystery to be

(when time from time shall set us free)

forgetting me, remember me

-e. e. cummings

AOL IM: petrol01

Well it doesn't have to be verbal.. English can be written so it can be verbal or non atr the same time.

Anyway it's going pretty well so far...

I am not sure this works on a bulitin board because people get to see the answers other people posted.

Anyway what the book says is the most women say emotions (or as people have put here body language), even some animals have emotions and ALL humans have them.

Most men would say, as rob did, some computer language OR decimal (as decimal is a way of explaining or comunicating things and is therefore a language).

------------------

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

i dont think that there are more than 885 million people that communicate in a way other than mandarin chinese, which is the #1 language (Spanish and english are next with 332 and 322 million respectivly)

------------------

Computers are useless, they can only give

you answers. ~Pablo Picasso~

Originally posted by starcapone:

what book were u reading???

It's just a book i got on an open univercity course from the UK. It's just course material.

Momadance everybody uses body language, when you smile people know your happy, when your sad people just know it. We pick up on small signs.

The book also goes on to say that the frontal lobe is the part that reads body language. It's not a concious thing and woman use this part of the brain much more than men. It says that quiet a few women thing they are pshycic because they are picking up on things without actually thinking about them. How many time have you herd a women say 'i just knew that was going to happen' or how many women have KNOWN their boyfreind is cheating? There are small things they pick up on and it just seems like the just know it, when it's just there '7th sence' telling them. They actually refer to it as mind reading and in effect it is.

------------------

b2b6.GIF

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Well it doesn't have to be verbal.. English can be written so it can be verbal or non atr the same time.

Anyway it's going pretty well so far...

I am not sure this works on a bulitin board because people get to see the answers other people posted.

Anyway what the book says is the most women say emotions (or as people have put here body language), even some animals have emotions and ALL humans have them.

Most men would say, as rob did, some computer language OR decimal (as decimal is a way of explaining or comunicating things and is therefore a language).

are you familiar at all with the theory about "EQ"?? EQ means emotional quotient, and... (there was an excellent article in the times magazine several years back that turned me onto this)... in a nutshell, it explains that a simple IQ test is not a sufficient judge of a persons intelligence entirely, and that the way people feel and interpret their own and others emotions should also be included in a true measure of a persons knowledge (if you will) as a whole. essentially it's a matter of perception. i'll drop you the title of the book i read on this theory a while back, it's interesting and relative to what you're asking here.

be cool

------------------

don't act too cool because you might get shot...

In my Anthro courses we discussed 'g', which is a composite and adjusted score from a range of IQ-like tests and is (probably) a much better indication of intellectual capacity. As always, the caveat exists, we could be wrong.

------------------

-e. e. cummings

In my Anthro courses we discussed 'g', which is a composite and adjusted score from a range of IQ-like tests and is (probably) a much better indication of intellectual capacity. As always, the caveat exists, we could be wrong.

------------------

-e. e. cummings

Yeah it's true about this EQ thing. People who get straight A's through college tend to be socially inept. The most intelligent people I know have all had problems understanding people.

It's like autism, they carnet read emotions or situation correctly. But as a result the logical areas of the brain become more tuned. So they tend to have great memory's or have incredible math skills.

------------------

b2b6.GIF

Is anybody here familar with the study being

done on baby "babble" and the possibility

that it might be the key to the development

of human language?

------------------

"Smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks."

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Ok not really looking for the right answer, more who says what. It's something I was reading about in a psychology book.

Anyway it's not English, Chinese, German etc it's NOTHING like that. Language is defined as a way of communicating, doesn't have to be words, just a way of communicating.

SO what do you think?

that would be math... even alien's use Math as a source of communication...

------------------

mouse.gif

I love everyone today!