Clubplanet Nightlife Community

is it better to love, or to be loved?

Originally posted by sillylittlename:

Without question, it is better TO love than be loved. Afterall, how could we even recognize love if we haven't felt it for someone else...

cwm37.gif

Thats my girl-I couldn't have said it better myself.

cwm38.gif

------------------

As I dance I create my own language... with every beat of my heart is the music I will dance through life to.

Originally posted by deanna11:

i don't believe there's such a thing as unconditional love

There is unconditional love

It is just that it is extremly rare

between lovers(unfortunatly).

For example love for ones

child is unconditional cwm7.gifcwm7.gifcwm7.gif

Originally posted by frodo:

There is unconditional love

It is just that it is extremly rare

between lovers(unfortunatly).

For example love for ones

child is unconditional

disagreed. despite this being the CLOSEST to "unconditional" that can exist, there is an unspoken wish that the object of your so-called-unconditional-love behave a certain way (whether it be a lover/spouse/child/parent/whatever), and thus posing a "condition" after all.

------------------

nessie1.jpg

"Nessie"

Originally posted by loch:

disagreed. despite this being the CLOSEST to "unconditional" that can exist, there is an unspoken wish that the object of your so-called-unconditional-love behave a certain way (whether it be a lover/spouse/child/parent/whatever), and thus posing a "condition" after all.

Double Disagreed smile.gif

You may hope or have an unspoken desire that the object of your love behave a certain way, but that is def. not a *condition* of love. My kids could behave in any manner and I would still love them.

I can't imagine anything that would make me stop loving either of them. That doesn't mean I will always agree with or condone what they might do.

You couldn't possibly understand unless you have a child of your own. And even then, I don't feel it is something that *all* parents feel. I think it has a lot to do with the way you were raised.

I KNOW for a fact that my parents love me unconditionally.

------------------

cathysignature.jpgblossom002_60_16256.gif

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

I think it is better to be loved than love in some ways. I am falling for a girl right now, but she isn't falling as hard for me. That isn't feeling so good.

Loch: Very well said when you said that love is like a tragic greek hero. Right on the money.

------------------

Living in a constant state of trance......

For me it's better to love. I've loved before and never got it in return but I got over it fast. I can't imagine someone loving me and I couldn't return it for some reason. That would hurt me. It's hurting me now and I can't fix it. I would never want to hurt anyone like that.

------------------

The Woods Are Lovely, Dark & Deep

But I Have Promises To Keep And Miles to Go Before I Sleep..

Robert Frost