Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Could you lead a simpler life??

I know what you mean. I don't think that I amn addicted to stress-I can do without that. But there is a certain energy that the city holds-a fast pace that yes I can't live without.

When I visit friends in small towns I get almost spooked and feel like I am in a Twilight Zone episode cwm1.gif

------------------

As I dance I create my own language... with every beat of my heart is the music I will dance through life to.

Good question smile.gif I COULD but would I WANT to...no way! Even New Orleans is too slow for me, and there are things to do here...just not enough of them. This "city" is more like a small town, way too laid-back until Mardi Gras & Jazz Fest roll around. Can't imagine being happy somewhere where the pace of life is s l o w e r than this!

------------------

=)

reginadp121@aol.com

A certain ammount of stress keeps things interesting. I used to live in NC, and although it was a simpler life (and much less expensive), it lacked a certain sense of "living" I guess. I went back recently to visit old friends, and although it was relaxing, it was missing something very important. Maybe it was the stress that was missing (or maybe it was Twilo). The stress is a by-product of the excitement. I wouldn't change it for the world. Living a more simple life is not necessarily living a better one in my opinion.

------------------

Living in a constant state of trance......

Originally posted by ReginaP:

Good question smile.gif I COULD but would I WANT to...no way! Even New Orleans is too slow for me, and there are things to do here...just not enough of them. This "city" is more like a small town, way too laid-back until Mardi Gras & Jazz Fest roll around. Can't imagine being happy somewhere where the pace of life is s l o w e r than this!

Your life couldn't get any simpler wink.gif

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Guest boyfrombklyn

Nope, I can't see myself living a simpler life. I'm having way too much fun. I love the life that I'm living now. If anything, it'll just get more complex, which will just make it more fun. I tried the simple life by moving to southern Cali in October just to find myself back in NYC 5 months later. And let me tell you, I'll never leave NYC again!

What you miss in the simple life is the constant activity, the constant stimulation. Whether it comes from running back and forth between 100 different things during the day or literally being in a club, listening to your music while working, that's pretty much absent when you live a simpler life. Ibiza could be an exception (obvious reasons), but we've become accustomed to all this activity. Once you go, you can't go back. I had to go back to my family's sedate life in the suburbs a few years back (financial reasons), and it was pure torture.

------------------

00197677.jpg

I was joking w/ my b/f the other day about going to the midwest and working/living on a farm, just to make life simpler. Now of course that was an extreme example but, it made me think. I don't think that I could EVER lead a simple life. I have always lived in this area and find that even when visiting my uncle in Tenn. after a few days I am pulling my hair out.

It's beautiful down there and the people are incredibly nice, but, I can't be there more than a few days.

I'm always stressed...could it be that I like stress?? I think I have become incapable of living without stress. That's scary!

------------------

cathysignature.jpgblossom002_60_16256.gif

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

I just returned from a trip to a small south Florida town, spent the time with my grandparents... It was wonderful and since my return I have not really gotten back into the swing of things again. I think about leaving the NY area at times, I do not think I will be here until I die, I guess I will know when I am ready to leave...... Also, not sure if it is really all that simpler, just VERY different... Even small towns have their stress.... Just my $.02 for the week... smile.gif

------------------

Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward.

i would kill for a little simplicity rite about now....things r just getting too complicated for me.....i would love to run away to a remote island with a few special people and do nothing but relax....oh well ime to snap of my daydream

------------------

i was alone thinking i was just fine,

i wasnt looking for anyone to be mine,

i thought love was just a fabrication,

a train that wouldnt stop at my station,

home, alone, that was my consignment,

solitary confinement,

So when we met i was getting around u,

i didnt know i was looking for love till i found u...