Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Merrill Lynch laying off big time!!!

If you are an IT individual @ Merrill (or anywhere for that matter) and get laid off then feel free to send ur resume to me @ boa_boy@yahoo.com........I'm an IT recruiter BTW

Otherwise if you're non-IT and need help in job searching or putting together a resume or whatever then drop me an email as well........I'm happy to help cwm1.gif

------------------

New Residency! Every Friday @ Vinyl ;-) .................. boa_boy@yahoo.com YIM boa_boy AIM boaboyOZ

FUCK!!

My ex husband works in the tech area for Merrill. Anthony, where are you? NY or Jersey City?

Jesus Christ, that would be my luck! Court date next week, they'd finally make him send some $$ for the kids, then boom...his job is gone.

I hope he doesn't lose it cwm31.gif

As much as I can't stand him, I need him to help out monetarily!

------------------

cathysignature.jpgblossom002_60_16256.gif

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

AIM: cathyoNYC

I got hired in November to work for the Private Client Technology Division and I start training in July.......

now I'm nervous........I hope I don't get canned before I even start.......

tyco

------------------

"I don't want a piece....I want the whole thing....." - Bob Barker

not to worry tyco...here's why

They try not to fire new college hires in cut backs; it REALLY hurts recruiting. JPM did it in '94 when the shite hit and they are still paying for it. More importantly, the goal is not to reduce headcount, but to trim costs and try to pare down the earnings hits in this down market. The first people to go are the half million dollar VPs. Since your salary basically a rounding error compared to theirs, it is hard to justify letting you go.

Also, Private Client is a good place to be. ML's fat retail broker network is fucking them right now, so expect more deep cuts there. Private Client is a growing market that all the big banks are keying on right now. All the rich folk are scared shitless and feel more comfortable handing their money over to pros that working it themselves. you should be ok *crosses fingers* enjoy the summer wink.gif

---cheeks

------------------

"If ever you realize that what you are watching is, in fact, a play within

a play, sit back, relax, and HOLD ON FOR THE RIDE ON YOUR LIFE!"

Originally posted by boa_boy:

If you are an IT individual @ Merrill (or anywhere for that matter) and get laid off then feel free to send ur resume to me @ boa_boy@yahoo.com........I'm an IT recruiter BTW

Otherwise if you're non-IT and need help in job searching or putting together a resume or whatever then drop me an email as well........I'm happy to help cwm1.gif

I need a It Job but in CT!

------------------

IT IS NICE TO BE IMPORTANT BUT IS MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE!

aol IM- djfabioc

EXIT -G U E S T L I S T guestlis@optonline.net

Guest danwang

Originally posted by cathyo:

Jesus Christ, that would be my luck! Court date next week, they'd finally make him send some $$ for the kids, then boom...his job is gone.

Clubber with kids? A new thing to me smile.gif

------------------

We're alive, take a breath

We're alive, take a deep breath

Originally posted by cheeks:

not to worry tyco...here's why

They try not to fire new college hires in cut backs; it REALLY hurts recruiting. JPM did it in '94 when the shite hit and they are still paying for it. More importantly, the goal is not to reduce headcount, but to trim costs and try to pare down the earnings hits in this down market. The first people to go are the half million dollar VPs. Since your salary basically a rounding error compared to theirs, it is hard to justify letting you go.

Also, Private Client is a good place to be. ML's fat retail broker network is fucking them right now, so expect more deep cuts there. Private Client is a growing market that all the big banks are keying on right now. All the rich folk are scared shitless and feel more comfortable handing their money over to pros that working it themselves. you should be ok *crosses fingers* enjoy the summer wink.gif

---cheeks

That's bulls**t. The first people to be fired at my company were the college grads, since there were more of them, and it gave them the #'s of layoffs they were looking for. Remember it's the VPs who are in charge of the layoffs. They back each other up, and in my case, ALL of them stayed until the very end. Just telling you my experience. It's all buddy-buddy, and not about the bottom line...

------------------

00197677.jpg

I was strictly talking about bulge-bracket firms like ML, at the chop shops you are certainly correct. btw, its the 4 million dollar MDs who make the layoff decision, not the half million $ VPs. think about it, what more productive for the same cost savings, 1 VP or 9 analysts? I also forgot one thing; I was only talking about "revenue jobs" ie investment banking, trading, etc. Back office jobs like operations and accounting are fair game.

---cheeks

------------------

"If ever you realize that what you are watching is, in fact, a play within

a play, sit back, relax, and HOLD ON FOR THE RIDE ON YOUR LIFE!"

[This message has been edited by cheeks (edited 04-20-2001).]

OH MY GOSH!! some peeps from work whom I've worked with just got laid off.I'm sitting on needles and pins right now,Technology area which I work in are getting hit the hardest,so between now and next Wednesday will I still have a job,only 38 years old and been with Merrill for 18 years.

Well honey life goes on......I hear Junior calling.

Peace

------------------

13 wild years of Junior Vasquez!!! DROP A HOUSE ON THAT BITCH!!!

I don't know, but I'm getting real tired of seeing brokers after brokers being pulled into the conference room to be told that they are being let go. cwm6.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

“Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.” - Roy Goodman

BlueAngellogo.jpg