Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question for the ladies.....please help!!!!!!

Have you tried Cache at any of the malls?

There's a place here in Woodbury, NY (in the Woodbury Commons)with really different and beautiful dresses. They run around $400-600, not cheap, but definitely different than your typical "prom" dresses.

Have you tried bridal & evening gown stores in your area? Whenever I had a formal event, I stayed away from major department stores. I didn't want to wear what everybody saw already and I never liked their styles anyway. Hell, you may even be able to have one custom made...if you hurry up! (And seamstresses don't usually charge a lot. Just get a simple, sexy dress made and accessorize! Get something that you can wear to future events. A simple black dress and accessories go a long way!) smile.gif

[This message has been edited by playboychick (edited 04-20-2001).]

i was in bloomingdale's a few days ago...they had some amazing dresses...some werent too bad (they had a sale last week, im not sure if they still do)....i just wish i had somewhere fancy to go cause i'd buy all of them...

------------------

i was alone thinking i was just fine,

i wasnt looking for anyone to be mine,

i thought love was just a fabrication,

a train that wouldnt stop at my station,

home, alone, that was my consignment,

solitary confinement,

So when we met i was getting around u,

i didnt know i was looking for love till i found u...

My sister bought her prom dress @ L'impase (?) on 8th street a few yrs back. FIERCE!

If you want something different, sexy and not your typical generic prom dress, go there. May be a bit pricey but it's worth it. At least you'll wear that dress more than once.

------------------

xlsig.jpg

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77

Saks, Bloomie's, or where I got mine--this place called Gotham City in Millburn, NJ. The salesladies are snobby but the dresses rock smile.gif At least that was the case 4 years ago wink.gif

------------------

=)

reginadp121@aol.com

[This message has been edited by ReginaP (edited 04-21-2001).]

if u're lookin to *rent* nice dresses, there's a cute lil photo place in edison nj that does weddings but they have a lot of nice formal dresses that u can jus rent for really cheap. either way, have fun that nite!

------------------

sig2.jpg

My boyfriend's prom is coming up in about a month and a half, and I still haven't even found a prom dress. I'm from NJ, and my question is, does anyone know of a place in the city (or even in north jersey), where u can maybe rent a nice dress, or where they have really nice dresses to buy? I mean, I've been here to Macy's, Nordstrom, stores like that and all those dresses are UGLY!!!! They're the same every year. All the same material and those pastele colors, which I hate. I want a dress thats really different.

You know, something you'd see at the Oscars,lol, but not in that expensive price range.

So anyone know of any good places????

Thanks a lot for any info!!!

Romina

cwm35.gifcwm26.gif

------------------

tunnel.gif

ARE YOU FEELING IT?

clubchick20@hotmail.com

I never got to go to Prom so I would know! frown.gif

whatever you wear don't wear stockings with sandles (TACKY) I'm sure you'll look like a beauty no matter what..

My advice so I little spunky since you are a club diva! Where super slinky silkpants. thin heels and a top that will blow him away.. Hey why don't I come shopping with you...???

Antique Boutique they have some fierce dresses.. I bought a dress for 24.99 once and I wore it to 3 weddings... (I am a great bargin hunter!) and 2 of my girlfriends borrowed it! You can borrow it to.. its a great dress..

HAve fun!

------------------

mouse.gif

I love everyone today!

i got my prom dress...hm don't remember and that was last yr. well did u try neiman marcus?? hm. don't know any outstanding place for prom wear...just keep looking around try that mall upstate..that huge one!!good luck and enjoy that nite cwm38.gif

------------------

Image-9.jpg

* i do both jay and jane, they make me feel the same, there's no shame to my game, i do both jay and jane *

~look into my eyes...think i want u...can't tell!~