Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anyone watch the histoy of xtc on the history channel last night

i thought it was pretty good, totally unbiased and true. the only thing that was off was the price per pill(25-40) but otherwise the show had some real intrestng stuff.

they showd a factory pressing them back in the day when it was legal

------------------

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

TUNNEL SATURDAY'S "SOPRANO GUEST LIST"

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

msoprano13.jpg

oh yeah..post more info - really interesting... there were factories in US?... really cool... i would wanna work in there... something along the lines of quality control... biggrin.gif ...i would check (ingest a pill from)each batch myself.... fuck imagine that job?

------------------

I WANNA BE A TWILO CLOSET KID!!!!

AIM: ArthurBrooklyn

TëMA

Originally posted by Unbound:

oh yeah..post more info - really interesting... there were factories in US?... really cool... i would wanna work in there... something along the lines of quality control... biggrin.gif ...i would check (ingest a pill from)each batch myself.... fuck imagine that job?

just pull a "lucy on the assembly line at the chocolate factory"!

They also talked about how xtc outsold beer in the clubs and bars. and when it was made illegal all the doctors protested it and there were some act that made it illegal without passin through congress or something like that, which was the first time that that ever happended.

------------------

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

TUNNEL SATURDAY'S "SOPRANO GUEST LIST"

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

msoprano13.jpg

I missed the one on X but I did see the one on coccaine. Very interesting. According to the program, Coccaine used to be in virtually every product on the market and it too was banned for non-medical reasons. Something about it making black men sexually aggressive or some bullshit like that. I would like to see more of these specials.

------------------

------------------------

I'm a slut...I make love to music every night

wow that sounds mad interesting. yeah if it's gonna be on again i'd want to watch it. did they say anything else...like what they think the effects from it are long term....people all say different things about waht they KNOW it does and what they don't know. i just know they don't know much yet. And hells yeah that would be a cool job to test pills and make sure they're good for distribution....you woudln't even have to pay me!

Lulu

Looks like it will be on again on Sunday night, if this is the right program.

Found this on historychannel.com:

Sunday , April 22 06:00 PM - 07:00 PM

Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way

LSD, Ecstasy and Raves

How did the psychedelic drugs LSD and Ecstasy journey from a scientific discovery to a popular recreation to banned drugs? Mental health professionals once believed that LSD could treat schizophrenia or alcoholism. Meanwhile, Ecstasy, the "penicillin for the soul", was used in marriage counseling. Now, continuing the cycle of the hallucinogen, some of the latest derivatives in this category of drugs, the "rave" drugs such as GHB and Ketamine, are about to be banned.

TV PG

Edit:

hehe, actually looked at the whole channel lineup for that day and it looks like they'll be having a drug marathon starting at 3:00pm:

3:00pm-4:00pm -- marijuana

4:00pm-5:00pm -- opium, morphine, and heroin

5:00pm-6:00pm -- cocaine

6:00pm-7:00pm -- lsd, ecstasy and raves

Have fun.

-- Jeff

[This message has been edited by jcc183 (edited 04-21-2001).]