Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Club O.D. - Front page of Daily News

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank u for the link...i should be getting a phone call from my parents any minute now...

------------------

i was alone thinking i was just fine,

i wasnt looking for anyone to be mine,

i thought love was just a fabrication,

a train that wouldnt stop at my station,

home, alone, that was my consignment,

solitary confinement,

So when we met i was getting around u,

i didnt know i was looking for love till i found u...

k, does anyone else feel as if the article makes the 2 "patrons" sound like they are victims? the f'n popped G and are pissed at twilo for them ending up in a hospital!? what if it was in their home with no one around? then what? sell outs.

------------------

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." -voltaire

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." -anais nin

Interesting the way they describe how this "innocent" couple, who did absolutely nothing wrong, almost got brutally killed by this "monster TWILO". And not even mentioning why this incident happened to begin with and how they got into that state. Of course the couple did nothing wrong, it was probably Twilo management who put a gun against their head made them take GHB. Sure blame it all on the scene... People have nothing to do with it. cwm23.gifcwm23.gifcwm23.gifcwm23.gif

------------------

A man who has attained complete mastery of an art reveals his presence of mind in every action.

Originally posted by sharonregina:

k, does anyone else feel as if the article makes the 2 "patrons" sound like they are victims? the f'n popped G and are pissed at twilo for them ending up in a hospital!? what if it was in their home with no one around? then what? sell outs.

Exaclty. Sounds like they were just walking around in the city, minding their business, doing nothing wrong, and then suddenly got attacked and abducted and almost killed by this evil thing Twilo.

------------------

A man who has attained complete mastery of an art reveals his presence of mind in every action.

[This message has been edited by dzadza (edited 04-22-2001).]

Originally posted by highmay:

front.jpg <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.nydailynews.com" TARGET=_blank>www.nydailynews.com</A>

so i guess it's true...u can dress casually/comfortably and still get into twilo..

------------------

Image-9.jpg

* i do both jay and jane, they make me feel the same, there's no shame to my game, i do both jay and jane *

~look into my eyes-think i want u-can't tell!~

Oh shit. Twilo has been putting this off for a while but soon they will be shut. Don't know if its going to be 6 months, a year, who knows. But we can all thank those whose who made the wrongs decisions to OD at Twilo. Thanks a lot guys.

My point is shared by many many others. Twilo is about the music... period. If you cant enjoy the music and the scene without getting fucked up go elsewhere. It is unfortunate that such a great club with such a vast selection of imported DJs is going to get shut down because a few jack offs felt they needed to have a "better time."

Who the hell does GHB to celebrate their birthday?? Get a life. In response to Twilo's instructions on how to treat those who have overdosed, I do disagree but they are not cattle and should be taken care of in a responsible manner. Not thrown in the back room, hidden from real help.

I donno, its just retarded. In the final run the blame can be placed on those who have ODed. Hopefully Twilo will stay open through the summer so I can enjoy it. Just my 2 cents.

------------------

"1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21 ....Mathematics is the language of nature" --BT

AIM: teklord310

sharonregina & dzadza:

you both are missing the point. no mention was ever made that twilo drugged the patrons. or that twilo is a haven for crackheads and junkies. that isn't the argument. (the DA may use this argument to shut down twilo, but that point is irrelevant in the OD article)

the argument, and the premise for the lawsuit, isn't who took what drugs and how they were obtained/ingested.

the argument is the TREATMENT of the patrons...here's an an analogy...what if someone had a bit too much to drink, was a bit tipsy, fell down the stairs, was knocked uncounscious & suffered head trauma. uhm... panic sets in ... security fears bad publicity, and not realizing (or caring) why this person is unconscious, hides them, when in fact, they should've summoned EMS for treatment.

just because kids are stupid, you let them die to cover YOUR own ass?

THAT's the argument. make yours stick.

------------------

nessie1.jpg

"Nessie"

Frankly, I don't really care what people choose to do as long as they do so responsibly. I would choose a club full of rollers over a club full of drunks any day of the week. If they didn't endanger anyone else and had made educated, responsible decisions then there wouldn't be this problem in the clubs.

The problem is in people failing themselves and failing to understand both *what* they are doing to their bodies and expecting no consequences and then being surprised when their idyllic little world crumbles.

Although, this still doesn't excuse Twilo from acting irresponsibly. I think Twilo is *trying* to provide a controlled environment, which, in theory, I appreciate. I just think they're kind of fucking up how they are going about trying to control the environment.

------------------

...and in a mystery to be

(when time from time shall set us free)

forgetting me, remember me

-e. e. cummings

AOL IM: petrol01

Originally posted by teklord310:

In response to Twilo's instructions on how to treat those who have overdosed, I do disagree but they are not cattle and should be taken care of in a responsible manner. Not thrown in the back room, hidden from real help.

yeah, but it the journalist also made it sound like the security guard, Murray, was exaggerating because he a) got fired and B) got indicted. security at twilo is hardcore, but could you really see them continuing to throw people in the backroom? or splashing "buckets" of water on them?

(maybe i'm in denial cwm20.gif )

Originally posted by loch:

sharonregina & dzadza:

you both are missing the point. no mention was ever made that twilo drugged the patrons. or that twilo is a haven for crackheads and junkies. that isn't the argument. (the DA may use this argument to shut down twilo, but that point is irrelevant in the OD article)

the argument, and the premise for the lawsuit, isn't who took what drugs and how they were obtained/ingested.

the argument is the TREATMENT of the patrons...here's an an analogy...what if someone had a bit too much to drink, was a bit tipsy, fell down the stairs, was knocked uncounscious & suffered head trauma. uhm... panic sets in ... security fears bad publicity, and not realizing (or caring) why this person is unconscious, hides them, when in fact, they should've summoned EMS for treatment.

yeah, you're right

------------------

[img]http://glowballsig.gif|/img]

the f'n popped G and are pissed at twilo for them ending up in a hospital!?

uhm, no. they're pissed, and anyone with a mental clarity would realize this, because they were taken away to be hidden and were prevented from receiving medical treatment

------------------

nessie1.jpg

"Nessie"

[This message has been edited by loch (edited 04-22-2001).]

sharonregina & dzadza:

Originally posted by deanna11:

yeah, you're right

no, the case is about twilo risking people's lives, and i'm not arguing with that, without a doubt true.

the ARTICLE however, begins as if it's just another day for these two characters, it's mark's 21st he's out to celebrate. low and behold an hour later, he's passed out. next morning, he's lucky to be alive, gets a birthday cake from hospital staffers, an "innocent" 21yrold saved. THAT was the tone of the article.

------------------

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." -voltaire

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." -anais nin

uhm, no. they're pissed, and anyone with a mental clarity would realize this, because they were taken away to be hidden and were prevented from receiving medical treatment

but hun, what i'm trying to get at is if they were in their own home they still wouldn't have received medical treatment; they still would've been dead.

no, the case is about twilo risking people's lives, and i'm not arguing with that, without a doubt true.

the ARTICLE however, begins as if it's just another day for these two characters, it's mark's 21st he's out to celebrate. low and behold an hour later, he's passed out. next morning, he's lucky to be alive, gets a birthday cake from hospital staffers, an "innocent" 21yrold saved. THAT was the tone of the article.

couldnt agree more...they make these kids out to be so innocent, when they were really just looking to get fucked up

------------------

01200110.jpg

sharonregina & dzadza:

I agree with every point you mentioned. Yes, that's a valid argument. Such treatment of patrons is a very valid case for a lawsuit. However, I didn't see an ARGUMENT in the daily news article. It was more of a colorful story designed to turn the public against a club (or the scene in general). And in order to achieve this more effectively and remove any responsibility from that couple the reporter COMPLETELY skipped any details on why they ODed to begin with. That's what I'm very unhappy with.

And as an example, I can bring the same analogy you mentioned. Suppose they only had too much to drink. The reported would go on and on telling how they were law-abiding citizens. But he is avoiding the drug issue as much as possible. Why? To display the club as the sole root of the problem.

------------------

Seriously! WTF?!!? Wy dont they elaborate on how the fuck these idiots were downing all that GHB to get really fucked up, and ruin the party for everyone else!!!

cwm23.gifcwm23.gif

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

s_shot%202.jpgsaloop2.gifs_shot8.jpg

just to make a quick comment, how many of you are the same ones who are so quick to condemn hiphop artists for there troubles? its instances like this, on all levels, from the drug user, to the clubs management, to even the drug dealers themselves that show just how troubled this scene is. its so easy to criticize others, yet look the other way or blame it on someone just having a hard on to shut down the club or hold down your scene....

...the case is about twilo risking people's lives, and i'm not arguing with that, without a doubt true.

i'm glad you agree. i just had a hard time picking that out from your original post.

the ARTICLE however, begins as if it's just another day for these two characters...THAT was the tone of the article.

unfortunately, the media sometimes can't help but inject a certain swaying tone in their articles.

but hun, what i'm trying to get at is if they were in their own home they still wouldn't have received medical treatment; they still would've been dead.

uh... ::shrugs:: i don't have a response for that. actually, i do. you're right. if this incident was removed and confined to one's own home, who'd be the more wiser?

HOWEVER, and this is the however that sticks, BECAUSE it occurred in a public venue, one *expects* that proper med treatment is carried out; common sense and good samaritan laws dictate that

i see that various points have been made throughtout this thread, but i'm gonna sum them up as i feel they apply to me and my 1/4 penny for each:

(1) stupid-OD'ing-fucked-up-people fuck up the scene for (some of) us mildly-to-moderately-fucked-up-partiers who knows how to party but has yet been caught or lucky enough not to OD (and MOST of you fit this category)

(2) twilo certainly has a following

(3) twilo mgmt is getting heat from their asses up to their nostrils from every public office downtown and is trying to clean things up, or at least PORTRAY a perception that it's getting its act together

(4) whether or not this means justly shaking down & booting people out or not...DEAL WITH IT. while i don't condone it, and would certainly be pissed if it were to happen to me, i would certainly do the same if i were twilo mgmt. from the info i gather from the articles, at this point, it is not the patrons' asses they have to tend to; but asses in the offices downtown that they have to kiss.

------------------

nessie1.jpg

"Nessie"

[This message has been edited by loch (edited 04-22-2001).]

I have one this to say.....If you cant handle your drugs DON'T do them!!!

Party Safe!

------------------

Hi! How ya doing? where ya been, I had thoughts of you all night long.

Can't describe what you did, but you got me so!

Aolimer: Glowgirl42000

Email: Sugar4@earthlink.net

I think the one thing the article isn't clear about is how is Twilo mgt. supposed to know wtf these kids took - It is also a matter of the bouncers' word against the club on how long these kids were held!! The bouncer was fired and he did have charges brought against him - he trying to save his own ass!! Plus that "I was following orders" crap doesn't work for soldiers who get shot if they don't follow orders, why should it work for him. He is a grown man who made a decision to lie to police and hide the kids!! No one put a gun to his head and he used his "best judgement" and got fired anyway!! Everyone should write a response to the Daily News venting their own opinions about the subject!!

------------------

I put forth a generall inclination of all mankind, a perpetuall and restless desire of power after power, that ceaseth only in death. Hobbes

getmsg?curmbox=F000000001&a=f327909d2c00d91686b882cf1e1ecc5c&msg=MSG986410425.0&start=28214&len=54834&mimepart=6