Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Eddie Flyez @ Tunnel

Flyez because his mixes were flying right off the tables.. Same ol' Eddie Baez, nothing changed.. He played a lot of great music, but the man still can not mix.. God what was he doing trying to mix Taiko w/ Space Frog?? He went off beat like 3 times.. The music was just soso until the performance.. Mindy K was really good and so was that fire eater.. After her show, when he dropped Fly Away, the music god a lot better.. He played some oldies that brought back some memories from Evolution Fridays..

I feel bad for you people that go there now, and have no idea what it use to be like in there..

Note to MGT.. That speaker by the stage is done.. Stick a fork in it..

The sound is horrible, the lights are horrible.. Maybe the new owners will spend some money on the place.. cwm3.gif

I thought it was supposed to be a big night?? I bet there wasn't even 1000 people in the place.. Where were all the pretty people??

After not being there in almost 2 years I thought maybe it'll be good.. I proved to myself that my Tunnel days are long over.. I bet Eddie felt that way also.. He had a sad face on all night long.. Probably thinking about his old party on 27th st..

Nothing better to do on a saturday then Factory.. Dont make the same mistake I did! wink.gif

------------------

..Something for your mind, your body, and your soul

It's the power, it's larouse curiosity..

The purpose, the goal which one act's on..

A journey of force, hot like the sun and wet like the rain..

Rhythmatic movements in unicen with others prolong and act's of sensations, with no limit's or boundaries..

Eternity is past..

Wrong is right..

It's the point of greatest intensity..

Pleasure's of the highest sence..

Feeling's of warmth and security..

Willing and unwilling sensation's of the mind..

A condition..

The ultimate seduction..

..."THE REALM"..

yea his mixing is pretty weak..

i heard him a couple months ago and he was trying to lay lara fabian- i will love again over into the future?!?!?! not even just bad choice but it was off beat the whole time he played it and it was a few minutes... i mean you'd think he would cut out of it when he heard how off it was...

that speaker defiently has to go.. its been done since johnny was there...

------------------

my stand on the sig controversy:

scream.gif

[This message has been edited by PFloyd40 (edited 04-22-2001).]

He played his new Mindy K, John Lennon and Richie Luzzi..

He played the FGD - Fired Up acc over some track..

Acid/ Skribbs mix of Hide U

Something Wondeful

Survivor

Taiko/ Space Frog

I'll try to remember more later..

------------------

Rhythmatic movements in unicen with others prolong and act's of sensations, with no limit's or boundaries..

Eternity is past..

Wrong is right..

A condition..

The ultimate seduction..

..."THE REALM"..

What sad face was this?? Dude Eddie was hysterical half the night. It was his roomates and best friends Birthday he was it a funny ass mood.He dropped the space frog as a kinda shout out to CLAUDIA who I am sure know know from Factory who's his roomate. He played a couple of shouts to her and Evan for their birthday. And yes numbers were low that might have todowiththe fact that PEOPLE THINK WE ARE CLOSED AND SOLD.

WHICH IS ALL BS.

Tranza I respect your opinions but the only drama was the performance. Finally a club with out extremist juiceheads fondling people and a crowd that is just all and all cooled out people having fun.

We are not stopping anytime soon this is just gonna get better and better. And we have fun ass shit coming up.

I love people who doubt us, just makes the success taste sweeter.

tunnel.gif

JACKIE CHRISTIE's Back next week with Michael James Nigro (Jellybean Records) performing Only Love Can Break Your Heart cwm38.gif

------------------

Failure is not an Option!!

Yeah last night at the Tunnel could of been so much better but what are you going to do. MINDY K was the "FUCKING HIGHLIGHT OF THE NIGHt," isn't she great! I still had a good time but it can be done better. One other thing where is all the people at???

alright i gotta step in here

traza i would have like to meet you last night, you should have came to the meet up.

anyway the crowd was low but the people in there are awesome, and all having a good time, no drama or fights and no nonsense of grabbing girls and all that other bull shit.

the music was good, but i agree i think baez would have torn it apart if there were more people in there. its hard to get into it when the floor is half full. but overall i still had a great time

------------------

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

TUNNEL SATURDAY'S "SOPRANO GUEST LIST"

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

msoprano13.jpg

Originally posted by tranza:

Flyez because his mixes were flying right off the tables.. Same ol' Eddie Baez, nothing changed.. He played a lot of great music, but the man still can not mix.. God what was he doing trying to mix Taiko w/ Space Frog?? He went off beat like 3 times.. The music was just soso until the performance.. Mindy K was really good and so was that fire eater.. After her show, when he dropped Fly Away, the music god a lot better.. He played some oldies that brought back some memories from Evolution Fridays..

I feel bad for you people that go there now, and have no idea what it use to be like in there..

Note to MGT.. That speaker by the stage is done.. Stick a fork in it..

The sound is horrible, the lights are horrible.. Maybe the new owners will spend some money on the place.. cwm3.gif

I thought it was supposed to be a big night?? I bet there wasn't even 1000 people in the place.. Where were all the pretty people??

After not being there in almost 2 years I thought maybe it'll be good.. I proved to myself that my Tunnel days are long over.. I bet Eddie felt that way also.. He had a sad face on all night long.. Probably thinking about his old party on 27th st..

Nothing better to do on a saturday then Factory.. Dont make the same mistake I did! wink.gif

i CANNOT believe YOU went to the TUNNEL doug!!!!???!!!!!

WHAT!!!!!

omg

luv,

brandie

------------------

brandiefinal.jpg

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Dont get me wrong, I had a good time.. I was having tons of flash backs all night long.. When he played Fired Up I lost it smile.gif.. It's sad what has happend to that place.. I begged to Mindy to sing Love From Above, she seemed surprised I asked about the song.. She's def the bomb, I saw her at Expo back in the day..

If anyone stuck around, he played this vocal track after Hide U.. I've been trying to get an id on that track for a couple weeks..

Anyhoo.. Cottoncandydream, you can email me tranza52@yahoo.com if you need me..

Was Chris the Greek playing last night?? I was in the mood for some real house beats, but all I heard was cheesy trance crap in all the other rooms..

"..No Standing, Just Dancing.." Wasn't that Tunnel's old theme?? There def wasn't too much dancing happening..

..Bring back Alex & Leo & Evolution Fridays!

------------------

Eternity is past..

Wrong is right..

A condition..

The ultimate seduction..

..."THE REALM"..

BTW, that guy you have performing next week SUCKS.. He sang at SF friday night.. Cancel him and buy a new speaker w/ that money..

------------------

Eternity is past..

Wrong is right..

A condition..

The ultimate seduction..

..."THE REALM"..

It sucks to hear that Tunnel was not what it should have been last night.

I must agree with the majority of comments that Tunnel needs to reinvest in some of its infrastructure, like a SERIOUS system for example, and their lights were cutting edge about 7 years ago...

I hope that if it comes under new ownership these things will happen.

Eddie wasn't that good?? I remember him being such a tight DJ... he would get a groove going, bring it down for a second and then tear into.. like "Rock the discoteca," and the place would go crazy. Maybe it is just the club.

i hate seeing the tunnel empty. i was upstairs around 5 and the room was closed already, this time last year there was banging chicago hard house blasting off in there and that was the best room in the whole place. theres gotta be a way to bring it back because the music is slamming most nites on the main floor

------------------

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

msoprano13.jpg

Let's face it, TUNNEL will NEVER be what it USE to BE! All of those who were Tunnel Rats, and hit it religiously every weekend before it closed, knows it lost its luster.

MAYBE new management and ownership will revamp it but I dont believe they will be capable of recapturing the vibe we all remember. Just keeps those memories fresh in your head. No sense in complaining about how the Tunnel is dead. We all know that. We knew the minute it was shut down that it was over.

xoxo

kAt

------------------

tigger10.gif ~~~~~yup yup~~~~~

"AllEged bOyfRiend sTEalEr" lol butflanim_e0.gif

Tranza: I know what your saying about the turnout.

Check this out, a few of you guys might have gone. We heard Eddie was gonna spin again at Tunnel over this past summer(2000), so we went and checked it out...

well to make a long story short it was Eddie alright, but with a crowd of no more than 500 people. and honestly it might have even been more around 300-400, you could definately count the amount of people on the dance floor.

we were surprised to see such a low turnout for such a great character on the scene.

and im with you when you say bring back alex and leo with evolution fridays, they were the bomb, then back to back with Saturday nights with Teneglia.

------------------

a mind stretched by new dimensions can never be the same again

Your laughing at me cause I am different? Shit, im laughing at you cause your all the fucking same!

Sorry to disappoint you but Alex& Leo can't even get themselves arrested in NY. If you want the stuff they do now go the Web Hall.

I really don't know what to think about these comments considering we did 1600-1800 2 weeks ago before the rumors and NY POST. Sorry guys I am a TUNNEL Rat 10 years and growing strong. The Gatien Org took NYC nightlife to a higher level. We're not stopping.

And Tranza as far as Michael James Nigro he is a friend and a real musician and programs alot of songs you probably like so let us not go there. His SF performance was a last minute debacle.

I'll do this. Tranza I'll comp you and Floyd and some of the others I want you to come next week for music inspection.

------------------

People..smarten up and stop trying for Tunnel to be the way it used to be. Why does Tunnel have to be like DTour all the time?? Tell me, why??? GEt over that party already, it's long time gone and dead.

Appreciate Tunnel the way it's now and stop comparing it to what it used to be. Otherwise, u'll always be dissappointed if u keep comparing each new party there to DTour.

Tunnel is an amazing place and it just needs better attitude from the people that work there and the people that go party there. I know Im rambling but it's this attitude that sucks and keeps good parties from taking off there.

Let's move on and ACCEPT the NEW!!!. That's what it's all about. New music, new atmosphere, new parties. Same venue but new changes. Spread good word of mouth about the place, promote their djs, have fun, forget the past and enjoy the new parties. That's what it takes.

Originally posted by musicbeat:

People..smarten up and stop trying for Tunnel to be the way it used to be. Why does Tunnel have to be like DTour all the time?? Tell me, why??? GEt over that party already, it's long time gone and dead.

Appreciate Tunnel the way it's now and stop comparing it to what it used to be. Otherwise, u'll always be dissappointed if u keep comparing each new party there to DTour.

Tunnel is an amazing place and it just needs better attitude from the people that work there and the people that go party there. I know Im rambling but it's this attitude that sucks and keeps good parties from taking off there.

Let's move on and ACCEPT the NEW!!!. That's what it's all about. New music, new atmosphere, new parties. Same venue but new changes. Spread good word of mouth about the place, promote their djs, have fun, forget the past and enjoy the new parties. That's what it takes.

exactly

------------------

Robert Deniro

msoprano13.jpg

Thanks for the offer, but I have plans for SF next saturday night.. Time to treat myself to a sick night of music..

Maybe next time Eddie comes back, I'm not too crazy about the djs you have there on the regular..

Please let's go there.. I'm curious to know what songs he has done.. The song he sang on friday night was beat.. People were screaming at him to get off the stage.. Whatever, I say go with the new speaker.. Just my honest opinion..

And Musicbeat, if you had any idea what the older parties were like you would feel my pain.. But hey, if you can enjoy an enormous club 1/4 packed, with people who were wishing they were somewhere else, more power to you..

Where are the old promotors anyway?? Poncho, Michael Francis, Marc Anthony, Scottie Rock?? Do they still work there??

------------------

Eternity is past..

Wrong is right..

A condition..

The ultimate seduction..

..."THE REALM"..

Hold on 1)Who the hell Said we were recreating D-tour???? NO One. 2)Umm the DJ you love so much Jonathan Peters is one Jackie Christie's biggest fans. So how do you Jonathan but notlike Jackie??? cwm13.gif

3) There is such a awesome vibe in there no DRAMA. Past 3 weeks no cops, no drugged out messy kids, no arrests, and no fights. People are having fun andour bouncers aren't harrasing them. cwm1.gif

4) And lastly the promoters Mike Francis and the rest combined getting fired and quiting you can find Pancho & Mike at Web Hall and Mark Anthony at Exit.

cwm36.gif

BUG OUT WE BRINGING THE HOUSE BACK cwm23.gif

------------------

Originally posted by misskittie:

Isn't the party predominately 18 - 19 year old ravers????

it depends, when i went 2 weeks ago it wasnt the crowd was really dressy and this week it was more of a mix, the crowd that was thre 2 weeks ago was much better. i just think it was due to what happend last sunday

------------------

Robert Deniro

msoprano13.jpg

Definitely 90% ravers..

Miss Cottoncandydream, you need to relax.. You're getting all WERQED up for nothing.. I spent one night at Tunnel and I gave a review.. I dont think it was that harsh, do you??

I can honestly say that I dont give a rat's ass if your club stays open or closed.. I dont care what djs, promotors, acts, owners, bartenders, coat check attendants, floor sweepers, garbage dumpers you bring in..

If the big gun promotors cant bring it back, it's safe to say that your going to have a hard time trying..

Lemme weigh it out.. *Jackie*--*Jonathan* .. Hmm.. Tuff decision..

cwm3.gif

Try again.. *Tunnel*--*Factory* .. Another tuff decision..

"3) There is such a awesome vibe in there no DRAMA. " ... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.. Where was the vibe?? I must have missed it..

Maybe if you took your head out of your ass you would realize TUNNEL IS FINISHED!

Miss 10 year veteran.. May I ask who the hell you are anyway??

I gave a nice review of my night.. You want to get harsh, then we will get harsh..

You need to learn how to accept other people's opinion's even if you dont agree with them..

*YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN*

------------------

Eternity is past..

Wrong is right..

A condition..

The ultimate seduction..

..."THE REALM"..

First Off WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU GETTING ALL PERSONAL AND SHIT WITH PEOPLE. I am not even close to worked up. 90% Ravers??? Huh if you think a raver is a person that wears a original outfit and doesn't get the majority of their clothing from Bang Bang and the mall. Well then fuck it guilty as charged we used to call them clubkids.Something that factory lacks. True clubkids not D&G tank tank top wearing G'd out messes. And didn'tdiss you because yougave your opinion I wanted to hear it and I had a reaction to it. Isn't that one of the things you have toexpect when you make a statement that someone will have a response to it?? As to who I am is One of the "BITCHES" that brought the Juniors, Danny's, and Jonathan's to people when everyone doubted them too. When Jonathan used to spin in the chapel at limelight. So Miss Tranza you may not care about promoters and the people that put these nice lil parties that you go to together. But without us you don't have a party. So respect the fact people bust their all day and night so you can prance your butt around a dancefloor for hours and then complain about it.

Oh and as for Jackie and Jonathan funny how he is one of her biggest fans. Oh wait Isaid that already. cwm4.gif

------------------