Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Thanks to ChaCha's Supporters!!

I'd just like to thank Dennis and Andrew (furnace and boa_boy) for coming out to my band's performance (which rocked)... You guys are the best, and it made me soooooo happy to see you two dancing to spanish music! tongue.gif

FYI: The manager at the place took a head count, and at 9:30 there were 170 people in the venue (which is a lot for that particular spot). It has NEVER been that packed on a Saturday especially... in fact, the only other night that was ever nearly that packed was the last Friday night we played! (go fig)

Sooooooooo... My band got the weekly spot for Saturdays!!! Woo Hoo!!

So, NOW will y'all come on out and see?!?!

biggrin.gif's,

- Cuban B -

------------------

meli.jpghappy.gif

"This is not political - it's just that I demand attention when I walk into the room..." -- Nelly Furtado

AIM: MeliChaCha

Guest danwang

Coolness... I was wondering how things went... Are there any plans to play in the city, or at least possibilities?

------------------

We're alive, take a breath

We're alive, take a deep breath

meli where is the venue...is it at nova terra rt. 27 highland park or new brusnwick ? Let me know when and where...i remember reading a post like this some time ago and said i'd go..but never got confirmed...let me know when and where...

this weekend though I'll be at a chess tourny so i won't be partyin' anywhere but maybe the following week.

Hey Danwang,

What up Gee...you missed SF this passed friday. I think yo went sailing right?

Well JP played "hide U" his own twisted version of it. Man it was the shiiiit. awesom shiiit.

No thank YOU Meli! After one or two 'warm up' type tracks to ease us into the performance off they went, Meli's band and in particular her performance (as vocalist/front person) was relentless and awesome.....lol none of the 'have a sit down whilst the band plays an instrumental' for our Meli, no sireee, she was off into the dance floor displaying another one of her precocious talents...

We got there just after 10 and left @ 2 but it seemed to fly by in no time and all.....essentially the set up had the band in the corner, a small dance floor and then tables where u could sit down and eat (good food apparently), after you were done with that u really had no option but to get up there and dance, it didn't matter how you were dancing, lord knows I'd never really danced to that latin/salsa beat too many times, lol the dance floor was so crowded it was sometimes unclear where the band finished and the dance floor began!

Cool staff, good food, great crowd (we're talking Meli's dance class contempories), sensational cocktails, a good time was had by all. Certainly a memorable first excusrions to New Jersey for moi, and I'll definitely be heading back for more of the Obsecion experience! wink.gif

------------------

New Residency! Every Friday @ Vinyl ;-) .................. boa_boy@yahoo.com YIM boa_boy AIM boaboyOZ

Hey y'all... here's the deal...

Gambit, you're right on the money -- that's the one... it's

Nova Terra

78 Albany Street

New Brunswick, NJ 08901

We'll be playing Saturdays from 10:30 or so on into the night... NYC plans still hazy, as Summer looms over the college kids... we'll see!

And for the record, D and A were tearin' it up out there... wink.gif

- meli -

------------------

meli.jpghappy.gif

"This is not political - it's just that I demand attention when I walk into the room..." -- Nelly Furtado

Guest danwang

Originally posted by gambitx73:

Hey Danwang,

What up Gee...you missed SF this passed friday. I think yo went sailing right?

Well JP played "hide U" his own twisted version of it. Man it was the shiiiit. awesom shiiit.

Did I meet you at the meetup? I'm trying to figure out when (what time), where (inside Apple), and who you are. Wait, are you Art?

Not sailing but a hiking & rafting (the latter of which my gf likes to do once a year) trip. Yeah, so I heard about all the stuff that happened at SF, with Hide U, DM (David Morales & Depeche Mode), DT, and more...

------------------

We're alive, take a breath

We're alive, take a deep breath

Hey y'all... here's the next gig date...

CINCO DE MAYO @ NOVA TERRA

with Obsesion

(opening act TBA)

Saturday 5/5/01

Come eat, drink, and dance from

9:00pm till ???

Nova Terra

78 Albany St.

New Brunswick, NJ 08901

E-mail MeliChaCha@aol.com for details!!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

- meli -

------------------

meli.jpghappy.gif

Hey Meli...no prob.

Sorry if I wasn't so talkative that day. I was really sick...trying to keep the cough rate down. I should be better by next time, though.

You were AWESOME though. Especially that last song, where your voice went above falsetto and was like Mariah Carey...

You should get your dance professor to come...and bring all her friends! They were alot of fun!

And I promise I won't be sick next time...

Ole!

-Den cwm12.gif

------------------

furnace.gif

"Much respect...to the dreamers..."

Yay! Didn't my teacher ROCK?! biggrin.gif She is the best!

Glad you had a good time... I think I'll post a new thread so people actually see the new gig date... tongue.gif

- meli -

------------------

meli.jpghappy.gif

So Melichacha, what name did you finally decide on for your band???

That thread was so cute, you got some creative responses--just curious...

oh, and btw, congratulations on your success, I am looking forward to turning on la mega 97.9 and hearing you guys!!! wink.gif

------------------

"Whose Line Is It Anyway?"

11406597.jpg

Originally posted by beautious1:

So Melichacha, what name did you finally decide on for your band???

That thread was so cute, you got some creative responses--just curious...

oh, and btw, congratulations on your success, I am looking forward to turning on la mega 97.9 and hearing you guys!!! wink.gif

Thanks! We actually decided on Obsesion, which is the name of one of the songs we do... and it sounds cool. tongue.gif

Hope you can make it out sometime -- I'd love to get a group together for Cinco De Mayo!

- meli -

------------------

meli.jpghappy.gif