Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Everybody Read this DT Giving JP Props!!!!!

I copied this reply off of Jonathan Peters website. This is the most unbelievable thing I have ever read. DT giving JP props read and enjoy. Taking off jonathanpeters.com message boards.

DANNY TENAGLIA Apr-23-01, 02:03 AM (EST)

"HELLO TO ALL! MY 1ST POST HERE....."

{ I posted this earlier on the Be Yourself Lounge messageboard }

Let me make myself perfectly clear here .....

I am not typing this post to be "diplomatic", I am not typing this post to kiss ass, I am not typing this post for attention, etc...

I am typing this post to give credit where credit is due! Jonathan Peters kicked my ass this "morning/afternoon" until at least 3:30pm!

I originally went there to support a "save the Loft" party that was detoured from it's original loft venue and was moved to the new 3rd level of SF. I was told David Morales was gonna play and I never get to hear David, and knew I would enjoy him, but unfortunatley I overslept and missed Momo. However, when I woke up at 10am, I call my boy Eric Ortense who said the party was still rockin somewhat upstairs and DJ Steve Travolta (who also kicks ass) was now on, and since it was a beautiful day here in NY I decided to finally get out. By the time I got to SF it was around noon and the Loft party was pretty much over, although I did really get off cutting up and watching Kevin Aviance do a number from my roller disco days on the Sugarhill label: "Were gonna funk you right on up"! That was totally fun to watch and dance along too for old time sake...... OK, I digress.....

Now it's about 1pm and we went down to the main room which was now getting comfortable.

Plenty of room to move about and enjoy the space. Jonathan was just coming down in his tempo from his progressive set and was playing stuff like Musicisum by X-Press2, and that groove immediatley got me going. He played several other songs like it that I did not know, and I loved them, and I love when a DJ can play stuff I don't and I immediately love them and want them too! LOL

Well, everyone was dancing and smiling, it wasn't the type of crowd and faces that I've heard described there, so don't discriminate unless you witness it for yourself, the crowd was mainly 21-30 and a nice mix of guys and girls. Then there was this drag queen ( I think her name is Vivatia)

who did show after show with costume change after costume change and it became that time of day at a party I love the most. Which is the last 2-3 hours when you really have the hardcore music lovers there, and I didn't know many people (although some recognized me from Vinyl, and were cool) no one bothered me at all.

I just found my spot and danced and before you know it, everyone was dancing together (the way it should be). Eric was doing his moves, and he even was the guest lightman for a while there! LOL >>>

I went out to my car about 3pm and brought JP a rough mix of the Depeche Mode track I'm remixing and without a blink... he put it on

AND WORKED THE MOTHER F#$KER like he knew it for years!! Looping, FX,, just rocking it and building it up to the vocal. Mad props for that one...

So beyond getting my respect for getting me to jump around like a "Dancing fool" (not to be confused with that Abba song) ... I just wanna say Thank You JP. We have known each other for many, many years and have ALWAYS had mutual respect for each other. We know our taste is somewhat different, yet we never let that get in the way of our friendship and the fact that we are people first! I also want to thank him for "BEING HIMSELF" and for rocking the Depche mode. It really helped me in knowing how I want to complete it the next 2 nights before I submit it to Warner/Mute.

Last note.. The sound sytem there is really kicking ass these days, and they still have yet to complete the entire set up, so I hope to go back soon and jump around again. Also, Jonatahn mastered that system like a true pro. He works the effect proccesors like a skilled engineer. He is more than a DJ,

and once again I have to thank him for allowing ME to Be Myself and make me feel really good today. I truly love to dance and it's not very often I get to get out there and just let loose, and today was that day.

I'm gonna get the link to his site as well to say thanks there too.

So thats it! I said what I wanted to say, I said what I feel, and if anyone thinks I'm being untrue for any reason, then I'm sorry for you.

JP is (as the Brits say) ACE in my book!

peace, love and soul trains,

dt

cwm11.gifcwm11.gifcwm11.gifcwm11.gifcwm11.gif

Well, I guess 2-5,000 clubbers each Saturday can't be all wrong... cwm1.gif

Cleveland is also well worth checking out while yer there.

Hugs!

BS "idontgotofactorymuchbutisureknowjpcanrockdahouse" G

------------------

Music... is alllll about the groove. Can you feel the groove? Listen...

blueskygirl@djcentral.com

aolim blueskygirl2001

May sound corny to most, but I love it when big or small name dj's give one another compliments that are worth reading. putting aside all of the drama, all of the bullshit, and all of the garbage that can come along with this scene. and when a dj can put all of that aside, and give someone else props, is more of what we need. period.

cwm1.gif

------------------

a mind stretched by new dimensions can never be the same again

Your laughing at me cause I am different? Shit, im laughing at you cause your all the fucking same!

Guest crystalmethodny

Good one Caly wink.gif

Doubt it, but funny.

DT is all about respect, we all can see.

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

Wow...I am moved after reading that. It's not difficult to believe that that post is genuine and is really DT. For those who somewhat know him, you'll know what I mean. I hear he's doin' another Past Present and Future theme in Vinyl.

Well anyway. I've always enjoyed hearing and "watching" DT dj. He bops and hops to the song he plays. Quite passionate 'bout his work.

It's kinda hard to see JP dj from up there but every so often when I'm privleged and accompanied by Fingers (one of his producer) I get to see him in the dj booth. And he too is very passionate 'bout his work.

I love both of them and I am glad they both get along. I was there (SF) this past Sat/Sun and yes I thought JP was on key.

As the Curry's would say JP is NICE in my book.

Originally posted by blueskygirl:

Cleveland is also well worth checking out while yer there.

Hugs!

BS "idontgotofactorymuchbutisureknowjpcanrockdahouse" G

AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH< SISTAH...BEST KEPT SECRET IN NY

I LOVE CLEVELAND !!!!!

------------------

I can't dream for us all I hope I'm in a better state when

Here & Now crumbles & falls...

Gigs:

Fondling p00h's ass @ Twilo

Be Yourself grabbing p00h at Vinyl

I love p00h's ass *alwaysandforever*