Clubplanet Nightlife Community

X-Dream / Tsunami at BB King theater

One of my friends reminded me of this -- X-Dream is spinning at the BB King theater this coming Friday, along with Yahel (and maybe Oforia?).

First of all, is this the first time Tsunami has held a shindig at the BB King? I thought I remembered there being something a month ago.......

Second, has anybody seen either Yahel or X-Dream? The only act I personally know to be godlike is Spirallinz, although my buddy h0nus has assured me that Hallucinogen is right there alongside SZ. I'd like to hit some psytrance up soon, but I'd rather not be let down.... knowwhatimean?

-=Vejita=- "tryingthewaytoopackedsiglinethingyout"

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

AIM: vvRMR , EMAIL: vejita1975@hotmail.com

I have seen both Yahel and X-dream .... X-dream is IMO one of the greatest acts out there, though I don`t like Yahel too much .. too much nizhonot!!

As for Hallucinogen, Posford is one of the most classic Psy-trance acts ever .. he seriously is one of the best around.

To date, I have heard very few albums that match up to either of Twisted or The Lone Deranger.

Don`t know how he is in real life because I`ve never seen him perform though. I`m sure he can`t be too bad.

BTW, wat is this Tsunami party u`r talking abt? The only one I know abt is the one on the 27th, at The World.

Or is it the one someone on here was talking abt in which S.U.N. Project will be playing as well?

------------------

mamat3.jpg

.... We are the Star Travellers, and we come in Peace.

the addy of the guy who sends out the e-mailing list: yani@tsunami-trance.com

vejita, last time it was at the BB King's also.

Live from Germany:

X-DREAM (Blue Room/Tsunami)

Jan and Markus have been considered for many years one of the worlds most sought after live trance act and will be playing their track "aspirin" from the Tsunami compilation.

JAMES MONROE (Flying Rhino UK)

Performing one of his famous DJ sets

MARKUS (X-DREAM) special DJ set

YON-E (Yare-X)

Plus a separate chill-out room with

AARON SPECTRE (Opiae/Kinetic)

BB KING

231 West 42nd St. NYC

Btw.7th-8th Ave.

Doors open at 11:45 party till 9:45

$25 in advance/$30 at the door

advance tickets @

Throb 211 east 14 st. THROB.COM

Home of trace 122 . st. marks place 212-533-6700

Satellite 259 bowery 212-995-1744

Sonic grove 41 Carmine st. 212-675-5284

Satellite Boston 617-536-5482

Caffeine Long Island 516-797-7196

Tsunami 24 hour info. Line 212.439.8124 www.tsunami-trance.com

on 5.11.01 Tsunami presents SUN PROJECT and more..

------------------

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." -voltaire

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." -anais nin

SharonR -- Did you go to it @ the BB King last time, by any chance? What was the venue like? How was the actual music, decorations, security, etc? Just curious -- the BBK theater seems a rather unlikely place to throw a party....... tx!

------------------

-=Vejita=-

Vejita Tsunami parties are da shiiit!

So much different than your average club experience and waay more psychedelic than any rave either!

I've been to many starting with the one thrown in Libert Science center. (Don't remember the year but I had a ball!)

Really great peeps and very Euro (Think cyber hippies from Burning man!) And the music does NOT dissapoint!

If you've never been go! PM me and perhaps we can hook up and get a group together! I havent been to a Tsunami Party since Mars 2112 (the second time round..)

And X-dream ARE amazing! But wait till Sun Project come for a real head trip. THEY PLAY LIVE INSTRUMENTS! (ooooooohhh)

------------------

Sigcopy.jpg

Originally posted by vejita:

SharonR -- Did you go to it @ the BB King last time, by any chance? What was the venue like? How was the actual music, decorations, security, etc? Just curious -- the BBK theater seems a rather unlikely place to throw a party....... tx!

i didn't make it to the BB King Theater, but i think lextacy did. she posted about it the next day with high reviews, great music vibe . . . of the 2 tsunami parties i went to there's usually a general consensus of which one rocked and which one just didn't have it (pier 51 + octagon -), so if she said it was cool there, then let's hope for repeat wink.gif

Hmmmm... this sounds very interesting. Where is the BB King theater? How is the setting there? I might be going... would love to see X-Dream.

------------------

A man who has attained complete mastery of an art reveals his presence of mind in every action.

Originally posted by vejita:

Hey it's me. Hope u remember...thnx for inviting me to your place after the meet up..

Well I think I've already told you I was at the last party they had at BB King 'bout 3 or 4wks ago. It was really good.

I went there to meet my Isralean friend Karen but she stood me up. Imagine me at a place I've never been to, at a party I've never heard of and with noone. But the music was sooooo grrrrreat, the banners with psychedelic pictures were a treat to the eyes. The crowd was amazingly friends (almost as friendly as the Twilo crowd, but definetly more tripped out).

The music was sooo goood, and the people were soo into it that the dancefloor broke. There were these big african american negro securities bopping there heads to the German Eelctronic trance, which gave me hope that there is a chance to unify all races with music.

So i came up to one of these tall very dark, built and handsome securities and I said. "It's no hip hop or house but it isn't bad right."

And they replied. "yo man, dis shit is kinda fat yo, Gotta lot funky sound and beat to it. It takes talent to bust some shit like this out".

So yeah it was good party. I really want to go to the World this friday only because I'm sure it will be awesome like last time.

You should go I'm sure it will be a blast.

The BB King theatre is on 42nd, between 8th / 9th Avs.

I've actually been to 3 Tsunami-tossed parties -- the Roller Rink Rave (June 2000), then one at the Chelsea Piers and one somewhere else (forget which). They're pretty good, although I thought the latter two weren't _as_ good (expensive bar, poor sound system, younger crowds).

Anywho, we'll see what goes on -- one of my friends mentioned it, so we'll see how I'm feeling and what else is going on @ Friday.

Oh, and Gambit -- my pleasure. Glad you and the rest of the peeps were able to make it over. Sorry if I wasn't terribly coherent, or as good a host as I might have been -- hey, it was 4/20...... smile.gif

------------------

-=Vejita=-

Ok guys....

the venue has been changed for the party this friday.....

same lineup.....but it IS at the world in times square1501 bway and 43rd...as of now its 11:45 to 7AM but they're trying to make it go later....

Check it out.....it will be awesome

cwm12.gif

------------------

Lexicopy.jpg

"what I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me" - DMB

Okay, this looks mighty interesting... hey Vejita, gimme a shout by pm or otherwise.

I think I'm gonna have to check this out. Looks promising since I have never been to a Tsunami party...

------------------

March... a month of bad music. April.. a month of pure nightmares.

ezlogo1.gif

Tsuanami parties can be a lot of fun. Shame it changed venues though: The World...ehhh

EZ -- glad to see you are trying out new things smile.gif I for one am growing tired of gush gush kush kush as well.

Vejita -- yeah, he's back in the saddle again! oh, dont forget to send me the email about Wednesday too.

Crommy -- I agree.... The World = fromage (cheesy). frown.gif And I thought I already forwarded the Wednesday info to your work account.....? I'll PM you, regardless -- there's no RSVP this time, which is nice (starts at 7:15pm). Hehehe.... I'm not back in the saddle 100% just yet, but I'm getting there. I'm hankering for a change of venue, and I haven't given my beloved psytrance the attention she deserves, so I figure it's a good time to start checking it out again. smile.gif

EZD -- HAPPY 2000th POST! cwm4.gif You might wanna hold off this weekend, since the venue got moved. I've never been to the World, but I've heard enuff to know that I don't want to. You should definitely come with next week to the Roxy, though -- Synthetic Saddhus is gonna be tossing a party there, and the place will blow your mind. If the music's any good there, we'll all have a quality time. It'll be my first time at an SS party......

I was gonna go to that Wednesday Smiroff Ice meetup, until I saw the type of music they spin. Not bad, just not my deal..... oh vell.

------------------

-=Vejita=-

[This message has been edited by vejita (edited 04-23-2001).]

OH sjhit! IT IS happening THis Friday! Kewl. Hey Lex..maybe we can chill under that black light after all! L*

If you guys are going I'm TOOOTALY DOWN! I needa break from Clubs and I need some goofd fast psy-trance! The World...?

Sounds like a fun thing..

You have to remember that these guys are famouse for picking wacky venues..(Roller skating Rings, Mars 2112,Libert Science Center, Ice skating arenaes etc..) It's part of Yani and Johnemmanuela's sense of humore! I'll be down! There's no party like Tsunami shin digs!

They are the TRUE underground in the sense that they just kinda "throw it all together and see what happens.." The price on the other hand is a different story..

But HELL! If it keeps great GOA acts flying to NY from Isreal, Japan and Germany like in the past I'll fund it! Someone PM me so we can hook up...Pleeeeeaaase!(see I even tried to write more normal for this post!)

N

O

W

Arent you

Proud of

M

U

Gz~ cwm35.gif

------------------

Sigcopy.jpg

Originally posted by mugwump:

OH sjhit! IT IS happening THis Friday! Kewl. Hey Lex..maybe we can chill under that black light after all! L*

M

U

Gz~ cwm35.gif

Definitly Mugz! Can I quote you on that?? Hehe.....

------------------

Lexicopy.jpg

"what I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me" - DMB

Awww...

C'mon Crommy and Vejita...

You guys know better than to judge a venue you haven't been too.

It's the crowd that's cheesy, not the place. And if Tsunami takes over the venue, it should actually be pretty cool.

Anyways, I wish I could go, but gotta make the party dollor stretch a bit farther nowadays...

-Furn

------------------

furnace.gif

"Much respect...to the dreamers..."

Tsunami presents

This Friday April 27th NYC

Psy-trance party

Live from Germany:

X-DREAM (Blue Room/Tsunami)

Jan and Markus have been considered for many years one of the worlds most sought after live trance act and will be playing their track "aspirin" from the Tsunami compilation.

JAMES MONROE (Flying Rhino UK)

Performing one of his famous DJ sets

MARKUS (X-DREAM) special DJ set

YON-E (Yare-X)

Plus a separate chill-out room with

AARON SPECTRE (Opiae/Kinetic)

Angela

New Location:

THE WORLD

1501 Broadway and. 43rd St.

Bigger and better space (48,000 square feet, 25-foot ceilings) world class stage. Intelligent theater projection. 110 Sony Trinitron 36" video monitors

Clair Bros. Professional audio touring package.

Trance Art Special decoration from England

Doors open at 11:45 party till 7.00 am

$25 in advance/$30 at the door

advance tickets @

Throb 211 east 14 st. THROB.COM

Home of trace 122 . st. marks place 212-533-6700

Satellite 259 bowery 212-995-1744

Sonic grove 41 Carmine st. 212-675-5284

Satellite Boston 617-536-5482

Caffeine Long Island 516-797-7196

Tsunami 24 hour info. Line 212.439.8124 www.tsunami-trance.com

on 5.11.01 Tsunami presents SUN PROJECT and more..

cwm24.gif

for anyone thinking about going and that has never been to this type of party, don't hesitate. If you like trance at all you will be blown away by psy, it is light years ahead of the typical cheese/club trance.

btw xdream are one of the pioneers of the current psy sound and they are not "spinning" but playing smile.gif

to the guy who was asking, yahel is not considered psy trance, he is more in the cheese realm tongue.gif

Hrm..... well, I thought it was next weekend, but I just saw that it's this weekend for the Synthetic Saddhus party @ Roxy. A guy named Atmos is gonna spin there.... anybody ever heard of him before?

Furnace -- Sorry, but the WWF ain't my kind of vibe. And the recent Tsunami party have been less of an underground affair than a commercial celebration of itself...... the R3 (roller rink rave) was the SHIT, since only the hardcore peeps were there (or thoroughly intoxicated peeps, natch). But Chelsea Piers? The World? Anyway, I _might_ go, but the chances are low....... if peeps have good things to say about Atmos, I may check it out, since the Roxy is the coolest venue I've seen thus far.

ShadowChaser: See the above message. I would have definitely gone to the BBK Theater, but I'm skeptical about the World......

------------------

-=Vejita=-

Originally posted by retoxic:

huh? atmos isn't playing at roxy as far as I know. atmos is progressive trance. Again they don't "spin". they aren't dj's duh

Actually I think they are playing at the Roxy. I love Swedish trance DJ's. Can't wait to hang out with SWEDISH MODELS.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

-Nietzsche