Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is British TV better than American

Before you shout of course it is, read the article and THEN shout it is.

http://slate.msn.com/culturebox/entries/01-04-24_104662.asp

It is true though much that is said, not just the beutifull people stuff, but there iare many more cultures represented. Some dam good show about clubbing not just the looking up you ravers skirts shit you get on electric circus.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

You see, this is why I need to move to London...my humor will be infinitley more appreciated and can finally get my sitcom on the air.

For some reason, Americans are easily offended. I can even you a messageboard that showcases that.

There's a senator in my neighborhood (Maltese) who is desparately toiling day and night to get the Sopranos off the air because it's "insulting to Italians".

This goes back to your Change post, as you see, my hood is pretty boring, and THESE are the things people are concerned with. That and driving blacks out.

ANyway, American TV is just so afraid to actually depict something realistic, or too busy trying to be PC.

WANKERS

------------------

ambul1.gif

WAIT STOP...p00h HAS MY DRUGS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yup i know.

you should try some freelance comedy writting, write some skits and get em off to comedians.

Yeh the TV over here 'sucks hairy ass', it's all the bloody same 100 chanels and not one thing to watch (i guess there are things like the Soprano's but i carn't even tollerate that).. And whats with all this bleeping shit?

If anybody gets chance watch This Life, it's one of the best things i have seen on the box. It's like freids but REAL.

They would LOVE you in London.

------------------

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

british tv is better on the whole but it has it's fair share of shit... and by the way... Benny Hill is a part of that shit.

Matt

ps sorry don't want to offend anyone but i hate that gadge.

------------------

paint_promo2.jpg

Stones Roses - Paint Promo

AIM: mattarrundale1

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Yup i know.

you should try some freelance comedy writting, write some skits and get em off to comedians.

Yeh the TV over here 'sucks hairy ass', it's all the bloody same 100 chanels and not one thing to watch (i guess there are things like the Soprano's but i carn't even tollerate that).. And whats with all this bleeping shit?

If anybody gets chance watch This Life, it's one of the best things i have seen on the box. It's like freids but REAL.

They would LOVE you in London.

however, "this life" is fucking ace. I use to watch that all the time... love it

------------------

paint_promo2.jpg

Stones Roses - Paint Promo

AIM: mattarrundale1

Most of it's better, some of it's worse.

Good: New shows, Top of the Pops, FilmFour, actual news (its amazing how obvilious the US is to the rest of the world), House of Commons (hilarious), Music Videos.

Bad: Comedy Game Shows, Eastenders. Benny hill really wasn't shown much when I lived there in 98/99... never liked him much...

Can someone explain the appeal of shows like the Eastenders? I know there's lots of bad comedy, but I'm still confused on that thing...

[This message has been edited by starchild- (edited 04-26-2001).]

Well it certainly has to be better than Italian TV. I lived in Rome for seven years and had to watch the worst shit I've ever seen in my life. (Aperantly David Hasselhof is still top notch up there)

American TV is too formulated these days in the sence that even the comic shows that grow on you are like watching a formula for comic writing class 101

(give or take a couple shows like Denis Leary's new show which will prob end up the way Jay Mohr's hysterical show ended up.)

Even the State or Kids in the Hall sometimes fealt like Monty Python rip offs but just as the Brits have their share of gold and spot lights at the moment us YANKS still have:

Classic SNL

Old Bugs and Warner brothers

Ren and Stimpy

The Simpsons

Jerry Springer (which could very well be animated)

Beavus and Butthead (come on you know you use to imitate Buthead before they blew up)

The State (my Fav skit show of the last decade)

and all the those really freaky public television shows with Elvis look alike's dancing around and ghetto video camera booty grinding shit!

GOD BLESS OUR STUPIDITY!

------------------

Mugwumpeyes02.jpg

"Cartoons are the real deal. I think humans are the FAKES!"

I can't say I've seen anything other than comedy but, that is certainly funny.

I loved The Young Ones, Mr. Bean, Benny Hill...

------------------

cathysignature.jpgblossom002_60_16256.gif

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

AIM: cathyoNYC

Originally posted by matta:

however, "this life" is fucking ace. I use to watch that all the time... love it

Yeh tell me about it, the first series was fantastic.

Did somebody say top of the pops is good? It's the biggest load of wank ever..

Used to love stuff like the Word (ok it was trashy, but funny as hell)

League of Gentlemen is about the funniest thing.

Lui Tharoughs(sp) weird weekends was ok as well, that's on Bravo tonight actually.

------------------

b2b6.GIF

Back in Australia we used to get the best of both worlds (ah hem), british & american TV.......I agree with Matta Benny Hill is shite, prior to departure the only british show I watched was Cold Feet (which is running on Bravo over here)......

As for the American TV, I confess to enjoying the David E Kelley dramas, the only thing new I've discovered is Tom Green and in particular Jack Ass on MTV, Jack Ass being a great closer to a weekend cwm27.gif

------------------

New Residency! Every Friday @ Vinyl ;-) .................. boa_boy@yahoo.com YIM boa_boy AIM boaboyOZ

Originally posted by boa_boy:

Back in Australia we used to get the best of both worlds (ah hem), british & american TV.......I agree with Matta Benny Hill is shite, prior to departure the only british show I watched was Cold Feet (which is running on Bravo over here)......

As for the American TV, I confess to enjoying the David E Kelley dramas, the only thing new I've discovered is Tom Green and in particular Jack Ass on MTV, Jack Ass being a great closer to a weekend cwm27.gif

AND Neighbors and Home & Away.. man you have it good over there wink.gif

Yeh i used to like Tom Green and jackass but it's the same joke over and over and over.

------------------

b2b6.GIF