Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I think BODYHEAT is gonna flop just like splash does every year....

My friend is gonna be bartending there so i hope it does good, but even my friend does not think it is gonna work.She said they built an indoor "tent" and thats what the room is in.The sound system is horrible and there is no resident dj. I think bringing in Denny is a mistake.And Boris is an even bigger mistake.Does anyone realize that these guys are played? I went to abyss a few weeks ago when Denny did a guest spot and it was absolutly DEAD!!!!!! Do not let anyone tell you any different.It was totally dead! And they keep doing guest spots also, and they have boris soon also.I think these guys have just fallen behind and i think having them do guest spots in clubs give the club a bad reputation.Why dont you guys try building a night that would stay soild and build your oun djs namae. Maybe the club would at least have a chance to last more then a week.I hope BODYHEAT does good(for my friends sake anyway) but it is the same spot as SPLASH, THE SANDBAR and now BODYHEAT. They all had a horrible "crowd" if you even wanna call it that , and the music was always terrible. I guess we will see.

WELL I THINK........you should wait until the club opens before you start passing judgement. Denny and Boris played??? I don't think so. Who do YOU suggest they bring in? You know......since you are sooooooooooooooooo knowlegable on the club scene. Every club sucks in NJ on Fridays except Metro. I think something else opening will give a little variety in where else to go. Abyss has been dead for months. I don't think the DJ did that to them because they have had every DJ under the sun in there and it's still dead. I doubt the guest spots of Denny and Boris ruined there Wed. and Fridays. So I guess we will have to wait and see how BODY HEAT is. I think it's worth checking out. Oh and BTW....hope your friend does well!!! LOL!

Originally posted by njgirl23:

By the way this response was directed to CHOSEN1 and the post below. I hope i did not offend anyone.

Originally posted by njgirl23:

My friend is gonna be bartending there so i hope it does good, but even my friend does not think it is gonna work.She said they built an indoor "tent" and thats what the room is in.The sound system is horrible and there is no resident dj. I think bringing in Denny is a mistake.And Boris is an even bigger mistake.Does anyone realize that these guys are played? I went to abyss a few weeks ago when Denny did a guest spot and it was absolutly DEAD!!!!!! Do not let anyone tell you any different.It was totally dead! And they keep doing guest spots also, and they have boris soon also.I think these guys have just fallen behind and i think having them do guest spots in clubs give the club a bad reputation.Why dont you guys try building a night that would stay soild and build your oun djs namae. Maybe the club would at least have a chance to last more then a week.I hope BODYHEAT does good(for my friends sake anyway) but it is the same spot as SPLASH, THE SANDBAR and now BODYHEAT. They all had a horrible "crowd" if you even wanna call it that , and the music was always terrible. I guess we will see.

Nothing like Positivity!!!! I think YOU should play, ms. dj critic!!!!

------------------

"Hold on Tight...Enjoy the Ride" -DT

Since when is it the DJ's responsiblity to pack a club? I thought that was up to the owners and promoters. Maybe if you understood that you wouldn't blame a DJ for a club being empty. But I guess you don't know much about the club business so keep your comments to yourself.

Even this summer splash,or bodyheat or whatever they are calling it was not good. I would expect at least the summer would have been good, only cause it is outside but it wasnt. Jersey city is just a gross place ans parking sucks.As far as fridays go, there is no chance of it being a better party then metrolounge.Metro fridays just keep getting better and better.Even though i loooovvve DENNY, me and my friends would rather go to hear Denny at World on sat then at splash....FRIDAY METRO...SAT.DENNY AT WORLD!!!! sounds like a good weekend to me ...have fun.

Even this summer splash,or bodyheat or whatever they are calling it was not good. I would expect at least the summer would have been good, only cause it is outside but it wasnt. Jersey city is just a gross place ans parking sucks.As far as fridays go, there is no chance of it being a better party then metrolounge.Metro fridays just keep getting better and better.Even though i loooovvve DENNY, me and my friends would rather go to hear Denny at World on sat then at splash....FRIDAY METRO...SAT.DENNY AT WORLD!!!! sounds like a good weekend to me ...have fun.

What are you talking about.

The reason no one showed to hea denny or Boris spin at Abyss, is becasue Abyss is the worst.

Just the fact that you went too Abyss once, let alone two weeks in a row, has brought your credibility down.

Wheather you like Denny or Boris (because apparently some people don't) they both have a really large following. Alot of people go places just to hear them.

Sorry quys,nothing against Abyss, but Boris has really been bad lately. I think your own djs are probably better. Why do you think exit is empty by 5am? if the music was good everyone would stay. I dont know what happened after boris left roxy, but it been down hill ever since. And, i hate to tell you you , if abyss was dead a few weeks ago, whick it was, there is no way it will be packed with boring boris.

hey duper... how can you pass judgement on the night with boris @ abyss... it's tomorrow and for the record abyss has been picking up steam every week and getting busier, so please get the facts straight. thank you

------------------

MUSIC MAKES THE PEOPLE COME TOGETHER ...Madonna 2000

i heard that bodyheat sucks! I went to abyss on fri. All I have to say is the name bodyheat does not make me want to go anywhere. I was very impressed by abyss. Ive heard so many bad things about it and sure didnt live up to the insults. I dont understand what people go out for anymore. Everyone argues that this dj sucks and this club sucks blah blah blah. Abyss was one of the nicest clubs I've been to in a long time. I actually saw girls & guys with style. To me the crowd was mostly mature and good looking. dont get me wrong there are other clubs with good looking people. But ive heard so much shit about Abyss. The music was hard how I like it and the vibe was good. It was much different from the last time I was there. I like a club with a look not a dark smokey room.