Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Riddle

Light one rope at both ends. Since u lit it at both ends it will only take half the time to burn out. This will equal 15 minutes. Then right when the first rope burns out light the second rope at only one end. By the time this rope burns out it will be 45 minutes.

------------------

handya.gifjefmils1.gifhandya.gif

I love these brain teaser things. Here's one, Mr.Sick...

A wealthy man lives in the penthouse of an 80 story building.

On rainy days, he takes the elevator down to work. After work, he comes home and takes the elevator back up.

On sunny days, he takes the elevator down to work. After work, he comes home and takes the elevator to the 69th floor and walks the last eleven floors up.

There is not elevator operator in this building.

Why does he do this?

For the first one that figures this out, I'll buy a drink at the next dinner meetup...

------------------

furnace.gif

i don't know how to word it, but the guy is short..on rainy days, he uses the umbrella to press his apartment's number...on sunny day he presses the highest floor number he could, which is 69 (or whatever)...he gets off there and walk the rest...

Originally posted by island:

i don't know how to word it, but the guy is short..on rainy days, he uses the umbrella to press his apartment's number...on sunny day he presses the highest floor number he could, which is 69 (or whatever)...he gets off there and walk the rest...

Nice. I didnt figure it out until now. Here's one a lot of people will like.

The beginning of eternity,

The end of time and space,

The beginning of every end,

The end of every place.

What am I?

------------------

handya.gifjefmils1.gifhandya.gif

Island...that is correct!

I owe you a drink...make sure you come to the next meetup dinner!

Alternatively, if you go to Lawler this Friday, go to the meetup...I think it's 3am at the Powerbar. If you meet anyone fron ClubNYC, they know who I am.

Or, Sat. go to Gatecrasher. I think the meetup is at 3am in the fishtank room, but you better check EZDreamer's thread for that.

-Dennis

------------------

furnace.gif

but you know that rope riddle could be tricky caz it depends how the rope is set up and(vertically,horizantly, or any other spontaneous postion) its all of matter of physics if you ask me but on simpler note if they were to be in a straight line using gasoline then it well work out( oh yeah and it also depends on the what u use it to light it)

all in all i love these reddles can be tricky i like the elevator one