Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Twilo or SoundFactory

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by trippintrance64:

and you...

....has to be the most ignorant comment i've heard. just cause you and I are attracted to the oppisite sex, does not mean that they are different....

....and this has to be the dumbest comment I've ever heard. I mean, it's nice to know that you have no problems with gay and all, but claiming that gay men/women are not different is bs. I think if you ask any gay person, he/she himself/herself will admit it that they're different. You don't think lots of members of our society have problems with gay/women because they (gay public) is just like the rest, do you??

No drama, just surprised at how confused your post came off...

Whoa! I am impressed, there have been some objective posts on this thread.

I am against fanaticism, because people that scream "CLUB XYZ FOREVER!" remind me of Nazis and religious psychopaths, so I'm glad to see that some people posted "Sometimes SF and sometimes Twilo". For real, why the contest? I've had a great time at SF, I've had a lousy time at SF, and same can be said for Twilo. And Vinyl. And Centro-Fly. I am an Equal Opportunity Offender!

Well I agree with peeps who say 'what ur lookin for' .. If its the music, hands down you know the answer.. You have to realize, now Twilo brings in all the best EVERY WEEK. .not just S&D, PVD, Carl Cox, but look at people like John Graham (Quivver), Dave Seaman, Deep Dish, Tilt!! I mean these DJs are the BEST of the BEST! You CANT BEAT THAT... BUt I must admit Twilos gets SOOO CROWDED its hard to have fun.. Back in the day it was so much easier before it became so commercial... And now they let ANYONE in.. When Armando worked the door it was hard for some to get in, but not anymore (I see he works Eugene's now) ... As for SF, JP duz his thing good, but not necessarily for music appreciaters, though its still a good time.. Again.. what ur lookin for!!

Personally I wish i could go to twilo at like 4 or 5 and NOT wait on line!!!

-djk

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

1 - I don't really know you ALL that well so sometimes I cannot read your mind and see if you were joking or being serious.

That's fair.....I should have put a little smiley in........

2 - Weren't you the one telling me that you've never even been to SF? Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else, I'm not sure..

Na, I'm the one I think......but I had said I haven't been there in like 2 years....not that I've never been there.......when I said that, my question was whether or not it has changed a lot in the past 2 years or so because I didn't like it all that much when I used to go(my friends loved it) and I was thinking of getting some opinions before I throw my money away.......

3 - Where did I say that we all have to agree and listen to the same music and like the same djs/clubs????????????? All I said was it's great when ppl state opinions, and tell everyone what they like, what dj they are dying to hear, what clubs make them go nuts and lose their minds. It's a totally different story when ppl trash other places because in their opinion they are not as good as other places.

I agree......like I said, I don't condone "trashing" clubs to offend people but I do think if, like you say...."it's great when ppl state opinions, and tell everyone what they like".....I think it's also great when people can tell everyone what they don't like without others taking such offense.......it shouldn't be taken so personal all the time.......

Sorry, I'm repeating myself and going in circles but some people are still not getting the point.....

True......I DO get the point I was only making a mockery of it in my original post......bad use of sarcasm I guess.......anyway, that should be all....hey, maybe I'll even see you at SF one of these days...... cwm12.gif

Mikey

------------------

"Some I consider my girlfriends, and some I just consider" - John Bender

[This message has been edited by tyco (edited 02-21-2001).]

Twilo, hands down (IMO)! Especially after hearing the system on full blast last Sunday - OMFG!!! And the new lasers!

Music-wise..hehe, I don't even need to say it. And it only gets really crowded on S&D, PvD and special event nights....generally you have plenty of space on the other nights.

DIgweed this Friday, Lawler, etc..and esp. DANNY HOWELLS!!

I've been to SF 2 or 3 times - never really had a good time.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

People are definately responding a little more civilly than I expected when I saw the topic...

1) In the big picture, SF-heads and Twilo-heads are almost one and the same...when you think about how many choices we have in music, nightlife, etc..we're not comparing country to house or hip hop to Alternative....It's like comparing Haagen Daaz vanilla vs. Ben & Jerry's vanilla...

2) variety is key....food analogy - I love Italian food, and thai and japanese, but I don't have to choose just ONE, so why would clubs be any different? As long as I'm on the food analogy, I'd say Twilo is like the specialty foods place, you go there for top quality imports, while SF is like a great all american bar/grill type of place...sometimes I'd prefer getting my UK/Thai fix at Twilo, sometimes I want a nice fat burger(NYC hard house) at the Factory.....

3) JP tears it up

4) Twilo DJ's tear it up

5) I think people are calming down about "this club vs. that club"...we're all into the scene, and many of us are into different styles within the scene...people who pigeonhole their tastes are only limiting themselves...and tastes change...some of the people who love trance now may love techno in a year and vocals in 2 years...

Here's the best way to settle this:

People who understand music go to TWILO (and Vinyl on Friday's of course..even those this is the Twilo vs. SF thread...always gotta give love to vinyl)!!!!!

People who DON'T understand music go to SF!!

If I wanted to hear Stranger in My House Played consecutively SIX times...I would spend $6.00 on the single, sit in my car with volume all the way up and the treble as high as it could possibly go (to get the same effect as SF of course) and play it over and over again until my ears bled. Why would I spend $35 for that? AND subject myself to the Sweaty, Cracked Out so bad they can barely walk, Steroid Over-Dosed MONSTERS who can't possible mumble the words excuse me after they knock my little 100lb body over!

YOu see...those of you who understand music KNOW that hearing stranger in my house played six times for an hour straight in a NYC club is NOT RIGHT!!!

JUST MY OPINION OF COURSE!!!! tee heee!! RIGHT! cwm25.gif

------------------

"Hold on Tight...Enjoy the Ride" -DT

Spilled Milk On The Face Will Not Be Considered Make-Up This Evening!

I love Twilo for their variety of DJ's on Friday nites and Saturdays.

I loove JP

I looove Twilo for the unbeleivably friendly vibe.

I loooove JP and the way he spins vocals

I looooove Twilo for the youthful enthusiasm of music. Eveyone there is so responsive to good beats

I loooooove SF for the crazy ladies that mistake me for my brothers

I looooooove Twilo for having Digweed/Sasha on regular basis.

I loooooooove SF because I what they did to the place...with the new upstairs/ shower whirlpool and stuff.

I looooooooove Twilo cos I had the most memorable nite there when I met this girl that attends Binghamton Universaty...Ugh! If only I would see her there again.

I looooooooooove SF especially back when, when JP played his version of FLOWER "....and everything will flow...flow...flow"

I loooooooooooove Twilo because people asks me for things : )

I looooooooooooove SF when JP played that song... back when..."..I don't want you to love me..."

I loooooooooooooove Twilo for having Maura Picatto

I loooooooooooooooove SF cos it's good on Saturdays so I won't have to be torn between goin' there or Twilo on Friday... Friday Twilo...Sat. SF..

I loooooooooooooooooove Twilo for DT/CC last sunday....and I can't wait for tomorrow

-nuff said.

I love JP

I loove Twilo

I looove SF when JP plays nice vocals

I loooove Deep Dish

I looooove SF when all the crazy ladies

ladies mistake me for my brothers

I loooooove Twilo for the unbelievably

friendly youthful vibe

I love SF when JP played that song FLOWER..

....and everyting will flow..flow

I looooooove Twilo for the responsive crowd

when agood beat comes on

I looooooooove SF when JP played .."...I

don't want you to love me.."

I loooooooooove Twilo for PVD

I looooooooooove SF for having the greatest

dancers downstairs

I loooooooooooove Twilo for having Maura

Picatto

I looooooooooooove SF for not conflicting

with Twilo on Friday..cos it's good on

Saturdays

I loooooooooooooove Twilo for DT/CC last

Sunday

Originally posted by saynotodrama:

Here's the best way to settle this:

People who understand music go to TWILO (and Vinyl on Friday's of course..even those this is the Twilo vs. SF thread...always gotta give love to vinyl)!!!!!

People who DON'T understand music go to SF!!

If I wanted to hear Stranger in My House Played consecutively SIX times...I would spend $6.00 on the single, sit in my car with volume all the way up and the treble as high as it could possibly go (to get the same effect as SF of course) and play it over and over again until my ears bled. Why would I spend $35 for that? AND subject myself to the Sweaty, Cracked Out so bad they can barely walk, Steroid Over-Dosed MONSTERS who can't possible mumble the words excuse me after they knock my little 100lb body over!

YOu see...those of you who understand music KNOW that hearing stranger in my house played six times for an hour straight in a NYC club is NOT RIGHT!!!

JUST MY OPINION OF COURSE!!!! tee heee!! RIGHT! cwm25.gif

EVERYONE DISREGARD THE POST ABOVE ! rolleyes.gif

You're not giving your opinion you're stereotyping...

------------------

AIM vampienyc10

e-mail: vampie@aol.com

Originally posted by vampienyc10:

You're not giving your opinion you're stereotyping...

First and foremost: my visits to Twilo outnumber those to SF about 5 to 1. Now may justice be served.

As for M's post: Right on. Something else I'm noticing in the battles of Twilo fans vs. SF fans, whether in this thread or not: most SF people limited themselves to saying, "I like/love/would-die-for SF no matter what you'd say". Most Twilo people liven up their posts with things like "SF music sucks, SF crowd sucks, JP sucks, yo mama sucks, et cetera". Do you get where I am going? If you have to offend your opponent, maybe you really don't have an argument.

Oh, and I think somewhere in the thread there was a post of "I've never been but I think it sux". Now THAT is objective criticism. Nothing but the finest of.