Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the truth about peanut butter

for about the last year i've been eating peanut butter with great joy and abandonment, thinking i'm eating something healthy and vegetarian, cuz i'm kinda into that and all, i like eating meat on a limited basis, so i think i've got this great healthy think going with peanut butter, right? so then today i'm at the grocery store looking to buy some more pb, and i see one of the jars that says, "25% less fat" and i think, wow, wouldn't that be great! so i start reading the label and one of the ingrediants is partially hydrogenated soybean oil. and i'm like, well that sucks, cuz who cares if it's less fat if it's got that partially hydrogenated shit in it, cuz that's the bad cholesterol shit. it's in anything that's processed. so like if you're eating low sodium triscuits, it sucks cuz just read the label and it's got that partially hydrogenated shit in it! so, i start wondering, and i pick up a jar of the regular pb, the kind that i've been eating with so much joy and abandoment for about a year now, and lo & behold, it's got that damn hydrogenated shit in it too! okay so it's not so bad that i've been buying the regular peanut butter, and never read the label, i've only got myself to blame, right? but what about the misleading advertising on the 25% reduced fat kind? you think you're doing yourself a good thing when you buy it butcha ain't! i guess the FDA allows that kinda shit. so i looked a little further and found some 100% pure peanut butter, and it has no additives and even says on the label "no partially hydrogenated oils" and i bought it. haven't tasted it yet, i'm sure it will be bland but i'll adapt. don't worry, i won't keep you hangin', i'll let you guys know how it goes with the new, *pure* peanut butter!

[This message has been edited by shugabooga (edited 03-04-2001).]

'Natural' peanut butter doesn't have the right effect for good ol' pb&j.

I'm gonna stick to my partialy hydrated oils and enjoy. The stress from worrying about your food will sooner give you a heart condition than relishing each sticky, gooey, sweet drop and downing it with a large glass of that...yes milk.

Don't worry so much. Our bodies are amazingly resiliant. :-) Treat it well, eat balanced diets, excercise and ENJOY LIFE and all it has to offer.

-Oo

------------------

I am NOT a fag hag. I'm a fairy princess.

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen