Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Zombie Nation party at Club Ohm 3-29-01

Guest danwang

MAX did an event last Thursday at Club Chaos featuring a live performance by Alice Deejay (I wonder how good their singer Judy is/was as a DJ). I wanted to go to that, but went to the WKTU thing at Exit instead. If anyone went, how was it?

Originally posted by j303j:

im so there. this will be the best party of the year. cwm4.gif

baaaaaahhahhhhahahahahahhahahahahaha

cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

------------------

FairyAniSparkel.gif

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

AoL: MAReLuNa

Originally posted by danwang:

MAX did an event last Thursday at Club Chaos featuring a live performance by Alice Deejay (I wonder how good their singer Judy is/was as a DJ). I wanted to go to that, but went to the WKTU thing at Exit instead. If anyone went, how was it?

i unfortunately missed both of those parties

Originally posted by lilmalutzo:

how do i get the flyer??

don't worry, just go before 5:30 pm!

------------------

"real fucking high"

Originally posted by j303j:

im so there. this will be the best party of the year. cwm4.gif

you have to be fuckin kidding me? please say youre joking...the best party will be at the end of this month on west 27th st. that will be the best party, no doubt about that.peas.

I'll be there in my wifebeater, oiled up hair, and 80% plastic girlfriend.

------------------

-----"Embracing the goddess energy within yourselves will bring all of you to a new understanding, and value of life. A vision, that inspires you to live, and love, on planet earth. Like a priceless jewel, buried in dark layers of soil and stone.... earth radiates her brilliant beauty into the caverns of space and time. Perhaps you are aware of those who watch over your home. And experience in this place to visit, and play with reality. You are becoming aware of yourself...as a Game master..........

lights!copy.jpgTrippintrance64sigcopy.jpglovepeacetwilo.jpg

AIM: fantom0680

Guest danwang

5:30 pm may sound strange but these events (which happen roughly every other Thursday) run to 10 pm, sorta like after-work happy hours, parties for people who can't stay up late for normal party hours. Maybe the hours are convenient for working folks as well. I've been only one of these events, but from what I've heard, turnout is usually pretty good. If you don't mind a mostly Asian crowd, check it out some time.

[This message has been edited by danwang (edited 03-05-2001).]

actually,

i don't think this was clear, but be aware that these 'max happy hours' are: #1 asian events (ie crowd are normally 99% asian) and #2 the live acts don't usually come on until 8:00 - 9:00PM.

you don't need the flier for reduced admission- just go to their website: www.maxhappyhours.com and click on the link for reduced admission or something. it'll ask you for some personal information and then you'll get to save $5. admission goes up in $5 increments from the time it opens. so, for women, it'll be free before 5:30, $5 before 6:00PM, $10 before 6:30PM, etc.

frankly, the sets tend to be fairly short- three or four songs and the happy hour lasts only until about 10:00PM to 11:00PM after which the club oftentimes kicks everyone out so they can let the regulars in.

just fyi.

Guest danwang

j303j, Zombie Nation is not happening for another 3.5 weeks (march 29)... but according to their site, there's an event at Hush this Thursday.